2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

finshed 2.2 super charged @ 10 psi

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
cobalt_suparcharged needs some poon, yellowshowbalt's motor is gonna blow, but hasn't yet, and the guy with the blown cavalier wants to stick it in showbalt's POOPAR!
thats preaty much what I got out of it lol
Old 04-09-2007, 07:37 AM

I wish either halfcent would offer mor info then just these short statements that are calling us out or saying we are wrong, we could use the suggestions....

also Phlatcav we talked to you on 502 boards, i think i have your number somewhere you said you live out near fern creek, this project is REALLY close to there. you should come out and check it out. what are you doing today?

and the front mount intercooler hes talking about is a c6 vette air to water unit.

did everyone like the vids? what else would you like to see?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Matts95TSiAWD
the install of smt7 & tune on film...
Old 04-09-2007, 11:07 AM

I wish either halfcent would offer mor info then just these short statements that are calling us out or saying we are wrong, we could use the suggestions....

also Phlatcav we talked to you on 502 boards, i think i have your number somewhere you said you live out near fern creek, this project is REALLY close to there. you should come out and check it out. what are you doing today?

and the front mount intercooler hes talking about is a c6 vette air to water unit.

gimmie a time thats before 3pm and an addy
Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by phlatcav

you have PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
the install of smt7 & tune on film...
sounds like a plan, i think it might be more like steps and pics, i dont know if we want to tape our cursing beer drinking install cutting wires and out fingers and everything else LOL

Last edited by Matts95TSiAWD; 04-09-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-09-2007, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phlatcav
Nice Cavi

Good luck with the project guys, hopefully you get everything running good.....
Old 04-09-2007, 03:56 PM

Ok i have seen this setup with my own eyes and so far everything looks very sound. After some tunning it should be even more of a beast. But in my eyes its all proof of concept.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:57 PM

hey Matt, what kinda number was ur talon makeing ?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 91 5.0 GT
hey Matt, what kinda number was ur talon makeing ?

haha you make your very first post about me?

i didnt dyno it.

-MATT
Old 04-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

hey yellowshobalt, do u know any ss/sc guys in the area willing to race? i wanna some that. if it isnt to much trouble of course

and that "extra engine" is that from the extra restoring cobalt in the garage? and what are u planning on doing with that cobalt? are u like using the one u got right now as ur tester and then the next one the good one with all the tweaks worked out?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:35 PM

thats the idea. but the other is not for sale. and i have a 3rd engine thats allmost built
Old 04-09-2007, 07:59 PM

yellowshowbalt hey wat parts did use to put the supercharger on your car besides the s/c itself ?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:44 PM

nice
Old 04-09-2007, 09:32 PM

looks good!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:20 PM

i dont know how to load the pic but you can find every thing i put on under my gallery
Old 04-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Banned

hey yellowshowbalt, off topic a sec what size rims are those??
Old 04-10-2007, 12:04 AM

wich ones the black with chrome lip was 18s and the factory aluminum are 16s
Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Banned

ya those are 18's? damn i think i may go 18's now. i am torn on 17's or 18's hard choice really
Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 AM

i went with 18s becouse i still wanted a good performance tire thats eazyer to find.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay, I'm willing to be as helpful as I can be. But this is a web board, and there is only so much you can do with typing.

I have so far:

1. Pointed out that you can expect your stock ECM to be able to safely operate your setup. You shouldn't allow yourself to think it will "figure it out". You should get your fuel control done and stop driving the car before you break it. I thought that was pretty helpful and important.

2. Showed how you had your the vaccuum solenoid connected to the wrong place. You need to move it to the manifold.

3. Described how your MAP sensor has been placed in a location that isn't reading MAP.

4. Discussed that you have put in bigger injectors without changing what is controlling them.

5. Wondered what the actual DTC is that is setting of your CEL so we can understand how to proceed, but you haven't scanned it to tell us.

6. Described what the G85 package actually is, and then told you how to determine what trans you actually have.

Aside from all of that, here is my basic and honest feeling about what you are doing. I have nothing to hide.

It is reckless and poorly (if at all) planned. While it is interesting to see somebody try what you have done, it is obvious to anyone that knows a little bit about engines that you are just charging forward without thinking. I hate to see that, because it means you are going to destroy something, and that is going to be very expensive to you. Good tuners plan every aspect of their projects before they turn a single bolt. You are installing sensors in places that make them useless.

I am not, and have not so far been insulting you. Yet you have made several aggressive and defensive posts about what you are doing. That means you are not interested in hearing peoples warnings. You are only interested in hearing from people that urge you forward. That can only result in failure.

Good tuners fail. I've blown an engine. But they anticipate and plan for it. You are just "waiting to see" what breaks.

The biggest reason I don't like this is because of what it might inspire the young, new tuner to try and do to their perfectly good car. This whole thread is an example of what NOT to do, and I hope people realize that from reading it. Another reason is people with attitudes that do know the problems with this setup are going to flame the hell out of you, and I just love having to deal with that crap.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM

Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 PM

Imma have to agree with all the above except for the vacuum and map part. I can give an explanation if you want, but I doubt anyone will agree.

The part about doing it recklessly and waiting for something to break is definetly the wrong approach and I agree, people who follow his footsteps are probably going to be in for a big surprise. You got extremely lucky that the car is doing what it is. The issue of the electronic throttle actually somewhat passing DTCs is the part that amazes me. Now as far as doing research and planning, I admit it was done poorly, but thats part of pioneering something like this. How much info is actually out there that you could plan on using?

I guess I'm agreeing with everyone, the members here in saying this was done wrecklessly, but also with the OP in saying he didn't have much available info to base on, and went the method of trying and failing until something worked.

Good luck, get an SMT6/7, and get to a local track.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 PM

Get dynoed, I know we are all curious as to how much HP youre actually putting down.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Witt
Imma have to agree with all the above except for the vacuum and map part. I can give an explanation if you want, but I doubt anyone will agree.

The part about doing it recklessly and waiting for something to break is definetly the wrong approach and I agree, people who follow his footsteps are probably going to be in for a big surprise. You got extremely lucky that the car is doing what it is. The issue of the electronic throttle actually somewhat passing DTCs is the part that amazes me. Now as far as doing research and planning, I admit it was done poorly, but thats part of pioneering something like this. How much info is actually out there that you could plan on using?
he has a large selection of j-body owners with the same blower on their 2.2 that could offer help as far as proper installation goes.

the only thing he would be on his own with is tuning and he hasn't even taken those steps yet...

wouldn't mind seeing it actually get up and running...sounds like a good budget setup.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
he has a large selection of j-body owners with the same blower on their 2.2 that could offer help as far as proper installation goes.

the only thing he would be on his own with is tuning and he hasn't even taken those steps yet...

wouldn't mind seeing it actually get up and running...sounds like a good budget setup.
As similar of a setup as this sounds to a 2.2 eco J, imo it couldn't be more different.

J's don't have MAF sensors, their MAP is never used for fueling, the entire fueling map is an Alpha-N setup. Add the fact that their throttles are cable driven as well.

Edit: reading your post again, I'm guessing you mean physically fitting it on there. What I meant as far as info being out there, I meant as far as actually getting the car to run somewhat properly.

Quick Reply: finshed 2.2 super charged @ 10 psi