2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Forged?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Blur
The next time someone says this, I'm going to smack them.

There are a lot of personal reasons to buy one car or the other. If they have the LS, don't tell them they made the wrong choice. It was the right choice for them.
dude in all respect if you buy an ls and expect to go fast your not smart seriously you have 14,000 to buy a car dont buy a new one go buy a used mach 1 or something i think its funny how people spend 15 grand on a cobalt ls AND THEN come on this site and try and make it run 12's just buy something used to begin with

moral of story why would you buy a cobalt if you wanted to go fast , you could have gotten a used mach 1 for the same price and then you wouldnt have to make this thread

and theres also a reason why people mod their ss/sc's its because there not fast stock

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 02-06-2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by bc3tech
after the 18k mark here (the 4k i've put in) i should be at the ~215 mark once I get the SMT-6 installed.

after 5k & 300whp on your car you're at 23k, i'll be at 6k & 300whp for a total of $20k. to equal the 23k, i'd have to have put 9k into mine, and i better be well into the 300s (****, 4 or 500s) by then.

my main point here is this. y'all are talking about something you haven't done, haven't researched, and haven't seen. with the exception of NR cuz i know he's been following my build and planning on a 2.2 / 2.4 of his own.
Exactly, I do know what it takes, and making an L61 as fast as an LSJ is going to cost about the difference between the 2... plus headache, lol. You spent about what it would have cost to get into an RL, to be on par with an RL. from there you're option get limited though, while an RL can do a pulley an injector swap, get a friend with HPT, and be in the 260-270whp range for $500

Of course there are reasons you may or may not have the car you have right now. Mod what ya got, it's a lot of fun either way!
Old 02-06-2007, 01:26 PM

Bc3tech,

Not flaming you but your warranty was gone the second that procharger was bolted on.

And were all arguing about numbers that arent out yet. So we should probably just wait until you get dyno'd or make a quartermile run before we start attacking each others spending habits.

I would be more than willing to eat my words if you get 300whp out of a 2.2l with stock internals and stock tranny/clutch.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:01 PM

they dont just see something and are like, ope, your whole warrenty is voided. but the second you take it in for a blown headgasket or anything engine related you are gunna find out they arent going to cover it if you are procharged. trust me.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LandonElf
Bc3tech,

Not flaming you but your warranty was gone the second that procharger was bolted on.

And were all arguing about numbers that arent out yet. So we should probably just wait until you get dyno'd or make a quartermile run before we start attacking each others spending habits.

I would be more than willing to eat my words if you get 300whp out of a 2.2l with stock internals and stock tranny/clutch.
if you would read his post closer you would see hes replacing his internals...... duh.. and he has a dyno sheet of his 3.45 pulley on a crappy tune @ 10psi just dont give up b someone has to show them what the 2.2 will do
Old 02-06-2007, 02:20 PM

Bc3tech,

whoa where did i say 300whp on stock bottom end?!
Originally Posted by BaltM62
they dont just see something and are like, ope, your whole warrenty is voided. but the second you take it in for a blown headgasket or anything engine related you are gunna find out they arent going to cover it if you are procharged. trust me.
magnusson-moss act. if i go in for a squeeky door or some fucked up suspension, they gotta fix it. engine-related, i agree, but don't go saying my warranty's gone, cuz it ain't. I've got GM techs that have run the VIN for me thru the system and I've still got full warranty.

If something goes bad w/ the engine, i take the whole kit off (take me about an hour) and call 'em up. done. (and this has BEEN done before as well)
Old 02-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bc3tech
If something goes bad w/ the engine, i take the whole kit off (take me about an hour) and call 'em up. done. (and this has BEEN done before as well)
lol i believe someone did this twice with a turbo kit on the same car ..
Old 02-06-2007, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by 06_ion2
lol i believe someone did this twice with a turbo kit on the same car ..
yup.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

some body kill this thread, its full of SS/SC and Ion Redline owners being pissed that a budget build is extremly possible on a cobalt and can out perform there 18-20K dollar car for the same price if not less.

Its nothing bud bad mouthing the 2.2 in here when the facts are real. 10 psi on a crappy tune and making 220+ whp. Thats pretty amazing for 18K.

