2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

finshed 2.2 super charged @ 10 psi

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowshowbalt
You have never used a wideband before....

YES WHEN IT JUMPS TO 20 THATS OFF THROTTLE

im beginning to think that most of you N/A 2.2 guys know NOTHING>>>>>><<<

btw this is Matts95tsiawd.... im a DSMer talking on yellows name.

if you have not tried this then dont talk **** about sensors and stuff unless your trying to help, not be a dickwipe.
I'm technically also a DSMer since I own a Eclipse now...

But anyways, just cause you own a car doesn't mean you know **** about every car.

Tell your buddy he's using 2.5 Bar Map sensors when his computer can't reference anything above atmospheric pressure.

Also, tell your buddy that fuel distribution with a 5th injector going through the compressor and into each cylinder properly is going to be A ******* GUESSING GAME!

But what does anyone know right?
Old 04-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07LaserBlueSS
If you are trying to get him banned, then keep talkin. If anyone on this forum knows about Widebands, sensors, and everything else FI, its TCarter, and Halfcent. So get take your DSM and go back into your hole!

you guys can ban me for being right, or calling me a lier or whatever your going to ban me for, i was just trying to let you guys in on this and be helpful and you guys have called us liers and waved your BS flags from the start, now your telling me i dont know what im doing.

as i mentioned before we are not using the SMT yet but this is a project, if you guys dont want to hear about this anymore then fine, ban me, delete the thread, whatever you like but i was sharing my information and experiment.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:29 PM

you guys can ban me for being right, or calling me a lier or whatever your going to ban me for, i was just trying to let you guys in on this and be helpful and you guys have called us liers and waved your BS flags from the start, now your telling me i dont know what im doing.

as i mentioned before we are not using the SMT yet but this is a project, if you guys dont want to hear about this anymore then fine, ban me, delete the thread, whatever you like but i was sharing my information and experiment.
Yet?

So are you using the 5th injector setup or not?

I've read this whole thread and no where did he mention he WASN'T using it.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
I'm technically also a DSMer since I own a Eclipse now...

But anyways, just cause you own a car doesn't mean you know **** about every car.

Tell your buddy he's using 2.5 Bar Map sensors when his computer can't reference anything above atmospheric pressure.

Also, tell your buddy that fuel distribution with a 5th injector going through the compressor and into each cylinder properly is going to be A ******* GUESSING GAME!

But what does anyone know right?
we have a 3 bar map its not hooked up right now, i can agree with you, but being a DSMer (and that mean Diamond Star Motors AKA: 4g63t) which is NOT mitsubishi, ive run more boost than anyone on these forums. and for the crank walk bullshit, you have no idea what your talking about 6bolt motors dont walk.

as soon as we have a little more time put into this we will be tuning with SMT7

yellowshobalt IS NOT using the 5th injector
Old 04-06-2007, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's not start an all out assault here.

Congratulations, I hope that you figure out the Fuel Management to your advantage. Once you get something settled in, we can't wait to see what numbers that thing puts on the street.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:32 PM

Considering how long the turbo cobalt lasted before it went boom.....I give this guy 2 weeks...TOPS!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:35 PM

we have a 3 bar map its not hooked up right now, i can agree with you, but being a DSMer (and that mean Diamond Star Motors AKA: 4g63t) which is NOT mitsubishi, ive run more boost than anyone on these forums. and for the crank walk bullshit, you have no idea what your talking about 6bolt motors dont walk.

Is he using the piggyback setup then?

How much boost you used on your car means nothing about intelligence. You're sitting here telling me that you can just hook up a sensor and your computer will know what to do? Sure, lets hook up a 3 Bar Map Sensor to a unit that is made for 1 Bar of absolute pressure. Yay! That "3 bar" sensor will be better used as a paper weight.

Is he planning on hooking that 3 bar map sensor to his computer or to the SMT system?

Also...

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Diamond-Star Motors (commonly abbreviated to DSM) was an automobile-manufacturing joint venture between the Chrysler Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC). The name came from the parent companies' respective logos: three diamonds (Mitsubishi) and a pentastar (Chrysler). Diamond-Star Motors was officially renamed Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America, Inc. (MMMA) in 1995, and since 2002 the plant's official title has been Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) Manufacturing Division.[1]

DSM can also refer to three of the vehicles produced by Diamond-Star Motors, the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, and Plymouth Laser.[2]
Has nothing to do with what motor you have...
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay, relax. There are many problems with your setup. People here know it and are pointing it out. Nobody is insulting you, so don't insult us.

we will see??? "yellowshowbalt" thanks for the warning halfcent
Old 04-06-2007, 06:38 PM

Do you understand how GM map sensors work? If you do, you'll understand that a 2.2L Ecotec PCM isnt capable of registering anything over atmospheric pressure.

Diamond Star Motors is not strictly the 4G63. What abouth the 4G64, the 4G61, the G54B, twin turbo V-6's...BTW Mitsu is 1/2 of diamond star motors....the other half being chrysler.

I dont know about crankwalk or dsm's? I've owned plenty. All 6-bolt engines. So you swapped a 6er into your 2Ga? Let me guess, 16g? 550cc/min....SAFC, 3 inch exhaust...basic dsm goodies I bet..Probably nothing special.

