Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which is the best exhaust

if i got exhaust, i would be looking basically based on sound
im not lookin for big power gains, if any at all

i dont want the ricey sound at all, i kinda liked the sound of the corsa

what would you recommend, im hopin for 1st hand experiences primarily
Old 03-27-2006, 02:56 PM

magnaflow mufflers if you dont want much power they are 180 a muffler, have great sound
Old 03-27-2006, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats your price range
Old 03-27-2006, 04:05 PM

corsa touring, not sport
Old 03-27-2006, 04:35 PM

whats sound without power? rice, if you ask me but that aside i would say magnaflow muffler for sure. word to the wise if you get a louder, sportier exhaust you will be taunted to race and if you get blowen away cause of your exhaust that will be embarrassing to say the least.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just make sure you tell whoever races you that its NOT an SS
Old 03-27-2006, 05:11 PM

corsa touring is the best sound
Old 03-27-2006, 05:16 PM

I like my magnaflow res-back!!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
IMO i like the exhaust in this order from what we have heard:

Corsa Touring
Corsa Sport
Magnaflow
DC Sports
Old 03-27-2006, 06:48 PM

corsa is probably the best but i'll most likely be going with magnaflow because ive heard no complaints and i dont have much $$
Old 03-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor

We have 2 magnaflow exhaust we have a really low price on, check out the website. Also you can take another 5% off of or free shipping on any order over $350. Please refer to the Turbo Tech Racing forum for the discount codes.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:00 PM

heyyy guys how does the corsa touring sound... and would u guys no of any links of where i would be able to hear it... or even if u have any of ur personal videos... because i just want the exhaust to be a bit more throatier and louder then stock ss sc... but not even close to ricer loud ....what u guys think??
thnks alot ryan
Old 03-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor

No rice from Corsa! The touring will give you a nice deep down sound with a little extra tone.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by SSBlueSS
heyyy guys how does the corsa touring sound... and would u guys no of any links of where i would be able to hear it... or even if u have any of ur personal videos... because i just want the exhaust to be a bit more throatier and louder then stock ss sc... but not even close to ricer loud ....what u guys think??
thnks alot ryan
If you've got the $ go for the Corsa Touring, it sounds good. Just know that you will notice the performance gains. I just installed mine this weekend & definately noticed the performance increase.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltCowboy
whats sound without power? rice, if you ask me but that aside i would say magnaflow muffler for sure. word to the wise if you get a louder, sportier exhaust you will be taunted to race and if you get blowen away cause of your exhaust that will be embarrassing to say the least.
no no no, im not a ricer at all
what i meant was, i dont care about power, i dont drive my car like a race car
i do drive spiritedly occasionally, but i know the limits of the car, so im not rev-happy

id prefer a catback, bc just adding on a muffler sounds like shiat

as far as price, i know you havta pay for quality, but obviously, the cheaper the better

the corsa touring sounds good to me, i wish i could hear a manual transmission with it
Old 04-01-2006, 02:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What you guys call "rice" is a matter of opinion but I will say it's kind of immature call something "rice". First of all, rice is a food, not a word to describe a part, car or modification. Second of all, rice is a derogative word but people lost sight of that because it's used so much (another example: *****). Anytime I hear someone say "omg that's rice", it makes me wanna smack them because it's such a dumb thing to refer to something.

Sorry for the "rice" rant but I just had to say that. I just hate that word is part of our culture and generation of car enthusiasts.

Now to the 2nd part of what you said, no matter what, if he gets a proper sized exhaust system, he WILL gain power even if he doesn't care about it.

tiny, get what you want and enjoy your car...don't worry about what other people think because it's not their car and you're the one who has to drive it everyday. Good luck.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:55 AM

Exclamation

I recall "rice" coming from "rice burner", aka, crotch rocket. Everyone also has to keep in mind that a Corsa Sport on the 2.0L is like 100 times louder than the Corsa Sport on a 2.2L. Well, maybe not 100 times, but a whole lot to say the least. I've heard the sport system on Cobaltcowboy's clip and it sounds great to me without being really loud at all. I'm sure though that a header and a high flow cat 2.5" will up the volume a good bit. But if you want great quality, and just a bit louder than stock, I'd say Corsa touring. If you keep your foot out of it, you'll pick up a little mileage.

