2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Finally!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Finally!!!!!!

right now in the process of ordering the supercharger kit for my 2.2 they told me that since im ordering it from gm it is not going to void da warranty. so check it out. i dont know if it comes with the pulley kit or anything else so does anybody know anything bout the kit for the 2.2s. apreciate the help guys........
Old 09-11-2007, 03:32 PM

There is no 2.2 kit that will work on our cars. That supercharger kit is made for the Cavy/Sunfire. Its not a Drive by wire setup. Completely different style throttle body and you will not be able to tune using the reflash it comes with. Your going to need to use a piggyback for the time being. DO NOT ORDER THAT KIT. Please, do some searching around, this topic has been covered 500 times already. We dont want you wasting your money on something thats not going to work on your car.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:35 PM

yeah they told me about the reflash at my work. so since i work at a chevy place they said they will take care of all the codes and everything else since they are putting it on for me.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:40 PM

The reflash will not work man. 2 completely different ECM's. That car is ran off a computer completely different then the ones in the 05-06 AND 07 cobalt 2.2's. There is no way they are going to be able to use that flash on your car. Im telling you that the mechanic and electronic aspects of that kit WILL NOT work on our cars. Please trust me on this.... I just dont want you to waste your money.

If you want to supercharge your car your going to need to buy parts from a 05-07 SS/SC, meaning the intake manifold, supercharger and heat exchanger setup, and put that on the car. Then you will need to get either the AEM FIC or a SMT6/7 piggyback system to tune for it. Its not as easy as bolt it on and reflash.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
There is no 2.2 kit that will work on our cars.

http://tunersource.gmblogs.com/Acces...-supercharger/

According to local GM dealer this kit comes with full tuning etc to fit even my 07 Balt. It has been put on a HHR that was ordered just one month ago by this particular dealer which did the install and tuning.

The instructions are even on the tuner blog as far as the install.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:50 PM

and the "Awwww $#!% I waisted my money!" thread in 3....2....1....

I work at a dealer and I don't even trust the parts dept to tell me what does and doesn't work on my car.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by ddrfreak
yeah they told me about the reflash at my work. so since i work at a chevy place they said they will take care of all the codes and everything else since they are putting it on for me.
Are they going to make their own flash for your car? You can't use the one provided with the kit. The kit you're getting is made for a cable tb while you have a drive-by-wire setup. Technically it shouldn't work.

However a certified chevy dealership should have the means to make the changes to be able to run the kit with their own software. What I would do is make sure they actually know what is involved in making that kit work on your car and that they don't think that it'll just work because it's a 2.2 kit.

Technically they're not allowed to install this kit on your car. It's not made for your car and if something happens then you can hold them responsible(even though you work at "a chevy place") so I don't see many service managers going along with it if they know what's up.

Even if they do get permission to bootleg this kit onto your car... I don't see how you could keep your warranty over it. Either you're going to get screwed in the deal from their lack of knowledge or one of them is going to get fired over it if it doesn't work right.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh boy. this thread is gonna get messy

get in there and get a refund before it goes any further.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Old Man

According to local GM dealer this kit comes with full tuning etc to fit even my 07 Balt. It has been put on a HHR that was ordered just one month ago by this particular dealer which did the install and tuning.

whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about. You could probably get that kit to fit on your car by swapping out for a cable tb, but even then the provided tuning wouldn't work. You would have to buy a separate piggyback or reflash.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

hmmm.................................. this might come as a shock.. but its not going to work... you have taken for a ride
Old 09-11-2007, 04:03 PM

Yes, i know that kit is there. But its made for the Cavy/Sunfire. It will not work. DO NOT listen to your dealer. They think because its made for a 2.2 ecotec engine it will work with our cars, but it will not... we have different computers. it will not work.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:06 PM

you got ripped off, wont work, go turbo.....
Old 09-11-2007, 04:06 PM

HERE...

amongst the bullshit...

The GMPP S/C kit for the Cavi/Sunflower will not work on the 2.2 Cobalt completely different ECU's, and throttle body setups!

