Old 08-04-2008, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup..the mount thing on the side of mine broke

sometime i need to get a good one ha
Old 08-04-2008, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Agreed, back on topic.
ur the one who brought it up, and imo china is gunnna have a big change within 20years, old and new generations clash way to much
Old 08-05-2008, 09:29 PM

UMMM, hate to bring this back on topic but I'll post pics of what the "QUALITY" that Injen offers.

Whats good is after contacting them 5 months ago the finally responded to my emails....
Please note the crappy form of I and N.

Just quality I say!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
So did they send you a new one? If not we have one here, I will send you (as long as it was purchased through us), you just pay the shipping.

See this is the kind of service you get when you order from a cobaltss.net vendor...
Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 PM

So did they send you a new one? If not I think we have one here I will send you (as long as it was purchased through us), you just pay the shipping.

See this is the kind of service you get when you order from a cobaltss.net vendor...

Ummmmm,
yes I bought it through you guys and I emailed you guys like 5 months ago about it.
Yall told me to take it up with Injen back then.

I'd just like a better piece and I shouldn't have to pay for it.
It wasn't my fault I got a crappy piece and POOR customer service from 2 different companies. Why should I have to pay more?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:37 PM

thats the same filter i just put on my injen CAI, HUGE difference over the one that comes with the injen. Either that or my car was happy to have a clean filter put on it. who knows
Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 PM

Very very dull bandsaw. Wow I didn't think the quality was this bad of these intakes, but the filter looks decent. What micron do they say it is?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bfalse
Ummmmm,
yes I bought it through you guys and I emailed you guys like 5 months ago about it.
Yall told me to take it up with Injen back then.

I'd just like a better piece and I shouldn't have to pay for it.
It wasn't my fault I got a crappy piece and POOR customer service from 2 different companies. Why should I have to pay more?
You have to relize "we" Turbo Tech Racing do not make these, we sell them, in the SEALED package they come in.

We are just offering, you can take it if you would like. Otherwise harp on Injen it is truely their quality and they should take responsibility. We are helping with what we can, so please understand this.

Injen will not get us this part (only way to get it, is to get it from a complete kit), we are pulling it out of a NEW intake just for you. We will never see one penny from Injen for helping you.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 PM

I've had my injen intake for 2 years now and the lettering looks no where near what that one looks like, mines still mint looking. whatd u do drop it or something? LOL
Old 08-05-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't know on the micron it's not my intake it belongs to a fellow member who shall remain nameless.

*cough*yzrider*cough*

that injen ingraving looks like an honest mistake. the ebay purchased intake i posted on the other hand is pure crap.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 PM

great post OP!

i love my injen, i have had it for over 2 years and not one problem. same filter to. i clean and re-oil it with every oil change.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 PM

my JDM intake didn't look nothing like that. sure i had to file out the maf a little bit but the rest of it looked good to me.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 PM

You have to relize "we" Turbo Tech Racing do not make these, we sell them, in the SEALED package they come in.

We are just offering, you can take it if you would like. Otherwise harp on Injen it is truely their quality and they should take responsibility. We are helping with what we can, so please understand this.

Injen will not get us this part (only way to get it, is to get it from a complete kit), we are pulling it out of a NEW intake just for you. We will never see one penny from Injen for helping you.
That's a true vendor.....shows a lot of respect!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 PM

While I do understand that you, TTR do not make the intakes...
you, TTR chose to sell the product.
As much as you were trumping up Injen earlier in this thread I would think you would stand a lil more by them.

And you guys basically blew me off months ago, why the change of heart now?

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the offer but I was blown off by TTR and then Injen took like 5 months to respond to my emails. I'm not a happy consumer at all atm.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 PM

so when is TTR gonna step up and make us a good quality intake for the 2.2's that has an affordable price.. 3" maybe....
Old 08-05-2008, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Viper33884
That's a true vendor.....shows a lot of respect!!!
Not really, I privately brought this matter up with them like 4/5 months ago and they told me to take it up with Injen. Now that the matter is more public they are offering this.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by bfalse
Not really, I privately brought this matter up with them like 4/5 months ago and they told me to take it up with Injen. Now that the matter is more public they are offering this.
aaron has done nothin but good things for me.. im not sayin that what they did to you wasnt wrong but i asked aaron bout a nitrous kit that they didnt even carry and he got me a way better price than i could find anywhere else and post it up on the site just for me so i could get it through them..
Old 08-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Former Vendor

Sorry we are just offering, we made our attempt to help you. There is no way we can send a new one, and pay for shipping for something we did not manufature. That is like getting a bike and the tire goes flat and expect wall mart to pull one off their shelf and give it to you for free.... Not walmarts fault, it is the manufature.

Sounds like you should be truely mad at Injen, there are 1000's of other companies selling this same intake, I dont think a one would have offered what we just did.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:12 PM

so hows about a TTR 2.2 3" intake???
Old 08-05-2008, 10:12 PM

Sorry we are just offering, we made our attempt to help you. There is no way we can send a new one, and pay for shipping for something we did not manufature. That is like getting a bike and the tire goes flat and expect wall mart to pull one off their shelf and give it to you for free....

Sounds like you should be truely mad at Injen, there are 1000's of other companies selling this same intake, I dont think a one would have offered what we just did.
Oh dont get me wrong, I am mad at Injen.

But thats a really bad analogy,
It's more like if said bike had DEFECTIVE handlebars or pedals or whatever.
Than yea they WOULD replace it.

Most companies, imho, will replace something they sell to you if it is defective.

And you still haven't answered, why the change of heart?
You told me to take it up with Injen when I brought this up privately.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by yellowltcoupe22
so hows about a TTR 2.2 3" intake???
We will be geared up soon for it, as we are working on the new SS/TC intake now. Then a 2.2/2.4 and a 2.0 SC intake system!

aaron has done nothin but good things for me.. im not sayin that what they did to you wasnt wrong but i asked aaron bout a nitrous kit that they didnt even carry and he got me a way better price than i could find anywhere else and post it up on the site just for me so i could get it through them..
Thanks for the props!

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 08-05-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-05-2008, 10:14 PM

Yea I always hear how great TTR is on this forum and how helpful they are to folks so I gotta say I'm a bit shocked.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 PM

good to hear.. that bein said i'll most likely be buyin the one for the ss/tc before you make one for the 2.2. i have full intentions on buy the new ss at the end of this year.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 PM

i'm sorry but the engraving issue does not endanger your engine and out of respect that the intake was packaged and sealed by injen that's a matter that they should have handled. ttr sold you a working intake and they're willing to open up another intake that they will lose profit on to replace a little engraving issue they could not have foreseen and you're still beefing. wow take the **** and run.

Quick Reply: ebay intake quality....or lack there of