2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

ebay intake quality....or lack there of

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by bfalse
Yea I always hear how great TTR is on this forum and how helpful they are to folks so I gotta say I'm a bit shocked.
If it is that bad, and you feel you cant live with it, I think it is worth the $10.00 to ship it.

To be honest the reason why this is being spoken of now, is we saw the pictures, and it was a astetic issue. Being Injen has not spoke up to help, as we ADVISED you to contact them, now WE are stepping up. DID YOU ever contact us a month later and tell us that you did not hear back?

What else is lacking here is you did state Injen replied, what was their reply?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UMMM, hate to bring this back on topic but I'll post pics of what the "QUALITY" that Injen offers.

Whats good is after contacting them 5 months ago the finally responded to my emails....
Please note the crappy form of I and N.

Just quality I say!
Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
So did they send you a new one? If not we have one here, I will send you (as long as it was purchased through us), you just pay the shipping.

See this is the kind of service you get when you order from a cobaltss.net vendor...
Ummmmm,
yes I bought it through you guys and I emailed you guys like 5 months ago about it.
Yall told me to take it up with Injen back then.

I'd just like a better piece and I shouldn't have to pay for it.
It wasn't my fault I got a crappy piece and POOR customer service from 2 different companies. Why should I have to pay more?
You have to relize "we" Turbo Tech Racing do not make these, we sell them, in the SEALED package they come in.

We are just offering, you can take it if you would like. Otherwise harp on Injen it is truely their quality and they should take responsibility. We are helping with what we can, so please understand this.

Injen will not get us this part (only way to get it, is to get it from a complete kit), we are pulling it out of a NEW intake just for you. We will never see one penny from Injen for helping you.
While I do understand that you, TTR do not make the intakes...
you, TTR chose to sell the product.
As much as you were trumping up Injen earlier in this thread I would think you would stand a lil more by them.

And you guys basically blew me off months ago, why the change of heart now?

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the offer but I was blown off by TTR and then Injen took like 5 months to respond to my emails. I'm not a happy consumer at all atm.
Not really, I privately brought this matter up with them like 4/5 months ago and they told me to take it up with Injen. Now that the matter is more public they are offering this.
Originally Posted by yellowltcoupe22
aaron has done nothin but good things for me.. im not sayin that what they did to you wasnt wrong but i asked aaron bout a nitrous kit that they didnt even carry and he got me a way better price than i could find anywhere else and post it up on the site just for me so i could get it through them..
Sorry we are just offering, we made our attempt to help you. There is no way we can send a new one, and pay for shipping for something we did not manufature. That is like getting a bike and the tire goes flat and expect wall mart to pull one off their shelf and give it to you for free.... Not walmarts fault, it is the manufature.

Sounds like you should be truely mad at Injen, there are 1000's of other companies selling this same intake, I dont think a one would have offered what we just did.
I think bfalse is leaving parts out of his story...

From what I've seen TTR has ALWAYS been helpful and immediately made things right. I think bfalse needs to calm down and ask himself why he didn't email injen back when they didn't answer him after a week. Instead he waited 5 months for a reply. If it was me and it concerned me that much I would be sending an email every day to injen I'd even be calling them. instead he chose to sit back and do nothing and then blast TTR out in the open after they offered to help him out. Something the clearly didn't have to do. You're warranty is with injen not with TTR just like your car's warranty is with Chevy not with the dealership you bought it from. If you didn't care enough to follow through with it 5 months ago my only question is why do you care so much now?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Spanky's Monkey
i'm sorry but the engraving issue does not endanger your engine and out of respect that the intake was packaged and sealed by injen that's a matter that they should have handled. ttr sold you a working intake and they're willing to open up another intake that they will lose profit on to replace a little engraving issue they could not have foreseen and you're still beefing. wow take the **** and run.
Agreed, do you still need a license plate holder also? You made a huge post about not getting one in your kit, I now remember this? I think there was around 10 members that stated they would send you one.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:20 PM

We will be geared up soon for it, as we are working on the new SS/TC intake now. Then a 2.2/2.4 and a 2.0 SC intake system!

Thanks for the props!
gotta give credit where credit is due..
Yea I always hear how great TTR is on this forum and how helpful they are to folks so I gotta say I'm a bit shocked.
i get where your comin from man. i would have been mad bout the situation myself and the company i got it from would have been the first person i turned to for the problem but i've gotta say that most all name brand stuff comes with a manufactures warranty and injen should have stepped up to the plate and replaced you intake without questions.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tazmanian_Dvl
I think bfalse is leaving parts out of his story...

