2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

EFILive tuning poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hey nova...i think we should help each other out here....cause apparently, we're both supercharging our 2.2 automatics, and should thusly run into the exact same problem. My s/c stuff arrives tomorrow
Old 09-20-2007, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you plan on doing about the transmission
Old 09-20-2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Smitty1017
What do you plan on doing about the transmission
Nothing as of right now. the 4t45e is plenty capable of holding more power than the m62 could provide... or my engine stock could hold. Just the clutch packs are going to wear alittle prematurely.

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
hey nova...i think we should help each other out here....cause apparently, we're both supercharging our 2.2 automatics, and should thusly run into the exact same problem. My s/c stuff arrives tomorrow
My build is going to take awhile. I just bought a house and started a new job about a month ago. Still kinda getting settled in but when I get extra money it goes into my car. I have a few things, but I still need alot more.

I'm going to get the s/c all setup and see where our tuning stands from there. If we still don't have proper tuning available then I'm probably going to swap to a m/t. Already priced everything out at a local junkyard for about $600. Figure another $300 or so for an upgraded clutch. Personally I'd rather build it with the auto... but without tuning it's just not feasible.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Novajoe
Nothing as of right now. the 4t45e is plenty capable of holding more power than the m62 could provide... or my engine stock could hold. Just the clutch packs are going to wear alittle prematurely.

My build is going to take awhile. I just bought a house and started a new job about a month ago. Still kinda getting settled in but when I get extra money it goes into my car. I have a few things, but I still need alot more.

I'm going to get the s/c all setup and see where our tuning stands from there. If we still don't have proper tuning available then I'm probably going to swap to a m/t. Already priced everything out at a local junkyard for about $600. Figure another $300 or so for an upgraded clutch. Personally I'd rather build it with the auto... but without tuning it's just not feasible.
at this point, i think im good with my B&M shift plus firming up the shifts to prevent clutch slip...its definitely not a solution, but its a band-aid until its fixed. I'm just gonna have some extra wear on the clutch packs....or i could just shift before peak power.... also, HPT has tuning for our TCM, just not anything else...ima see if i can tune it that way....this is what halfcent was telling me months back

and as for tuning the engine, im going with an AEM F/IC
Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
at this point, i think im good with my B&M shift plus firming up the shifts to prevent clutch slip...its definitely not a solution, but its a band-aid until its fixed. I'm just gonna have some extra wear on the clutch packs....or i could just shift before peak power.... also, HPT has tuning for our TCM, just not anything else...ima see if i can tune it that way....this is what halfcent was telling me months back

and as for tuning the engine, im going with an AEM F/IC
hpt has tuning for our TCM??? when did this happen? link?

If that doesn't work and we never get tuning for our tranny's I'm just gonna pull a yellowshowbalt and see how much I can throw at it before it just gives out. Then I'm just gonna swap to m/t
Old 09-21-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Novajoe
hpt has tuning for our TCM??? when did this happen? link?

If that doesn't work and we never get tuning for our tranny's I'm just gonna pull a yellowshowbalt and see how much I can throw at it before it just gives out. Then I'm just gonna swap to m/t
I think if your smart with your driving you could make it last awhile. A tranny cooler is a hell of a lot cheaper then a new clutch. Also why not try the Shift Plus? And yes HPT has had cracked the TCM awhile ago, when the 2.4 tuning came out.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
I think if your smart with your driving you could make it last awhile. A tranny cooler is a hell of a lot cheaper then a new clutch. Also why not try the Shift Plus? And yes HPT has had cracked the TCM awhile ago, when the 2.4 tuning came out.
do you have a link to the software?

A tranny cooler is a MUST. Pushing the kind of power I'm looking to go for might be ok for the tranny to handle as far as stress, but the heat will take it's own toll without it. I don't feel like cracking the bellhousing and fusing clutches.

looked around on the site. Couldn't find anything for the 2.2. Would I have to buy the 2.4 software to use it? has ANYONE tried it yet?