2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Aw! What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aw! What to do?

Ok, I am wanting to get something for my balt. I want alot of things but cannot do some of them now cause of money(ya know). Anyway, I want an intake, put that off cause for some reason I was certain I had that stupid SAI but I finally remembered to really look and saw no second line/tube beside my air box, so I do not have it, yay! I have read that many like the Injen(?) system and thought about going w/ that. I have an LS so obviciously its a 4x4 and that wants me to get some Sportlines to lower it and I am dieing for some Halo projector lights but I am alittle apprehensive after reading about how they like to get moist inside and not to mention all the things I've heard about lights being out and Halo's not working and yada yada. Price is another thing, I found some on ebay for around 208-230$ depending on shipping, but that worries me by getting something off of ebay, again, that whole are they gonna work or not thing. One site called K2motor or whatever has them for 269$ but that is abit more than I want to pay. And finally, I would not mind a short throw shifter, twm has them for like 135$ which sounds decent.

Errr. I am leaning towards the intake, hence the post in here. What does everyone think?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't need to spend a whole lot to begin customizing your car. I say start off with the intake and springs. You can also do some smaller things to personalize the 'balt like getting a shorty antenna, debadging the rear, and painting the calipers. (Once you have rims)

BTW, why does your public profile say you have a 2.0?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:48 PM

Well I have already done things to it, swap trunk, black cat gauges and turn signal mirrors. Gonna debadge soon cause the trunk I got was off an SS/SC plus I want to go w/ that clean look.

Not sure why my pro has it sayig 2.0, never really did anything to that. Well check it out and fix accordingly.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:00 PM

Also, if money is tight, hang out in the classified section a while. I know that after purchasing a few of my parts brand new I have seen people selling them in near mint condition for a whole lot less than I got mine. Especially watch when tuning comes out for the 2.2 and when some of the 2.0 guys start to go turbo. Those 2.2 guys that didn't plan well will probably have intakes and headers for sale that you could pick up very reasonably, and the 2.0 guys may also have some headers for sale.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM

Make a Goal

Make a Budget

Make a Plan

Figure out what you want and what is important before dumping money.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:06 PM

Thanks, forgot about the classifieds. Money is not really tight, just I got this car because I wanted to save money, and just got a big raise and hours at work so money is rolling in so I would like to make the LS alittle better(especially in the looks department).
Old 06-15-2007, 08:34 PM

Rims seriously help A LOT! They completely change the look of the car. When I have the steelies on in the winter, it kills me, but when I've got my rims on, the car looks 10x better!
Old 06-16-2007, 03:16 PM

Rims is something I am dieing for but its the price thats keeping me from just doing it. I want like 5-spoke(typical I know) that are black w/ a silver lip. I saw a set of 16's, yes, still small w/ a tire package for 559$, sounded good but thats w/out knowing shipping which I am sure is a killer.