From what I've seen TTR has ALWAYS been helpful and immediately made things right. I think bfalse needs to calm down and ask himself why he didn't email injen back when they didn't answer him after a week. Instead he waited 5 months for a reply. If it was me and it concerned me that much I would be sending an email every day to injen I'd even be calling them. instead he chose to sit back and do nothing and then blast TTR out in the open after they offered to help him out. Something the clearly didn't have to do. You're warranty is with injen not with TTR just like your car's warranty is with Chevy not with the dealership you bought it from. If you didn't care enough to follow through with it 5 months ago my only question is why do you care so much now?
Exactly our point, and he did state they (Injen) DID respond after 5 months, but never stated what they said.....
Old 08-05-2008, 10:22 PM

i'm sorry but the engraving issue does not endanger your engine and out of respect that the intake was packaged and sealed by injen that's a matter that they should have handled. ttr sold you a working intake and they're willing to open up another intake that they will lose profit on to replace a little engraving issue they could not have foreseen and you're still beefing. wow take the **** and run.
Well I guess I see things a bit different than you.
Screw it, goin to bed.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:25 PM

Well I guess I see things a bit different than you.
Screw it, goin to bed.
Later
Old 08-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Former Vendor

G'Night, let us know if you change your mind and want a new one.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so you wanted to make ttr look bad cause you never followed through and since there was some bashing going on you thought you'd thump your chest but you forget some key points in the process. now you're going to bed. have a good night buddy and yeah injen is still great and ttr is even greater and you get the almighty, FAIL!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:28 PM

He's still not telling us what injen said when they got back to him. completely skipped over that part. I mean really if it was soooooo important why did you wait 5 months for injen to respond? It's your fault for not caring enough to follow up with an issue...

next time try this....

Old 08-05-2008, 10:34 PM

If it is that bad, and you feel you cant live with it, I think it is worth the $10.00 to ship it.

To be honest the reason why this is being spoken of now, is we saw the pictures, and it was a astetic issue. Being Injen has not spoke up to help, as we ADVISED you to contact them, now WE are stepping up. DID YOU ever contact us a month later and tell us that you did not hear back?

What else is lacking here is you did state Injen replied, what was their reply?
Injen wants me to send back the intake at my cost . Not gonna happen just for the hastle of hooking up the stock intake. I however still have emails with them.

The only reason I've posted the pics in the first place is because of people talking about Injens quality (we do remember the original thread topic?) I've had a different experience with them than most maybe.

And it seems I've had a different experience than most with TTR. I'm not saying yall are a bad company or anything like that, but the one transaction I've had with yall has not been the best.

I honestly may take you up on the offer to replace it as much as I dont think I should pay for shipping. The whole experience though is really not great customer service.

TAZ and Spankys
Why are yall bringin **** to me?
I haven't been rude or disrespectful to either of you or anyone for that matter.
Now yall wanna pop into this thread and start ****. Seriously grow the hell up.

Oh and yes spanky my whole idea was to make TTR look bad. WHAT???
This thread is about Ebay intakes lack of quality and I posted pics of a poorly cast Injen intake.
TTR responded to that, how have I once tried to make them look bad?

Last edited by bfalse; 08-05-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Former Vendor

Injen wants me to send back the intake at my cost . Not gonna happen just for the hastle of hooking up the stock intake. I however still have emails with them.

The only reason I've posted the pics in the first place is because of people talking about Injens quality (we do remember the original thread topic?) I've had a different experience with them than most maybe.

And it seems I've had a different experience than most with TTR. I'm not saying yall are a bad company or anything like that, but the one transaction I've had with yall has not been the best.

I honestly may take you up on the offer to replace it as much as I dont think I should pay for shipping. The whole experience though is really not great customer service.
Last Post we will make in reply to this topic.

FALSE INFO:

1. You contact US, we stated Injen needs to take care of warranty and to email them. (Injen tells us to operate and to have customers with issues email them, they make the rules, so we did just that)
2. You failed to follow up with us, that INJEN did not get back with you after a few weeks. (yes weeks, as it does take them sometimes a bit longer to respond)
3. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO MAGICALLY KNOW YOU DIDNT GET IT RESOLVED????

pop in? i started the damn thread. did you actually read the first post.

the fact that anyone is willing to do something for you after 5-6 months speaks volumes for the kind of people you are dealing with...bfalse get off your high horse!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:36 PM

and i had a beef after you started in with this half-cocked story of how ttr screwed you over.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 PM

And where did I say TTR screwed me over spanky?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 PM

and i had a beef after you started in with this half-cocked story of how ttr screwed you over.
I think most of us had the same beef. I've personally never bought anything off him but I've seen him on here and he's always been a stand up guy and worked with his clients.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 PM

i thought you were going to bed dude?

Yall honestly just seem like some fanboys or something.
I've said the same thing taz, the things I've seen on here with TTR have seemed to be upstanding.
I've had a different experience for some reason and yall think I'm bashing TTR for some reason.

And where did I say TTR screwed me over spanky?
basically you are trying to say they told you to **** off and deal with injen however you never cared enough to contact them and let them know injen was blowing you off...
Old 08-05-2008, 10:44 PM

can we get back on topic? anyone?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:45 PM

OK OK eBay intakes are pieces of ****! I would never buy one I don't care how broke I was...

Sure, I was on topic in the first place.
How about the crappy Injen quality?
Certainly shows that just because it an Injen or an AEM or whatever major brand that they can have problems to.

Edit
And the personal attacks are really unnecesary

i am a fan of ttr after they've invested in our car and community. i think that's a good reason to be a fan of one the sites best vendors.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:47 PM

we understand and we are well aware that even the best companies let you down sometimes.

*cough*Chevy*cough*

Quick Reply: ebay intake quality....or lack there of