Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree. kinda intersting. lol
Old 02-06-2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Exigen
This is an angry thread :'(
I am not angry, I just was trying to give my insight on a few things.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NoRemorse
Sorry Mr. dealer tech, I guess you get to choose what info is fact or fiction around here huh? Grow up. I really don't care what you think, I am sorry you feel that way. I guess you'll just have to wait to find out.
I'm sorry you suck off the chairmans tit. Honestly your so full of yourself its funny. Its nothing but "I work for GM and help make the trucks and have access to drawings so I know it all, especially more than any tech."

I never claimed to know more, but you dance around the facts, where did the turbo cobalt rumors start? Exactly, right here.

And i'm done posting in this now worthless thread, lock it
Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 PM

its not that big of deal. just nice to have an idea of whats next.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
I'm sorry you suck off the chairmans tit. Honestly your so full of yourself its funny. Its nothing but "I work for GM and help make the trucks and have access to drawings so I know it all, especially more than any tech."

I never claimed to know more, but you dance around the facts, where did the turbo cobalt rumors start? Exactly, right here.

And i'm done posting in this now worthless thread, lock it
Wow, seriously, lay off.

What facts??? I don't know where your damn rumor started. I don't know about a turbo cobalts from some damn forum, I might know because I have seen one. Grow up, seriously.

This must be why people dislike chevy dealerships so much, my god.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Banned

True its not that big of deal, but when we have a 2008 turbo cobalt thread at least twice a month it gets to you and everyone else.

then if anyone shows what "evidence" or lack there off they get flamed and people get pissed.

Its getting really old
Old 02-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol...
Old 02-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LoL at 2.2 guys. I agree, serious ricer math. WHen you get you 2.2's all finished I'm sure other like me would LOVE to race you. You 2.2 guys are writing some rediculous stuff. It seems your seriously underestimating the cost of the build. But if it works power too you, because once you have the power then you can go ahead and get a tranny, and an lsd, and axels, full suspension, should I go on?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Wow, no remorse your a ****** idiot. Yup, I said it, report it, I dont care. I'm tired of your stupid ****. I never said just because its not official it dosent exist. But anyone can post up any stupid **** about any car and make people believe it.

Who and where started the Cobalt Turbo rumor? Hmm? No one has any source to it. Yet people jump onto "info" that shows its comming, when in fact nothing has truly been told about the cobalt. And seeing as you work on the truck line I'm sure you have superior knowledge about the cobalt too. And any other vehicle you decide you know so much about.

Just stop posting, and go back to being ALL KNOWING, because your so ******* full of yourself its funny

theres reasons why people got there 2.2 over the 2.0. Dont ******* hate on them because they want to mod it. Let them mod there car and you worry about yours. Seriously SS.SC owners get over yourself.

And before someone says I'm too into this, If I could count the number of times some SS/SC ass came into a 2.2 thread to say YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AN SS/SC when the person just wanted advice on which way to mod there car, I'd run out of ******* space in my brain.

SERIOUSLY IT NEEDS TO STOP.

And did you ever think someone wanted to do a Naturally Aspirated build? HMMM....NO YOU DIDNT
You are obviously on your own litlle planet so have a nice day.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 PM

True its not that big of deal, but when we have a 2008 turbo cobalt thread at least twice a month it gets to you and everyone else.

then if anyone shows what "evidence" or lack there off they get flamed and people get pissed.

Its getting really old
So you put it in your signature so it wont go away. Stop being part of the problem, your just as bad as the people who constantly bring it up.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:38 PM

I do hate when people say "Take your LS back and get an SS"

Currently I have an LS, paid 13K or so for it, If I get the procharger kit I'm looking at thats looking to put me anywhere from 205 to 225 whp on a base kit, and they retail around 3-4K.