Get your money back ASAP, because it isnt' going to work and for the dealer to make it work would in turn VOID your warranty!

/thread
Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 PM

Here we go again. I ran into an LS driver at a local gas station who said once his GM SC kit comes in he'll be looking for me. He also told me he could hang within a car of the SC as it is ... I just laughed and told him to come to this site and learn something about what he is driving. This is very typcial of GM parts trying to make an extra buck. "Dont worry, we'll delete those codes...." LMAO...

I kind of feel bad for you bro being fed all this bs and getting your hopes up.
Do what the above posters are saying and go turbo.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 PM

Yes go with a turbo kit.... much more better!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:17 PM

Well I see what you all are saying, but on the other hand I saw first hand the HHR that had it installed upon.
It was taken off their lot just a week or so after I purchased my Balt, installed the SC kit to that particular HHR, he was very happy and it was in writing covered by the full factory warranty, which I was also offered and I went for a ride in it.

Seeing it first hand, seeing the paperwork first hand beats seeing it posted otherwise hands down.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM

Well I see what you all are saying, but on the other hand I saw first hand the HHR that had it installed upon.
It was taken off their lot just a week or so after I purchased my Balt, installed the SC kit to that particular HHR, he was very happy and it was in writing covered by the full factory warranty, which I was also offered and I went for a ride in it.

Seeing it first hand, seeing the paperwork first hand beats seeing it posted otherwise hands down.
that's cool if your dealer is willing to do those kinds of things. Must have some pretty respectable techs working there if they're willing to put the potential drama on the line.

where's the dealer located that you're talking about?

Also what year was the hhr?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM

its not gonna work, and btw who is old man, probably works at the stealership.
He doesnt have enough green boxes for me to believe him
Old 09-11-2007, 04:24 PM

Billy+Joel/we+didnt+start+the+fire

Chorus
We didnt start the fire
It was always burning
Since the worlds been turning
We didnt start the fire
No we didnt light it
But we tried to fight it...
Old 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by kjn24
its not gonna work, and btw who is old man, probably works at the stealership.
He doesnt have enough green boxes for me to believe him

Sorry, dont work for a dealership, I'm a Millwright by trade.

Green are to mean what, some other fools have given you the go ahead.

When I bought my first wind up car, this Balt I wasn't going to pay the outrageous amount they wanted for their SC car. They told me tuning was going to be available for a SC kit very shortly if I would be interested in it. They called me over a month later after purchase, said it was, went and saw what I saw etc.

I've been building cars well before most of you have been born, I know what I saw and if you dont want to believe something made it out before press releases and or your own personal beliefs, so be it!!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Sorry, dont work for a dealership, I'm a Millwright by trade.

Green are to mean what, some other fools have given you the go ahead.

When I bought my first wind up car, this Balt I wasn't going to pay the outrageous amount they wanted for their SC car. They told me tuning was going to be available for a SC kit very shortly if I would be interested in it. They called me over a month later after purchase, said it was, went and saw what I saw etc.

I've been building cars well before most of you have been born, I know what I saw and if you dont want to believe something made it out before press releases and or your own personal beliefs, so be it!!
regardless of who believes you or doesn't... what dealership is doing this? I'm interested. And what year was the hhr?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Novajoe
regardless of who believes you or doesn't... what dealership is doing this? I'm interested. And what year was the hhr?

Barnard Chevrolet, the HHR was a 07!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:39 PM

dont want turbo cause it automatically voids warranty which is a bad thing cause got my seats, headliner, door panels, trim pieces, trunk trimming and other stuff free with my warranty. since i still havent paid for the supercharger its cool. i was just in the process of trying to order it and see if it would work. thats why i needed the info before i did something stupid.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:42 PM

Barnard Chevrolet, the HHR was a 07!
is it in ny? do you have their #?
Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the cavalier kit were that easy to just install on the cobalt, dont you think people would have done it from the get-go, considering its been available since 2003?

edit:

Old Man: So the dealer told you GM released an update for the kit?

Quick Reply: Finally!!!!!!