Old 05-05-2006, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadrunner
hmm...im sure someone will post it now that its been mentioned

I found it. Good thread.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
Pacesetter exhaust in PA? hope you don't drive that car in the snow.

Well what is any better than the exhaust thats on the car now, that isn't stainless steel. So are you trying to tell me the stock exhaust is better than the pacesetter?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:15 AM

If you got the cash the Corsa exhaust would be on top of the list. Then it would be followed by borla, magnaflow, Gmpp, Dc, stock, then pacesetter.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Chevypowered
If you got the cash the Corsa exhaust would be on top of the list. Then it would be followed by borla, magnaflow, Gmpp, Dc, stock, then pacesetter.

Ok you have me convinced. Reading on the sport and touring for corsa's cat-backs ... what is the difference.. price is the same? at gavanatuning (mispelling?)
Old 05-05-2006, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by wbrault
Ok you have me convinced. Reading on the sport and touring for corsa's cat-backs ... what is the difference.. price is the same? at gavanatuning (mispelling?)
I believe the difference is in the sound levels of the exhaust. The touring wouldn't be quite as loud as the sport probably due to a larger resonator...can't find anything to verify this though. I looked all over Corsa's site as well as some vendors and I can't seem to find anything about the sound levels but I'm assuming this is really the only difference. As a general rule it seems the "sport" exhausts are louder than the "tourings" (this is also the case with the GMPP).
Old 05-05-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Permafried-
I believe the difference is in the sound levels of the exhaust. The touring wouldn't be quite as loud as the sport probably due to a larger resonator...can't find anything to verify this though. I looked all over Corsa's site as well as some vendors and I can't seem to find anything about the sound levels but I'm assuming this is really the only difference. As a general rule it seems the "sport" exhausts are louder than the "tourings" (this is also the case with the GMPP).
Ok good answer if its right, Im not really looking for loud. So.. you guys have me conviced, I am going to go with the corsa touring exhaust and the same intake I mentioned before. Didn't hear any negatives on the intake so thats a plus.

Wish me luck
Old 05-05-2006, 10:05 AM

Ok good answer if its right, Im not really looking for loud. So.. you guys have me conviced, I am going to go with the corsa touring exhaust and the same intake I mentioned before. Didn't hear any negatives on the intake so thats a plus.

Wish me luck
Maybe to be 100% sure call the vendor you're looking to order from and see if they can verify that...I'd hate to go on purely gutt instinct and have you end up with a cannon on the back of your car . I'm 90% positive on it but better safe than sorry!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:11 AM

Maybe to be 100% sure call the vendor you're looking to order from and see if they can verify that...I'd hate to go on purely gutt instinct and have you end up with a cannon on the back of your car . I'm 90% positive on it but better safe than sorry!

haha yea i dont want no cannon, that **** makes me sick
Old 05-05-2006, 10:28 AM

Alrite, I found this on http://www.cobalt-addiction.com/performance.htm...hopefully Donna doesn't mind me copying/pasting this in...gave the site a plug see ^^ :

"Corsa Sport system have a more aggressive exhaust note/tone than the Corsa Touring systems. The Touring systems are a little deeper in sound, while the Sport systems are slightly more "crisp" or "throaty" sounding."
Old 05-05-2006, 10:38 AM

Alrite, I found this on http://www.cobalt-addiction.com/performance.htm...hopefully Donna doesn't mind me copying/pasting this in...gave the site a plug see ^^ :

"Corsa Sport system have a more aggressive exhaust note/tone than the Corsa Touring systems. The Touring systems are a little deeper in sound, while the Sport systems are slightly more "crisp" or "throaty" sounding."

nice, thanks alot! Sorry for all the 'newbie' questions, but that is one of many things that makes this site great.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:43 AM

nice, thanks alot! Sorry for all the 'newbie' questions, but that is one of many things that makes this site great.
Not a problem....good luck and let us know how it goes !
Old 05-05-2006, 11:52 AM

Well I placed my order for the corsa touring exhaust and the AEM Cold Air Intake.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:03 PM