This thread actually shows in great deal why I hate a lot of LSJ owners, they think there the best there is no doubt. If they are even presented with a 2.2 that'll match them they instantly flame and get pissed.

You guys need to grow the **** up, you flame on **** you've never seen and think your LSJ powered car is soooo much better. The only thing an SS/SC or Redline has thats "soooo much better" when this kit is installed is the fact it can "handle" better, but simply drop the car and put in a strut bar and your gravy.

And I expect this, flame on.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by glockglade
Take your LS back and buy an SS easiest solution to your problem plain and simple.
your an idiot. I own an ss/sc and I hate it when idiots say stupid **** like that. Let people do what they want. you dont like it, then dont POST!

**** YOU RALLY, I'M STANDIN UP FOR YOUR GAY ASS! ****** HOMO! glockglade makes other ss owners and redline owners look like dipshits because he is a ******* idiot.

Last edited by Cobalt_SSTuner; 02-06-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
some body kill this thread, its full of SS/SC and Ion Redline owners being pissed that a budget build is extremly possible on a cobalt and can out perform there 18-20K dollar car for the same price if not less.

Its nothing bud bad mouthing the 2.2 in here when the facts are real. 10 psi on a crappy tune and making 220+ whp. Thats pretty amazing for 18K.

This thread actually shows in great deal why I hate a lot of LSJ owners, they think there the best there is no doubt. If they are even presented with a 2.2 that'll match them they instantly flame and get pissed.

You guys need to grow the **** up, you flame on **** you've never seen and think your LSJ powered car is soooo much better. The only thing an SS/SC or Redline has thats "soooo much better" when this kit is installed is the fact it can "handle" better, but simply drop the car and put in a strut bar and your gravy.

And I expect this, flame on.
I jsut think you take offense to things too much.

I am building a turbo L61, i know what it takes. By the end of it, it will be about the same (dynowise) to a stock RL, at the same price, but a **** load of headache along with it, and a stock RL has full warranty over EVERYTHING and is stock so much more reliable, so that has the upper hand there. I am not bashing, just the truth. I love all ecos, and applaid anyone making any decent amount of power with them, but the fact is, for equal power and reliability, the LSJ is cheaper.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

It'd be one thing to say a warranty is needed if we were working on something thats a huge pain in the ass to work on, however all the cobalt's engine and everything else is sooo open that it really shouldn't matter. If the person is serious about modding then they'll pay for the part that was broken and either take it to a good cheap shop or do it themselves.

at me being too offended by things, I remember last night I got a nice PM from you no remorse and you were pretty pissed about me being so cocky about no 2008 turbo cobalt. Yet you don't listen to ANYONE that has any true information about it. But we won't go there
Old 02-06-2007, 03:27 PM

It'd be one thing to say a warranty is needed if we were working on something thats a huge pain in the ass to work on, however all the cobalt's engine and everything else is sooo open that it really shouldn't matter. If the person is serious about modding then they'll pay for the part that was broken and either take it to a good cheap shop or do it themselves.

at me being too offended by things, I remember last night I got a nice PM from you no remorse and you were pretty pissed about me being so cocky about no 2008 turbo cobalt. Yet you don't listen to ANYONE that has any true information about it. But we won't go there
I was not offended, I was just offering you proof. You apparently do not want any, as you did not PM me back. That is your loss I guess. You seem to be the one not listening to others in this situation.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Banned

Your proof? Like the former proof we had of a word document?

You can send any proof you want, matter of fact post it in here.

But I take the word of people who have talked to some of the engineers at GM at the Detroit Auto Show over someone on the internet that can claim things (not saying you are so calm down)

And once again, until its shown to the public I will continue to doubt it. No company insiders or magazines or who ever have even hinted at it being possible and rumoring it, it started by a thread on here, and everyone ran on it.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:29 PM

Your proof? Like the former proof we had of a word document?

You can send any proof you want, matter of fact post it in here.

But I take the word of people who have talked to some of the engineers at GM at the Detroit Auto Show over someone on the internet that can claim things (not saying you are so calm down)

And once again, until its shown to the public I will continue to doubt it. No company insiders or magazines or who ever have even hinted at it being possible and rumoring it, it started by a thread on here, and everyone ran on it.
There is no chance in hell I am going to post anything publicly, I value my job. So you take the word from someone else, who supposedly heard from someone else.