How much you want to bet you havent run more boost then me?
Old 04-06-2007, 06:40 PM

lol my question still hasn't been answered.

Are you guys planning on hooking the 3 BAR MAP sensor up to the factory PCM or to the SMT unit? Are you using the SMT unit as a piggyback style to alter the MAF signal?
Old 04-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Halfcent OWNZ JOO

Last edited by AMG_Passion; 04-06-2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Halfcent Ownz JOO
Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Banned

ok y'all, i apologize about the 20s, i had the speakers off.

I just dont understand how you say you have a SMT-7, then a 6, then your 2bar map sensor, now you have a 3...

Your literaly playing with fire sir. You can talk all you want about me not knowing anything, ive worked on pleanty of f/i cars in my day...yet im only 22. Ive fabbed up many things related to f/i...

As for that said, i wont be fully satisfied with your settup after your little attitude because we pointed out errors in your plan, which will save you alot of money down the road...

But i wont be satisfied till you strap the camera, to your dash pointing at your face, so i can see your expression when you blow your motor.....that sir, would be sooo worth it.

BTW, as for you not caring how to spell.....its quite ok to make up excuses, most JDM owners do it(Sorry NJHK), but theres no shame in pointing out you couldnt pass the 3rd grade spelling bee.

Halfcent...ive met you...i was nice to you...we're buddies....dont ban me.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMG_Passion
*removed by moderation
thats just mean man.

back to the yellowshobalt guy.

how much has this project run u?? how much did u buy ur car for new and how much has everything else costed??

im curious as to if its cheaper thena ss/sc (NO im not saying u shoulda bought one, just wondering thats all) cause i have a 2.2 as well and im saying is a supercharger for what u did paying off or not?

o and we have to see track numbers. when are u going to the drag strip. i hope soon to see what kinds of numbers ur running.

Originally Posted by TCarter
ok y'all, i apologize about the 20s, i had the speakers off.

I just dont understand how you say you have a SMT-7, then a 6, then your 2bar map sensor, now you have a 3...

Your literaly playing with fire sir. You can talk all you want about me not knowing anything, ive worked on pleanty of f/i cars in my day...yet im only 22. Ive fabbed up many things related to f/i...

As for that said, i wont be fully satisfied with your settup after your little attitude because we pointed out errors in your plan, which will save you alot of money down the road...

But i wont be satisfied till you strap the camera, to your dash pointing at your face, so i can see your expression when you blow your motor.....that sir, would be sooo worth it.

BTW, as for you not caring how to spell.....its quite ok to make up excuses, most JDM owners do it(Sorry NJHK), but theres no shame in pointing out you couldnt pass the 3rd grade spelling bee.

Halfcent...ive met you...i was nice to you...we're buddies....dont ban me.
lol like the plea there. funny stuff.

Last edited by Delta2.2; 04-06-2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm old school

Relax, I'm a moderator, not a dick!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:00 PM

I thought the definition of moderator was dick.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm old school

Only the people that get moderated by me think that! Okay, back on topic.

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
/lol... and yet another ss.net thread taking a turn for the worse... when will these younguns learn.

but anyway... even the 2.2 cavi s/c kit uses a LARGER pulley then the stock ss/sc at @10 psi due to the compression, and the fact that the motor is a lot weaker, so going straight to a stage II pulley, plus the fact the injectors you are using are smaller the the GM stage II injectors... = recipe for a blown motor.

now I'm not flaming here, just stating some facts for you. I hope you get it figured out, so I can sell my s/c setup to a 2.2 guy when I finish my other motor for turbo.

Im with Delta 2.2 about being curious about the project cost as well

Oh and ... Horray for pics and vids!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:06 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
things are on hold for a little while so I can gather up some more parts.. decided to ditch the stock rods... so that's gonna add some time to the project while I gather up the funds. But it will be done within the next month or so.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:08 PM

I just want my damn question answered lol
Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 PM

Halfcent I dont actually think your a dick. I figured that thread would get locked but I bet some people got a laugh out of it first.

I thought the boost gauge wasnt hooked up? So how does he know hes making 10 psi of boost?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by AMG_Passion
Halfcent I dont actually think your a dick. I figured that thread would get locked but I bet some people got a laugh out of it first.

I thought the boost gauge wasnt hooked up? So how does he know hes making 10 psi of boost?
LOL

That's a great point!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned

....good call chief.

But im not gonna flame, PERSONALY, I wouldnt drive the car (especialy 40 miles) with no fuel solution.

like i said, i congradulated you on being a pioneer. but its not cool to turn around and call me out on my knowledge.....you sir are in no position to be making fun of someone (especialy from me seeing your desktop wallpaper).

Ok wow, i need to stop. no more posts from me. Ive got business to do.

BTW, if anybody is getting a hard on from this f/i stuff and has a 2.2, http://tntautosport.com/index.php?ma...products_id=22 (Alpine Turbo Kit).

Enjoy!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:15 PM

And wouldnt the stage II kit, on a M62 bolted to an L61 make way more then 10Psi of boost...Even with a ported blower.

And why would you port the opening square? Theres a reason its shaped the way it is.

Quick Reply: finshed 2.2 super charged @ 10 psi