If you do the math, 13+3 to 4K nets you 16 or 17K, beating an SS for cheaper...Priceless
I paid 18k for my redline

I have 17" fogred rims
Sport tuned suspension
4 wheel disc brakes
supercharged and intercooled stock engine with internals to 300hp...275 whp can be reached with 700 bucks
upgraded 5 lug axles, stronger trans w/ optonal lsd, and stronger axles
o and hpt support

a better deal u say?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Maxim_X
LoL at 2.2 guys. I agree, serious ricer math. WHen you get you 2.2's all finished I'm sure other like me would LOVE to race you. You 2.2 guys are writing some rediculous stuff. It seems your seriously underestimating the cost of the build. But if it works power too you, because once you have the power then you can go ahead and get a tranny, and an lsd, and axels, full suspension, should I go on?
shoulda kept that post to yourself. how much of a 2.2 build have you done?

$4k - everything i have & posted earlier
$1.5k - forged internals (pistons, rods) installed
tranny - not really needed until above 350whp. likely just need
clutch - $500
axels - again, not really needed
full suspension - cuz this helps you go fast... how?
LSD - again, go fast... how?

yes do go on, you're only at $6000, making my ride now worth $20k and pushing just under 350whp.

I'll race ya when i'm done.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Banned

No Remorse its been in my sig since July thank you.

DJ i would say thats a deal, yes. But when the average owner is paying 20K+ for an SS/SC, its easy to see where doing a budget car like the LS would be possible to come out ahead.

And for the "ricer" math, theres FACTS in this thread, the ion is running 220WHP at the price of 18K, not bad for a budget. And yes thats only at 10 psi.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by bc3tech
shoulda kept that post to yourself. how much of a 2.2 build have you done?

$4k - everything i have & posted earlier
$2k - forged internals (pistons, rods) installed
tranny - not really needed until above 350whp. likely just need
clutch - $500
axels - again, not really needed
full suspension - cuz this helps you go fast... how?
LSD - again, go fast... how?

yes do go on, you're only at $6500, making my ride now worth $20.5k and pushing just under 350whp.
I plan on having less than 21k in my car for about 400whp
Old 02-06-2007, 06:50 PM

BC3 for ur 2.0 w/o s/c versus 2.2 that ridiculous...the 2.0 is designed with the s/c ITS A PACKAGE...

OK ill give u ur 2.0 without a s/c race only if the l61 has no pistons...sound fair?

also last i checked the getrag owners werent making as much of an increase in power to test the breaking points of their transmisions and axles.

No Remorse its been in my sig since July thank you.

DJ i would say thats a deal, yes. But when the average owner is paying 20K+ for an SS/SC, its easy to see where doing a budget car like the LS would be possible to come out ahead.

And for the "ricer" math, theres FACTS in this thread, the ion is running 220WHP at the price of 18K, not bad for a budget. And yes thats only at 10 psi.
BUT i didnt haggle at all...I walked into gm during employee pricing..said give me the ion they said ok...ANYONE who wanted one got it at that price. I also know a girl who got her ss/sc at the same price as me...18k is a fair starting point.

Ok so bc3 is making a lil less hp then i do stock with a stock ls suspension and brakes w/ drums in the rear and no warranty...that is NOT a deal

Last edited by djt81185; 02-06-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Triplepost
Old 02-06-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by djt81185
...275 whp can be reached with 700 bucks

a better deal u say?
please don't hype up the Redline

we know what it is capable of but you and I both no that you pushing 275whp on a completely stock RL is not reliable nor would it last very long.

you can say goodbye to your clutch as well as your axles...and possibly even your headgasket depending on your tune. And cooling mods? you'll need it.

Going to a 2.5" or 2.6" requires supporting mods to be run reliably...just like it would if a 2.2 were to run 250whp completely stock.

the LSJ is a great value but lets not give off the idea that its "that easy" when its not. once you go that small you've already commited to building your drivetrain if you want it to last.

Other than that, go Saturns.

Last edited by IonNinja; 02-06-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
please don't hype up the Redline

we know what it is capable of but you and I both no that you pushing 275whp on a completely stock RL is not reliable nor would it last very long.

you can say goodbye to your clutch as well as your axles...and possibly even your headgasket depending on your tune. And cooling mods? you'll need it.

Going to a 2.5" or 2.6" requires supporting mods to be run reliably...just like it would if a 2.2 were to run 250whp on the 2.2.

the LSJ is a great value but lets not give off the idea that its "that easy" when its not. once you go that small you've already commited to building your drivetrain if you want it to last.

