2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Fuel Pressure riser

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Pressure riser

hey wuts good guys? I was wondering if anyone knew more about the rk sport fuel pressure riser regulater kit. It sounds like It would really help my 2.2 since I have a cat-back and intake.....if anyone knows anymore about this item let me kno....like if its a waste of money or not....thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 07:20 PM

all that will do is raise your fuel pressure, which is already at 60psi...I don't think you need it and I'm not even positive if that will work on a returnless fuel system

that device to me...is just a bandaid fix for injectors that are too small on an FI setup.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IonNinja
all that will do is raise your fuel pressure, which is already at 60psi...I don't think you need it and I'm not even positive if that will work on a returnless fuel system

that device to me...is just a bandaid fix for injectors that are too small on an FI setup.
It wouldn't work like you said unless they were to change their rail (which they could) but they'd have to create a return-line system back into the fuel tank...which honestly isn't a bad idea but isn't necessarily something that is a "Need" for most people.

To get to the original post, the need to raise fuel pressure isn't necessary. If you did have a return fuel system, you could use it but what would happen is that you're not just raising the fuel pressure during wide open throttle but throughout every driving condition. Overall, you'd be running richer for no reason.

I suggest reading the Fuel System FAQ I wrote:
http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743
Old 03-14-2007, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
It wouldn't work like you said unless they were to change their rail (which they could) but they'd have to create a return-line system back into the fuel tank...which honestly isn't a bad idea but isn't necessarily something that is a "Need" for most people.

To get to the original post, the need to raise fuel pressure isn't necessary. If you did have a return fuel system, you could use it but what would happen is that you're not just raising the fuel pressure during wide open throttle but throughout every driving condition. Overall, you'd be running richer for no reason.

I suggest reading the Fuel System FAQ I wrote:
http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743
I've seen this mostly on speed density systems where the computer has no visability into the effect of mods. Since the ECU has no idea, raising the fuel pressure will get you more fuel since you can't get the ECU to give it to you. Larger injectors do that, too. We took the latter approach when we put a 2.4 PT Cruiser motor in a first gen Neon ACR while keeping the 2.0 computer. It runs great!