Scott
Old 04-01-2006, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by NJHK
What you guys call "rice" is a matter of opinion but I will say it's kind of immature call something "rice". First of all, rice is a food, not a word to describe a part, car or modification. Second of all, rice is a derogative word but people lost sight of that because it's used so much (another example: *****). Anytime I hear someone say "omg that's rice", it makes me wanna smack them because it's such a dumb thing to refer to something.

Sorry for the "rice" rant but I just had to say that. I just hate that word is part of our culture and generation of car enthusiasts.

Now to the 2nd part of what you said, no matter what, if he gets a proper sized exhaust system, he WILL gain power even if he doesn't care about it.

tiny, get what you want and enjoy your car...don't worry about what other people think because it's not their car and you're the one who has to drive it everyday. Good luck.
rice is a term used to describe those that choose to concentrate on looking (or sounding) performance although it would do nothing or little to add, it is not a derogitory comment, it is slang. it is recognized in magazines and articles and is not edited for political correctness. while you may not like the use of the word, the bottom line is that the use of the word is used solely for purpose of the enthusiasts on this site for car tuning and modding.

the use of the word 'rice' or 'ricer' is no longer a word that refers to japanese car enthusiasts which it came. it is a word that is referenced freely in import magazines.

i will personally still continue to refer to cars modified for appearance of performance as ricers and i would encourage others on the site to continue to do the same.

we both live in countries that are open to free speach, when you can create enough influence to convince car magazines, track enthusasts, and japanese enthusiast friends to discontinue use of the term ricer, i will agree with you that it is not acceptable and will discontinue the use of the word.

please do not attempt to restrict our rights and freedoms on this site because you have belief that a word is being used in a derogitory manner.

back on topic...
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...t=exhaust+clip
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/official-exhaust-thread-10668/
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...t=exhaust+clip

as far as size goes:
- for low end possible SLIGHT tq losses and high end gains, 2.5" on a stock engine.
- for low end gains and high end (less) gains 2.25" on stock engine.

mandrel bent tubing is ideal for laminar flow. because of packaging, some manufacturers may be able to give ideal performance at 2.5" versus 2.25" which is another reason for considering to buy a cat-back from a reputable manufacturer versus a custom, in my opinion.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by CivicKiller98
rice is a term used to describe those that choose to concentrate on looking (or sounding) performance although it would do nothing or little to add, it is not a derogitory comment, it is slang. it is recognized in magazines and articles and is not edited for political correctness. while you may not like the use of the word, the bottom line is that the use of the word is used solely for purpose of the enthusiasts on this site for car tuning and modding.

the use of the word 'rice' or 'ricer' is no longer a word that refers to japanese car enthusiasts which it came. it is a word that is referenced freely in import magazines.

i will personally still continue to refer to cars modified for appearance of performance as ricers and i would encourage others on the site to continue to do the same.
I never said that he was trying to put it in a derogative manner, I said that the originality of the word was MEANT in a derogative manner. Just because magazines, articles, forums and whatever recognize it as a "slang" term doesn't mean anything. It's a slang term from a negative originality. Just like someone saying "what's up *****", ***** is now considered as a slang term but it stems from the word ****** which was used in a negative fashion torwards blacks. You can't ignore the original reference of the word.

we both live in countries that are open to free speach, when you can create enough influence to convince car magazines, track enthusasts, and japanese enthusiast friends to discontinue use of the term ricer, i will agree with you that it is not acceptable and will discontinue the use of the word.
I'm not trying to convince anyone but pointing out the truth and history of a word. I'm not trying to take away your "free speech" and you can say what you want and so can I. If I feel like saying something in regards to what the word means and how I feel about it, I have every right to. If magazines choose to continue saying that word than that just continues the ignorance to people like yourself.

Just because it's accepted doesn't mean it's right. Period.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:51 AM

I never said that he was trying to put it in a derogative manner, I said that the originality of the word was MEANT in a derogative manner. Just because magazines, articles, forums and whatever recognize it as a "slang" term doesn't mean anything. It's a slang term from a negative originality. Just like someone saying "what's up *****", ***** is now considered as a slang term but it stems from the word ****** which was used in a negative fashion torwards blacks. You can't ignore the original reference of the word.

I'm not trying to convince anyone but pointing out the truth and history of a word. I'm not trying to take away your "free speech" and you can say what you want and so can I. If I feel like saying something in regards to what the word means and how I feel about it, I have every right to. If magazines choose to continue saying that word than that just continues the ignorance to people like yourself.