<<==== Work at GM, I am a mechanical engineer.

I deal mostly with the GMT900trucks, and want to know something funny? last year at the auto show, I talked to some of the 'engineers there' (they were not engineers BTW, they don't go to the show unless they are visitors, or on the industry preview day) and they didn't even know what a GMT900 was!!! and yet, the new silverado was released as an 07 model!!!

Don't pretend you understand a company because you have purchased it's product. I don't even fully understand it and I am on their payroll.

I may be willing to send you proof PRIVATELY that I know what is going on with the cobalt, but not otherwise.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned

I don't fully understand the company and i'm a Tech. at a chevy dealer.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 PM

I do hate when people say "Take your LS back and get an SS"

Currently I have an LS, paid 13K or so for it, If I get the procharger kit I'm looking at thats looking to put me anywhere from 205 to 225 whp on a base kit, and they retail around 3-4K.

If you do the math, 13+3 to 4K nets you 16 or 17K, beating an SS for cheaper...Priceless
Thats complete ricer math, Oh wait, so then my cobalt with 3k worth of mods, runs 12s. , which I payed 23000 for it it adds up to 26000 and its still 5000 dlls cheaper than an evo! Its just wrong to look at it that way.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:41 PM

were saying that to GET the power, it would take money that would be better spent on just buying the SS/SC.
who really cares...honestly does the amount of money you spend on your car really matter when you are at the track? if you get beat by a 12 sec. 2.2 are you going to say to yourself, "well I only have Stage 2, wait til I put that amount of money into my car"...probably not unless you're making excuses for yourself.

doesn't matter how you got there or how much you spent to get there as long as you are...

mod for mod an FI car is always going to be the better value but you don't race people mod for mod do you? nope.

when modding a car this really means nothing so I don't get why 2.2 or 2.0 people argue this.

this is no different really then an LSJ taking their car and building their motor and slapping on a turbo. could've saved yourself the money and purchased an Evo or even SRT-4 and be running quicker times for cheaper but thats an irrelevant issue.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 PM

I don't fully understand the company and i'm a Tech. at a chevy dealer.
And who's payroll are you on? That's right, the dealer. What info do you have access to? can you pull up part drawings? PAD documents?

Here is a teaser:

part of the block drawing of a certain engine... numbers and such blacked out of course.

So what can you get? part numbers and prices? tech bulletins? Dealers no nothing about their parent company, only what they are fed. Sorry bud.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
Thats complete ricer math, Oh wait, so then my cobalt with 3k worth of mods, runs 12s. , which I payed 23000 for it it adds up to 26000 and its still 5000 dlls cheaper than an evo! Its just wrong to look at it that way.
How the **** is that ricer math? You should just shut up and not talk, the word ricer is over used to begin with, let alone ricer math.

The only reason anyone argues this is because you have ******** coming into the 2.2 threads when people have REAL honest questions about making horsepower and say "your an idiot for buying a 2.2 and modding it, should have gotten the SS/sc"

P.s. No remorse honestly, I dont give a **** if you work for GM and suck off the presidents tit. You can say one thing and many others car say other ****. No one cares or gives a ****. Until actual word is released that theres an 08 cobalt turbo, then there will be no 08 turbo cobalt.

Easy as that

How did this shitty rumor get started? Hmmm, lemme think....MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM.

Goto any other cobalt forum and they don't beat off over this stupid **** of news

Last edited by rally; 02-06-2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2007, 05:53 PM

How the **** is that ricer math? You should just shut up and not talk, the word ricer is over used to begin with, let alone ricer math.

The only reason anyone argues this is because you have ******** coming into the 2.2 threads when people have REAL honest questions about making horsepower and say "your an idiot for buying a 2.2 and modding it, should have gotten the SS/sc"

P.s. No remorse honestly, I dont give a **** if you work for GM and suck off the presidents tit. You can say one thing and many others car say other ****. No one cares or gives a ****. Until actual word is released that theres an 08 cobalt turbo, then there will be no 08 turbo cobalt.

Easy as that

How did this shitty rumor get started? Hmmm, lemme think....MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM.

