Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tiny
if i got exhaust, i would be looking basically based on sound
im not lookin for big power gains, if any at all

i dont want the ricey sound at all, i kinda liked the sound of the corsa

what would you recommend, im hopin for 1st hand experiences primarily
ok back on topic...need to mention that getting an aftermarket exhaust will kill your warrenty, unless it is a GM preformence exhaust. which im looking at for power gain. anf frankly. if theres something that you want for your car, wo cares if it is "RICEY"! you like it, get it! good luck!
Old 04-01-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by artawesome
ok back on topic...need to mention that getting an aftermarket exhaust will kill your warrenty, unless it is a GM preformence exhaust. which im looking at for power gain. anf frankly. if theres something that you want for your car, wo cares if it is "RICEY"! you like it, get it! good luck!
Actually that's not true.

When it comes to warranties, a GM dealer/mechanic has to prove that what you did caused the damage you are coming to them about.

Example: Say your blow your #3 piston and you take your car to the dealership. Now they see you have an upgraded cat-back system and try to say "you have a bigger exhaust your warranty is gone", you tell them to prove it. They have to prove that your exhaust upgrade caused your #3 piston to blow...which honestly, they can't.

Also understand that you have warranty for your whole car but when you touch an area, your warranty is voided but just for that area.

Example: Say I was to put a ported and polished head on and a bigger camshaft grind on my car (which I did). If I was to go to my dealership about an electrical problem, the warranty will cover it because I never touched my electrical system but the warranty for my motor would be voided if I had motor trouble because I modified it.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by artawesome

im def not getting anything ricey
and you will only void your warranty for your exhaust, which isnt a big deal at all
Old 04-04-2006, 11:18 AM

im def not getting anything ricey
and you will only void your warranty for your exhaust, which isnt a big deal at all
i have heard good things from corsa, but its so damn expensive. but the monza/pacesetter is pretty nice too, although a little cheap quality. personally, i have magnaflow on my cav, and dont really like it all too much, i will probably go with corsa.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:20 AM

for reference, i forgot to mention, reference magnusson moss act for what they can void and what they cant. gm tends to somewhat honour this in Canada too, but they arent legally obligated to so they can be dicks at their own discretion.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Roadrunner
i have heard good things from corsa, but its so damn expensive. but the monza/pacesetter is pretty nice too, although a little cheap quality. personally, i have magnaflow on my cav, and dont really like it all too much, i will probably go with corsa.
i have a feeling it is junk, based on the price
but im waiting for a soundclip just in case
Old 04-04-2006, 03:15 PM

i have a feeling it is junk, based on the price
but im waiting for a soundclip just in case
there was a vid posted a little while ago, it sounded alright actually, but it isnt stainless steel, thus the reason its so cheap
Old 04-04-2006, 03:50 PM

dont buy cheap ****, you'll get what you paid for.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roadrunner
there was a vid posted a little while ago, it sounded alright actually, but it isnt stainless steel, thus the reason its so cheap
if you coated it with that 3m rubberized undercoating spray, would it burn off?

Originally Posted by CobaltCowboy
dont buy cheap ****, you'll get what you paid for.
yea i know, i realize it, but i still am kinda curious
Old 04-06-2006, 07:03 AM

you guys talking about full blown exhaust or just a muffler
Old 04-06-2006, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by skitzianist
i was assuming a cat-back
Old 04-07-2006, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by skitzianist
definitely cat back
putting a muffler on stock piping sounds like shiat
Old 04-13-2006, 11:03 AM

i had full cat back on my civic loud as ****, i wish they had the noisiest exhaust contests around here, i def. would've won, it sounded so ricey though... i want exhaust for the cobalt, cuz its loud (for being stock), but im not putting exhaust on an auto, it doesnt sound good
Old 04-14-2006, 09:45 PM

I know i have said this before but I have always been the fullsize chevy/gmc truck guy all my life and widely into muscle cars pre 70's. So here is my question. Has anyone at all heard a FLOWMASTER cat back system on a cobalt? Flowmaster is my favorite exaust along with Borla in a close second. I have always but a full on cat back flow exaust on EVERY vehicle i have owned but they have all been a V8 then 3" exaust with headers with a 3" collector. So I want flowmaster dual exaust for the balt. But if it sounds like garbage i wont do it. I want a deeper sound but the only thing I care about is POWER. If i could get a stock exaust to outperform (Horsey power) any cat back then i would keep it. Just my opionion. I am going for mostly a SLEEPER.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:26 AM

Arrow

^^^^ Yes, there is a thread "New Exhaust", it is a 2.0 with a Flowmaster 40. I am personally thinking about doing this same mod on my 2.2L with the Super 40 b/c of the larger case to make it deeper; not a fan of the Delta Flow as on Super 40's but it will kinda help with the sleeper theme. I also know that on my 2.2L it's gonna still be pretty quiet compared to the 2.0 b/c of the super small cat outlet. Looking forward to replacing that with a 2.5" direct bolt in from Random Technology once they get it done. Header would be nice too!!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Wyoming_Bass
I know i have said this before but I have always been the fullsize chevy/gmc truck guy all my life and widely into muscle cars pre 70's. So here is my question. Has anyone at all heard a FLOWMASTER cat back system on a cobalt? Flowmaster is my favorite exaust along with Borla in a close second. I have always but a full on cat back flow exaust on EVERY vehicle i have owned but they have all been a V8 then 3" exaust with headers with a 3" collector. So I want flowmaster dual exaust for the balt. But if it sounds like garbage i wont do it. I want a deeper sound but the only thing I care about is POWER. If i could get a stock exaust to outperform (Horsey power) any cat back then i would keep it. Just my opionion. I am going for mostly a SLEEPER.
i think flowmasters sound awesome on v8's, but they dont really do the 4 bangers any justice...so far im likeing the magnaflow cat back the best... if your looking for my opinion (although i have a 2.0) the sound quality should be at least similar
Old 04-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's ashame comptech doesn't make an exhaust for the cobalt. it's one of the cleanest and great performing exhausts in the market. just got one for my ride. sounds amazing and looks great.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
it's ashame comptech doesn't make an exhaust for the cobalt. it's one of the cleanest and great performing exhausts in the market. just got one for my ride. sounds amazing and looks great.

What the retail on one of those fart cannon's cost ? LoL man, honestly though, it looks really good. That's prolly one of the best looking exhaust i've seen in a while, hope you enjoy it.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:34 PM

Nice DC...I like comptech....I too wish they made things for the cobalt.....lol......but that will obviously never happen....in fact I'd like anything from HKS or Greddy...Apexi....they all make really nice exhausts that I would spend my money on. They look nice..great quality and fantastic sound. Like the corsa exhaust...sounds alright...nothing fantastic in my opinion.....but I would never spend 750 dollars on one.