2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Availible Superchargers and Turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So. VIN, are you planning on holding on to this stuff for when a tranny tuner comes out or do you have another solution? Albeit im sure its over my head, im just curious.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Vin

Originally Posted by RedBaseBolt
Well if thats the case then that is very homosexual. Really.
hahaha

Sorry man. They support our cars it just doesn't work with them...

Originally Posted by Smitty1017
So. VIN, are you planning on holding on to this stuff for when a tranny tuner comes out or do you have another solution? Albeit im sure its over my head, im just curious.
Right now you should do some reading. There is an excellent sticky thread at the top of this forum by Halfcent about the turbo kit we are talking about. I've put my money in a savings account until the software solutions present themselves. I do not forsee the automatic tunning by the end of the summer but it will likely be here before the year is out. I would collect all of the parts you need and wait for the software if you are serious. Theres no complete kit out there that contains absolutely everything you need but most of it does come with the kit I said above. Your automatic transmission stands in the way at this point.

I'm debating doing some suspension work for the summer. I don't like the way the car handles on the highway. It feels like its on skates. The suspension is to sloppy. Once I remove the govenor and apply so boost I suspect the car will feel dangerous with the stock suspension. It is very sloppy and I miss feeling the road a little bit.

Certainly an engine build up would be a smart and wise idea as well. Making your engine stronger will make it last for the duration you own the car with the turbo. If I had my girl driving my car (which she will be) then I would make sure its as safe as possible. A set of rods would be a great place to start.

Upgrade that torque converter as well. It will break in no time with the extra torque from the turbo.

Last edited by Vin; 08-09-2007 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-09-2007, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grrr... I read earlier on this site posted by Half-Cent himself that HP Tuners supports our trannys...he just didn't specify it they support the tranny with our computer, I guess thats the problem here. ohh well... I will prolly try and run some kind of F.I. on my auto and if it doesn't work, convert to manual when/if needed.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man...

Yes, HPT does support the transmission control module that is used in our cars. The problem is, in order to get to the module, you have to go through the Engine control module. Since HPT does NOT support that, it becomes moot.

The only reason HPT supports the trans unit is because it is used in other model cars as well.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
Man...

Yes, HPT does support the transmission control module that is used in our cars. The problem is, in order to get to the module, you have to go through the Engine control module. Since HPT does NOT support that, it becomes moot.

The only reason HPT supports the trans unit is because it is used in other model cars as well.

We just need to keep emailing HP Tuners to show them there is a serious interest in tuning the e16 ECM cobalts. I emailed them just last night and got the "we will be releasing tuning, but there is no release date" message.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Vin

Originally Posted by tonio5555
We just need to keep emailing HP Tuners to show them there is a serious interest in tuning the e16 ECM cobalts. I emailed them just last night and got the "we will be releasing tuning, but there is no release date" message.
Post the email here and on the front page and I'm sure someone will either get pissed off or try to speed up the process =)
Old 08-09-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trust me, HPT knows our interest so much that they are actually annoyed with our constant badgering. I know this much for fact. It is not the the production schedule for this year, and this year is full. It is a lesser priority to them then other cars.