2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

the auto turbo!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation the auto turbo!!

well im new to this but hear it goes i bought my cobalt last year about this time i wanted a manual but they said they would have to order it so i just took the auto after the first 500 miles i decided to stomp it at 50 then i decided to do something with this car it wasnt till i found this web site that i learned that there was no tuning for this car so i guess ive read just about every thread on the 2.2 and one said to just call hahn or one of the companies and just ask so i did i called hahn racecraft and the guy on the phone said that i should just keep my fingers crossed that the demand goes up so i asked him if you make one for the manual dont you think there are going to be people looking to mod the auto to he said probally but it takes thousands of man hours to make a turbo kit so being that im new the reason i wrote this is to ask is there any way to show them that the demand is high and they or someone should make a kit.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Simple answer? Nope.

Hahn is not the problem. They have the hardware to make the kit. But they don't make software. The tuning companies do that. HP Tuners and Super Chips Tuning are the companies that have Cobalt products, but their stuff is incomplete. They just don't care honestly because they have a greater demand for other cars.

SCT is our best hope since they do have tuning for our engine computers, and we are hoping they plan to release it in their next version of their software. But they aren't talking to anybody, which plainly sucks.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by cobalt15.7
well im new to this but hear it goes i bought my cobalt last year about this time i wanted a manual but they said they would have to order it so i just took the auto after the first 500 miles i decided to stomp it at 50 then i decided to do something with this car it wasnt till i found this web site that i learned that there was no tuning for this car so i guess ive read just about every thread on the 2.2 and one said to just call hahn or one of the companies and just ask so i did i called hahn racecraft and the guy on the phone said that i should just keep my fingers crossed that the demand goes up so i asked him if you make one for the manual dont you think there are going to be people looking to mod the auto to he said probally but it takes thousands of man hours to make a turbo kit so being that im new the reason i wrote this is to ask is there any way to show them that the demand is high and they or someone should make a kit.
I think that is the longest sentence I have ever seen!

I would also like to have a turbo for my 2.2 auto but I have an 07 and will probably wait several years anyways so I don't screw with the warranty. Plus I don't have an extra $5k to spend.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by mcoder77
I think that is the longest sentence I have ever seen!

I would also like to have a turbo for my 2.2 auto but I have an 07 and will probably wait several years anyways so I don't screw with the warranty. Plus I don't have an extra $5k to spend.
amen to that brother.

my buddy also has told me it's tough to turbo an auto as the tranny and torque converters are usually not strong enough to hold more then a couple lbs of boost. weather he's right or not, idk, but he has done a few turbo setups from scratch.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:12 PM

I call shinanigans! if you read all the 2.2 turbo threads you wouldnt have made this thread =P just messin with ya tho.. i wouldnt hold your breath. if you want to go turbo that bad, do it, dont let anyone say you cant... Honestly nothing is holding you back. The tranny can take it, but for how long no one knows. Celicacobalt did it, hes got the same tranny as you on his 2.4. That or trade in your auto for a manual.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:36 AM

everyone agrees the tranny can hold it.... its weather or not it works at all is the problem

edit: spelled weather wrong (here too) and i cant think of the right way. lol
Old 09-09-2007, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Smitty1017
everyone agrees the tranny can hold it.... its whether or not it works at all is the problem

There ya go

Last edited by -NIVEK-; 09-09-2007 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost