2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

I've been paitent...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NJHK
Sorry to be a negative nancy but why are you complaining?

Seriously, you should anticipated this. You have the lowest model vehicle, you think that a company like HP Tuners is going to dish out money to the people who couldn't afford (for the most part) an SS/SC or even an SS? No. They are going where the money is.

You have a car that is about 2 years old and has computer differences in between. You do not own an import so in most cases, you're not on the top priority list.

Do you think decoding an OBDII computer is easy? If so, then you do it. Till you actually can, don't bitch about the people who are atleast ATTEMPTING to give you something. Be thankful that a company like HP Tuners is going out of their way to do this for your vehicle cause years ago, there was NOTHING for domestic 4 cylinder vehicles.

And if there was HP Tuners out and you bought it, then what? You have 4 grand laying around for a turbo setup? What do you need tuning support right now for? I can understand someone like Halfcent who has finished his engine and transmission and is just waiting for it to come out so he can begin his turbo setup but I can honestly bet you have nothing more than an intake or exhaust upgrade.

Sorry if this sounds mean but I'm being honest. People like knowing what is available but to be honest, how many people are really looking to make their base model Cobalt into some 300 HP track monster? Ok, maybe some but how many are really GOING TO make their car into a 300 HP track monster? That's the question to ask.

I think right now, you guys need to read more on how HP Tuners works so you don't **** up your computer in the first place and buy some books on how Engine Management systems work in general so you don't plug this **** into your computer and no longer have a working vehicle.

This is my honest opinion on the subject, sorry if it sounds mean but I'm being realistic.
I agree with you, but I'm prepared for it.
I've read the books on Eninge Management, and I do have 3g's laying around, but All I want is High Comp Pistons, stage 3 cams, Built Valvetrain for 7500 redline, and a 55 to 75 shot, thats all, good day
Old 12-12-2006, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL I thought I'd help you out this time...how about that?

Nah but seriously, this is how I honestly feel. People need to stop thinking more of "I want now" buyer point of view and think about the "seller" point of view...HP Tuners is a company, not some guy in his basement making software for tuners.
my thoughts is that if they can do it for the Cavalier/Sunfire they damn sure can give us some support.

hell we're a step up from those cars
Old 12-12-2006, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IonNinja
my thoughts is that if they can do it for the Cavalier/Sunfire they damn sure can give us some support.

x2...
Old 12-13-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IonNinja

lol ok.

Fact of the matter, there was a bigger market for the 2.2 ECOTECs in the Jbodies than the Ions/Cobalts with the 2.2.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:40 PM

lol ok.

Fact of the matter, there was a bigger market for the 2.2 ECOTECs in the Jbodies than the Ions/Cobalts with the 2.2.
for the time being...

time will tell...these still are pretty new cars
Old 12-13-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HiSpdPursuit
for the time being...

time will tell...these still are pretty new cars
Yeah, that's why I said "was".
Old 12-13-2006, 04:10 PM

LOL I thought I'd help you out this time...how about that?

Nah but seriously, this is how I honestly feel. People need to stop thinking more of "I want now" buyer point of view and think about the "seller" point of view...HP Tuners is a company, not some guy in his basement making software for tuners.
If I had the damn time and wasn't afraid of hosing my car I'd started reading up on the subject months ago to see if it made sense being a software developer (Halfcent provided me with the links). While I understood a good amount of it it still doesn't sound like an easy task and to be honest I just don't have the kind of time in my typical day to invest into it.

If I do ever find extra parts laying around and the time I'd still like to take a stab at it to see what I could do with it but I'm definitely not using my car as the test subject (rentals ) if I did ever manage to crack it in the first place .

Your point is well taken though, companies are ultimately out to make money and will definitely have other priorities over our 2.2s...I'm sure everyone's patience will payoff in the long run.