Just because it's accepted doesn't mean it's right. Period.
you're entitled to your opinion, we are entitled to ours, its accepted because it is generalized at people who are into modding to look performance rather than actually having it. it evolved from the generalization that japanese did this but now it is used as a word to describe cars of people of all races.

bottom line, its accepted, if it insults you thats tough **** because it doesnt insult us and it is an acceptable term. i am not uttering racial slangs at the japanese, i am referring to someone and their car.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:17 AM

you're entitled to your opinion, we are entitled to ours, its accepted because it is generalized at people who are into modding to look performance rather than actually having it. it evolved from the generalization that japanese did this but now it is used as a word to describe cars of people of all races.

bottom line, its accepted, if it insults you thats tough **** because it doesnt insult us and it is an acceptable term. i am not uttering racial slangs at the japanese, i am referring to someone and their car.
Doesn't insult me, just annoys me because I feel it's ignorant. Say it all you want, just shows what type of people use that word. Even though you might not be calling someone a "*****" doesn't mean you're not insulting their race or atleast trying to. ***** might be an accepted slang term but be a person who isn't black and say it in front of a group of blacks who don't know you and you'll see how they react.

Also, it's accepted in American and Canadian society, I wonder what they would think if you said the same thing in Japan? whatever.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:27 AM

Doesn't insult me, just annoys me because I feel it's ignorant. Say it all you want, just shows what type of people use that word. Even though you might not be calling someone a "*****" doesn't mean you're not insulting their race or atleast trying to. ***** might be an accepted slang term but be a person who isn't black and say it in front of a group of blacks who don't know you and you'll see how they react.

Also, it's accepted in American and Canadian society, I wonder what they would think if you said the same thing in Japan? whatever.
so if it doesnt insult you why do you feel the need to tell how you dont like use of the term? its immature? fine, thats your opinion, start a new thread in the lounge and start that debate up.
its a term, not racial slander, and its bullshit to think someone might be insulted by it when even the japanese use the term and brag that it was created because of them. if ignorant is your view, then i can respect that, but i do not view use of the word 'ricer' as anything even remotely related to the word '*****' or '******'
Old 04-01-2006, 06:02 AM

so if it doesnt insult you why do you feel the need to tell how you dont like use of the term? its immature? fine, thats your opinion, start a new thread in the lounge and start that debate up.
its a term, not racial slander, and its bullshit to think someone might be insulted by it when even the japanese use the term and brag that it was created because of them. if ignorant is your view, then i can respect that, but i do not view use of the word 'ricer' as anything even remotely related to the word '*****' or '******'
Not racial slander? Why do you think the word "rice" came about? The word rice only came up BECAUSE of their race...like you said, it was said to describe Japanesse Automobiles. You think the word rice came from talking about their cars? No. The word rice was only referred to them because they were made by Japanesse and to try and degrade them. Did it work, probably not but regardless if they think it's offensive or not, that's the manner it was used and how it was originally used.

It doesn't insult me because I'm not asian but I do find it ignorant to still say the word and you know where it was routed from and why it was brought about but like you said, it's my opinion. I will agree that it's not on the same level of offensiveness as ***** or ****** but it was still brought about to be offensive according to their race, not their automobiles.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:24 AM

wasn't trying to step on the mans toes. just made a statement and for those that missed it tiny got my point. anyway go loud or go home is what i say. and in a world where you can turn ****** into ***** and get the world using the word in manner that transforms its ignorance into an acceptable joke then you're alright with me. and yeah i'm black and no i don't get offended when whites, hispanics, asians and/or alien lifeforms say the word *****.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:51 AM

wasn't trying to step on the mans toes. just made a statement and for those that missed it tiny got my point. anyway go loud or go home is what i say. and in a world where you can turn ****** into ***** and get the world using the word in manner that transforms its ignorance into an acceptable joke then you're alright with me. and yeah i'm black and no i don't get offended when whites, hispanics, asians and/or alien lifeforms say the word *****.
Alien lifeforms call me ***** all the time lol j/k

I wasn't trying to yell at you or anything but just wanted to express my opinion on that word. I'm new to cobaltss.net and I see alot of "rice this" and "fart exhaust" anu wd it gets kind of annoying the way some people describe cars (in my opinion). You guys can do what you want but just wanted to open your minds as to what you guys are actually saying with it's original meaning.

Sorry guys for the threadjack...wasn't trying to start enemies or anything. All is well

Quick Reply: Which is the best exhaust