2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

has anyone tried this exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maven
I have to agree with some of the posts questioning the quality of this setup. I got a chance to (was unfortunately stuck) installing one of these this weekend. It kinda sucked. I wasnt impressed with the quality of the weld, or with the hanger placement at all. It takes a fair bit of tweaking to get it to look good. Once again a clear case of you get what you pay for, and in this case maybe a bit less. The pipes were nice, but it just doesnt cut the mustard as a bolt on kit in my mind
i'd rather save up the extra 3 or 4 hundred get the real thing, do it right the first time yanno.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by pat_07ss
mine did the exact same thing, to the right, and it was touching at the top, and was too short

I unbolted everything and pulled it back as much as I could and now it's not too short anymore
The only problem is where they put the hooks on the muffler. I didn't use the rubber things to hook up the muffler and simply used muffler hooks I got at Canadian Tire for $25

I'm probably gonna go to a local shop and get the hooks moved for it to fit properly
im hearing the exhaust hitting something...everytime i go over a bump...and its pissing me off...any idea what it is hitting?! initially i thought im hitting my springs...but sometimes wen i rev really high...i kinda hear it too..also i hear it wen im not going over hard bumps...sounds like something is lose in the muffler.....could it be the heat sheild?! if i even still have one?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its hitting your rear gas tank heat shield... i had to get both my hangers removed and replaced and it fits perfect now
Old 11-03-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by glen229
thats wat i had to do... cost 50 bucks to have it all bent aligned and new custom hangers put on.. and my stock tip put back on..
I got under my car yesterday and fixed everything at no cost

The pipes go about 6 inches into each other. I simply unbolted my setup and pulled the pipes slightly out a bit (1 or 2 inches per connection). That way I got the perfect length and it got realigned/centered properly. Looks great now, and it’s not touching anywhere!
The rubber hangers are quite stretched at the muffler though, but it’s doable, at no cost.

I got compliments from random people the first evening I had it on, waiting at an intersection in traffic
Old 11-04-2008, 05:58 AM

dam....i envy u guys...still i want the resonator on!!!!
but i ahve no time....nor a jack...
Old 11-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by ijak
dam....i envy u guys...still i want the resonator on!!!!
but i ahve no time....nor a jack...
i'll get my resonator welded this Friday.
Honestly it's too loud for me, sounds like an import if I rev it high enough.
I'll probably get pulled over without a res sooner or later anyway.

It's not bad quality as some pple here pretend.
Hooks are not poor quality, nor are the clips, and welds seem great also.
Best deal for performance and sound you can get.

And I don't care about SS really. The muffler + tip are SS, that's what matters. I'll worry about changing pipes in 5 years when they wear through; piping is freaking cheap on their website anyway if every you need to change sections of your cat in 5-6 years (most of us will have different cars in 6 years), so why pay more.. anyway, that's my opinion

For Canadians, I got mine when USD = $CAN, trust me it was worth it. But $CAN is going up the hill as the USD is going back down again this week; it might be the right time to buy again.