2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

FF22's 2.2 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FF22's 2.2 build thread

Nothing too crazy here, a pile of bolt-ons (one internal) I've been accumulating for the last 2 years for my 2.2, and then getting a bunch of tuning from a local company called Revtronix, or I may drive down to washinton to get tuned by trifecta, but we'll see. Since having a mortgage, I've been cash-poor, so it's been a stuggle to make my ecotec faster..anyhow my list:

-2.4L intake manifold kit (Thanks Sentry!)
-Level Zero motorsports tri-flow camshafts
-4-2-1 Tsudo stainless header and downpipe
-custom 2.5" exhaust system
-Ported eco throttle body (62mm)
-Level Zero motorsports balanceshaft delete kit (haven't ordered this, but will be in next week after finding out it can be installed without removing engine)
-SS/SC cobalt injectors

Mods already installed - WAI, upper/lower motor mounts, lots of suspension/handling mods

So, I'll be posting updates here in the next few weeks, and I WILL be getting dyno's done after it's all installed..I wanted to get a baseline done but couldnt justify the expense when I already know how much power a stock ecotec engine makes.

So, any comments or suggestions?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:26 AM

Good luck! I don't know anything about sunfires, so you got tuning worked out for sure? Never heard of what ecm they use, or who supports them, etc. Trifecta may be the only way, but they're great for the money even if you have other means.

Did you get that manifold fixed? I know last I heard that vacuum nipple had broken off in transit to Canada. Hope all goes smoothly, you car will feel like a whole new beast.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 AM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
they can use hpt, he has no need for trifecta if he can find a good tuner locally
Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by FF22
Nothing too crazy here, a pile of bolt-ons (one internal) I've been accumulating for the last 2 years for my 2.2, and then getting a bunch of tuning from a local company called Revtronix, or I may drive down to washinton to get tuned by trifecta, but we'll see. Since having a mortgage, I've been cash-poor, so it's been a stuggle to make my ecotec faster..anyhow my list:

-2.4L intake manifold kit (Thanks Sentry!)
-Level Zero motorsports tri-flow camshafts
-4-2-1 Tsudo stainless header and downpipe
-custom 2.5" exhaust system
-Ported eco throttle body (62mm)
-Level Zero motorsports balanceshaft delete kit (haven't ordered this, but will be in next week after finding out it can be installed without removing engine)
-SS/SC cobalt injectors

Mods already installed - WAI, upper/lower motor mounts, lots of suspension/handling mods

So, I'll be posting updates here in the next few weeks, and I WILL be getting dyno's done after it's all installed..I wanted to get a baseline done but couldnt justify the expense when I already know how much power a stock ecotec engine makes.

So, any comments or suggestions?
-MRZ Lightweight Crank and Alternator Pulley

That way you'll get into the higher rpm's quicker and that's where your camshafts will be making the most power. My 2cents

Where are you going to dyno at?
Racing Greed?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 PM

He wants to do the Balance Shaft Delet kit which will do more than MRZ Pulleys.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fastone
He wants to do the Balance Shaft Delet kit which will do more than MRZ Pulleys.
The pullies I'm not sure about as I've seen firsthand the longevity issues with anodized aluminum crank pullies... I might use one with a hardened metal sleeve to prevent crankseal damage. Also I'm not sure about lightened crank pullies being used with a balanceshaft-less engine, doesn't seem like a good idea after that discussion we had, Jason.

Originally Posted by Sentry
Good luck! I don't know anything about sunfires
Pretty much the same 2.2L eco engine/ECU that's in the cobalts, bit less power due to crappier stock tune and different air sensor, and other minor differences like no drive by wire, etc.

Last edited by FF22; 02-27-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ive ran my mrz udp for a good while now, no issues i have atleast 10k on it, no crank seal damage no anything out of the ordinary