Goto any other cobalt forum and they don't beat off over this stupid **** of news
Just because it's not official? It does not exist? what if I said I have seen a GM turbo cobalt? does it still not exist? I am going to laugh my ass of pretty soon here when you look like a tool when it's announced.

You think the rumor came from no where? I am going to start a rumor... the sun will rise tomarow. Just because I said it, and it hasn't happened yet, does it mean it will not??? Is it a rumor? NO! Your logic sucks man.

I offered to show you, give you info noone else apparently has on these forums, and you turned it down. That is your problem you don't want to believe it.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The_Blur
The next time someone says this, I'm going to smack them.

There are a lot of personal reasons to buy one car or the other. If they have the LS, don't tell them they made the wrong choice. It was the right choice for them.
Why do you people hate the truth? the whole reason Chevy made the ss s/c is so people can have a race version of a regular cobalt. Not being mean just being honest, by the way when your friends finally break the 200hp mark i am still 65hp ahead of that with less than 1,000 in work, a warranty, and a higher resale value... face it you made the wrong choice if you want performance.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NoRemorse
Just because it's not official? It does not exist? what if I said I have seen a GM turbo cobalt? does it still not exist? I am going to laugh my ass of pretty soon here when you look like a tool when it's announced.

You think the rumor came from no where? I am going to start a rumor... the sun will rise tomarow. Just because I said it, and it hasn't happened yet, does it mean it will not??? Is it a rumor? NO! Your logic sucks man.

I offered to show you, give you info noone else apparently has on these forums, and you turned it down. That is your problem you don't want to believe it.
Wow, no remorse your a ****** idiot. Yup, I said it, report it, I dont care. I'm tired of your stupid ****. I never said just because its not official it dosent exist. But anyone can post up any stupid **** about any car and make people believe it.

Who and where started the Cobalt Turbo rumor? Hmm? No one has any source to it. Yet people jump onto "info" that shows its comming, when in fact nothing has truly been told about the cobalt. And seeing as you work on the truck line I'm sure you have superior knowledge about the cobalt too. And any other vehicle you decide you know so much about.

Just stop posting, and go back to being ALL KNOWING, because your so ******* full of yourself its funny

Originally Posted by glockglade
Why do you people hate the truth?
theres reasons why people got there 2.2 over the 2.0. Dont ******* hate on them because they want to mod it. Let them mod there car and you worry about yours. Seriously SS.SC owners get over yourself.

And before someone says I'm too into this, If I could count the number of times some SS/SC ass came into a 2.2 thread to say YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AN SS/SC when the person just wanted advice on which way to mod there car, I'd run out of ******* space in my brain.

SERIOUSLY IT NEEDS TO STOP.

And did you ever think someone wanted to do a Naturally Aspirated build? HMMM....NO YOU DIDNT

Last edited by rally; 02-06-2007 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2007, 06:09 PM

Wow, no remorse your a ****** idiot. Yup, I said it, report it, I dont care. I'm tired of your stupid ****. I never said just because its not official it dosent exist. But anyone can post up any stupid **** about any car and make people believe it.

Who and where started the Cobalt Turbo rumor? Hmm? No one has any source to it. Yet people jump onto "info" that shows its comming, when in fact nothing has truly been told about the cobalt. And seeing as you work on the truck line I'm sure you have superior knowledge about the cobalt too. And any other vehicle you decide you know so much about.

Just stop posting, and go back to being ALL KNOWING, because your so ******* full of yourself its funny

theres reasons why people got there 2.2 over the 2.0. Dont ******* hate on them because they want to mod it. Let them mod there car and you worry about yours. Seriously SS.SC owners get over yourself.

And before someone says I'm too into this, If I could count the number of times some SS/SC ass came into a 2.2 thread to say YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AN SS/SC when the person just wanted advice on which way to mod there car, I'd run out of ******* space in my brain.

SERIOUSLY IT NEEDS TO STOP.

And did you ever think someone wanted to do a Naturally Aspirated build? HMMM....NO YOU DIDNT
Sorry Mr. dealer tech, I guess you get to choose what info is fact or fiction around here huh? Grow up. I really don't care what you think, I am sorry you feel that way. I guess you'll just have to wait to find out.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:17 PM

This is an angry thread :'(

Quick Reply: Forged?