Awesome...who did you end up ordering it from?
Old 05-05-2006, 12:06 PM

Awesome...who did you end up ordering it from?
I went with turbo tech racing. They were a little more expensive on the exhaust but they had free shipping... the intake was cheaper to. Plus he has been answering my PM's so what the hell. They got the rewards thing going on to, so.. should help out if I go further than this.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:58 PM

Well what is any better than the exhaust thats on the car now, that isn't stainless steel. So are you trying to tell me the stock exhaust is better than the pacesetter?
well its all about longevity...how long will the exhaust last before it starts to rust out, which the Pacesetter is known for.

your stock exhaust is just as prone to the same issues so one is not really better than the other quality wise.

I see you've already made your choice, you went with the most expensive exhaust you could find...not bad
Old 05-05-2006, 05:54 PM

well its all about longevity...how long will the exhaust last before it starts to rust out, which the Pacesetter is known for.

your stock exhaust is just as prone to the same issues so one is not really better than the other quality wise.

I see you've already made your choice, you went with the most expensive exhaust you could find...not bad
Ya I was going to recommend the Magnaflow but hell go big or go home right .
Old 05-05-2006, 10:23 PM

haha doesnt make sense does it? i start off with the cheapest, and get the most expensive ah well, you will have that.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:09 PM

Well I placed my order for the corsa touring exhaust and the AEM Cold Air Intake.

Good to hear that, glad you went with the quality part and not the cheapest, you will not regret it. My GTO is the second car i have had a corsa on, the SS/SC my first and if get another car i will be going back to corsa for some more.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:27 AM

Wow .. intake shipped on saturday, with an estimate delivery day of the 10th. It is now monday and

May 8, 2006 9:21 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
BETHLEHEM, PA

Hope it doesn't sit on there for 2 days

exhaust didnt ship yet tho
Old 05-08-2006, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Roadrunner
www.gravana.com
has pretty much all of em, so u know whats available. pricecheck around though, theres usually a deal to be made.
this is the second time i have had to do this:

www.gravanatuning.com
Old 05-08-2006, 11:12 AM

turbotech and gravana are usually pretty close in price too
Old 05-08-2006, 11:37 AM

What's shipping like to canada with both companies?

I have had some issues with ordering things from the States to Canada with shipping charges and don't want to get screwed over again. I was once charged a $35 COD for a 40 dollar laptop battery once from UPS.

If anyone from Canada has purchased stuff from either sites could you let me know what shipping was like? In a pm if you want even. THANKS!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by berndogz
What's shipping like to canada with both companies?

I have had some issues with ordering things from the States to Canada with shipping charges and don't want to get screwed over again. I was once charged a $35 COD for a 40 dollar laptop battery once from UPS.

If anyone from Canada has purchased stuff from either sites could you let me know what shipping was like? In a pm if you want even. THANKS!
Its best to go to the states and get it if you can, the duty on car parts is a bitch too. see if you can find an auto parts place somewhere locally, they usually get it for cheaper because they can order so many. if its a part thats relatively easy to install, i would just make a day trip and install it in a parking lot or something.

the shipping for both to Canada isnt a huge difference but we get raped by the Canadian government (as usual) with duty.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by CivicKiller98
Its best to go to the states and get it if you can, the duty on car parts is a bitch too. see if you can find an auto parts place somewhere locally, they usually get it for cheaper because they can order so many. if its a part thats relatively easy to install, i would just make a day trip and install it in a parking lot or something.

the shipping for both to Canada isnt a huge difference but we get raped by the Canadian government (as usual) with duty.
Yea that's what I thought.

I'm looking into getting an injen intake. I will see if the parts places here have any good ones for a reasonable price. If it's going to cost more for the part here but no COD or shipping charge then great. I figure if shipping is 40 bucks and COD would be around 40 as well I might get one here if it saves me the hastle. I just hate dealing with shipping issues.

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:00 PM

The last quotes I got for intakes last summer in the London area I found it was cheaper for me to pick them up here rather than paying the difference on the dollar, duty and shipping. Shop around a bit before you make any decisions...some performance shops practically give the parts away !

Quick Reply: Exhaust question