Other than that, go Saturns.
Hi, I am 'NoRemorse' and I have 275whp for over 15k miles, my stock clutch holding up for a total of 26k miles. My car is very reliable.

It's not hype.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:55 PM

well guys i heard a rumor iran has the cure for aids. IT MUST BE TRUE!

stop these stupid ******* arguments, this happens like twice a week and you guys never learn. NONE OF YOU ARE GOING TO WIN THIS ARGUMENT. it is just going to go on and on until it gets locked, then you guys are just going to do it again until a turbo cobalt is actually released, or never released.

as for you arguing about 2.2 vs 2.0. who ******* cares? this guy wants to make his 2.2 faster. give him advice. don't say, "trade it in for a 2.0." ok maybe it would have been the better choice originally if he wanted that kinda performance, maybe not, but either way it is too late now. a trade in would innevitably cost him thousands of dollars as he will probably only get like 11k at best for his car now. He is likely better off modding his 2.2 as it stands, so give ******* advice, that's what this site is for. don't turn this into a pissing match because as all of you know, i can **** all the way across the street.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by NoRemorse
I plan on having less than 21k in my car for about 400whp
and w/ an extra $900 i can pick up an LSJ trans locally, then swap my pulley.
BC3 for ur 2.0 w/o s/c versus 2.2 that ridiculous...the 2.0 is designed with the s/c ITS A PACKAGE...
my point was the two engines on equal platforms, 2.2 would make more hp.
also last i checked the getrag owners werent making as much of an increase in power to test the breaking points of their transmisions and axles.
i have no clue what you just said.
...Ok so bc3 is making a lil less hp then i do stock with a stock ls suspension and brakes w/ drums in the rear and no warranty...that is NOT a deal
when did i ever say it was a deal? a better deal? or that i got a deal? or am making a deal? are we on deal or no deal? i don't even think the word deal came off my keyboard.

i'm bored w/ this thread now. the shortbuss has now infected otherwise respectable people and it's a shame.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by bc3tech
and w/ an extra $900 i can pick up an LSJ trans locally, then swap my pulley.
my point was the two engines on equal platforms, 2.2 would make more hp.i have no clue what you just said.
when did i ever say it was a deal? a better deal? or that i got a deal? or am making a deal? are we on deal or no deal? i don't even think the word deal came off my keyboard.

i'm bored w/ this thread now. the shortbuss has now infected otherwise respectable people and it's a shame.
That's not true.

Also, the argument was basically about value.. aka a deal. And like you said about the trans, great, but you'd still be in the hole 50-100whp to me.

I like your car, and I am impressed by it, but in now way does it make me rethink my redline purchase. I feel I will make more power, and a cheaper price. But hey that's just my opinnion, prove me wrong, I seriously would love it.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
i can **** all the way across the street.
vids or bs! lol
Old 02-06-2007, 07:01 PM

Hey guys guess what? OFF TOPIC!!!!!!! CLOSE THIS ****!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by 06_ion2
vids or bs! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsHJTD5iN4

over the shoulder bitch.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Banned

OK ill give u ur 2.0 without a s/c race only if the l61 has no pistons...sound fair?

BUT i didnt haggle at all...I walked into gm during employee pricing..said give me the ion they said ok...ANYONE who wanted one got it at that price. I also know a girl who got her ss/sc at the same price as me...18k is a fair starting point.

Ok so bc3 is making a lil less hp then i do stock with a stock ls suspension and brakes w/ drums in the rear and no warranty...that is NOT a deal
Rear disc's on a cobalt really don't do that much, there not oh so superior. The main reason an ss has rear disc is because the sports model has been established to have the "best" available. Even though the rear discs arent that great.

Suspension is easily obtainable by several easy mods and only comes into effect really for road racing
Old 02-06-2007, 07:08 PM

Rear disc's on a cobalt really don't do that much, there not oh so superior. The main reason an ss has rear disc is because the sports model has been established to have the "best" available. Even though the rear discs arent that great.

Suspension is easily obtainable by several easy mods and only comes into effect really for road racing
LOL, you think braking is not important?

I can tell you right now, it is a HUGE factor in any time of real racing. The stopping power is DRASTICALLY increased.

Quick Reply: Forged?