2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

jet maf sensor is awsome

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ I had a few ss/sc people tell me that with just the maf they pick up 1/2 to 1 psi of boost with it...how does that happen?

jn2 i dont want to be a dick but i really hate people like you....last night at wi inter. raceway i ran a 14.95 i am fully bolted minus a catback exhaust (i have a header and a catless dp) i have a jet stage 2 and a jet MAF

now i have read other threads here that say they can't break into the 14s with a trifecta tune... my afr with the jet are perfect 14s without there higher ie leaner. i dont know why but for the 250 buck i paid for the jet stage 2 everything runs much better.

i look at it this way when trade in time comes i wont have to wait ages for trifecta to wipe my computer i can just unplug my MAF and Jet chip

sorry but for the money jet is awsome

and i am also sorry you and 90% of the people on here have woodys for trifecta.

i would totally get a trifecta tune if i decide i want a faster car because you can get a tune for cams boost

but my car is not a "race car" jet works just like its suppose to awsome and cheap

Last edited by iflyg5; 05-16-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-17-2009, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by 1niceLS
No at least not to my knowledge what it does is recalibrate the ecu to allow more air flow so it allows your intake system to draw more air
I know i does not recalibrate the ECU, it just communicates to the ECU, to my understanding it tells the ECU that the air coming into the car is colder than it actually is, therefore the ECU thinks that its is colder outside and richs the fuel table, (more fuel more power)..
It does not recalibrate anything, it is just a sensor and senors report data to the ECU, so if its reporting that the incoming air is 50 degrees when it is actually 60 degrees then the fuel table is richer...

Just my theory..im just going on my Dry nitrous experience on MAF cars... you put the nitrous nozzle before the MAF so the nitrous is sprayed on it, the nitrous is cold so the maf thinks the air is cold and reports the ECU that the air is cold and so it richs the fuel table, in return you get more fuel to make the nitrous more effective and to keep from leaning out...(This only works with small shots of dry nitrous)..
Old 05-17-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jn2
a trifecta tune will pwn the crap out of this POS jet maf...trifecta does a lot more than just tune for more air, they remove your PE delay, which is something that make 2.2's slower than they already are...u floor it, ur engine doesnt really do anything until ~5seconds after u go WOT, if you had a wideband u would see this, trifecta will remove PE dealy and do loads of other things, u think this MAF will compensate for more air??? load of horsecrap...

2.2's dont need anything to install a 2.4 manifold on their car, they just bolt it on and go, there is no need for this "jet maf" its just a waste of money, u want more power, get the car tuned

a MAF sensor will not recalibrate your ECM...its most likely lying ot yoru car about the air that is coming in, once again a MAF sensor will not calibrate ur ECM, u think it has the jet would charge so little for a tune??? no! once again that MAF sensor has no way of recalibrating ur ECM, no way in hell, it doesnt have the ability to travel up the MAF wires, make it to your ECM, and reprogram it with anything, its only lying to the ECM about the air its drawing in...

those maf wires do not have the power to reprogram anything!!! you really think that thru a 5 wires u can get to the ECM and change everything??? u really think that is possible??? u have a OBD2 port that has loads more wires, that leads to many other, that lead to the ECM, its has the power to get into the ECM and pull reading out and codes etc, your MAF wires do not

First of let me say you are the most arrogant piece of **** Ive met on this site so far. Secondly I did not say who was better trifecta or JET I was just stating (If you could read) that if what the op said was true then this would be a cheaper route for somone who just wanted to put on a 2.4 TB on a 2.2. I don't have anything against trifecta and I will admit even though I do own the Jet MAF I believe that trifecta would be better. Third if your car takes 5 seconds to react after WOT then GTFO of this site because you clearly must of fucked something up with your Cobalt because they do not hesitate at least mine doesn't. Fourth I don't give a **** if I have a wideband or not. Fifth you are correct that the 2.2's do not need anything to physically mount up a 2.4 manifold to make it actually work you will need an adapter plate to allow the original 2.2 TB to fit. Sixth I am only tying to reiterate what I remember JET Performance claimed about the use of this MAF when purchasing it a while ago so as far as recalibrating the ecu or however you want to believe the god damn thing works go question JET not me.

Lastly go **** yourself
Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 AM

ok honestly is it worth it if i only got a K&N intake and GMPP exhaust???
Old 05-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1niceLS
First of let me say you are the most arrogant piece of **** Ive met on this site so far. Secondly I did not say who was better trifecta or JET I was just stating (If you could read) that if what the op said was true then this would be a cheaper route for somone who just wanted to put on a 2.4 TB on a 2.2. I don't have anything against trifecta and I will admit even though I do own the Jet MAF I believe that trifecta would be better. Third if your car takes 5 seconds to react after WOT then GTFO of this site because you clearly must of fucked something up with your Cobalt because they do not hesitate at least mine doesn't. Fourth I don't give a **** if I have a wideband or not. Fifth you are correct that the 2.2's do not need anything to physically mount up a 2.4 manifold to make it actually work you will need an adapter plate to allow the original 2.2 TB to fit. Sixth I am only tying to reiterate what I remember JET Performance claimed about the use of this MAF when purchasing it a while ago so as far as recalibrating the ecu or however you want to believe the god damn thing works go question JET not me.

Lastly go **** yourself
Um trifecta tuned I don't have pe delay, since u obviously don't know what ur talking about, that power enrichment delay...google it...every stock 2.2 has it...u floor it, but your never really enters power enrichment until 5 seconds after u go wot...yes ur car accelerates...but it running a close to 14a/f...after about 5 seconds ur will richen up...u want me to educate u on anything else? The ghost in the trunk maybe?

Originally Posted by XgunsmokeX
ok honestly is it worth it if i only got a K&N intake and GMPP exhaust???
Get a trifecta tune. The best thing u need now is to remove pe delay...it will free up a lot of low end power

Last edited by Jn2; 05-17-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-17-2009, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jn2
Um trifecta tuned I don't have pe delay, since u obviously don't know what ur talking about, that power enrichment delay...google it...every stock 2.2 has it...u floor it, but your never really enters power enrichment until 5 seconds after u go wot...yes ur car accelerates...but it running a close to 14a/f...after about 5 seconds ur will richen up...u want me to educate u on anything else? The ghost in the trunk maybe?

Get a trifecta tune. The best thing u need now is to remove pe delay...it will free up a lot of low end power
jet performance stage 2 claims they also get rid of pe delay..

i dunno trifecta=awsome with anymore power adders then bolt ons

just my .02.... I guess if i was hard core i would get a trifecta tune but i dont
Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 PM

uhm. I have a JET V-force and it is connected to my MAF sensor's output wire and then connected inline with the output from my MAP sensor. I'm wondering if having the v-force installed would defeat the purpose of installing the jet MAF. I'm really interested in using a 2.4TB, so I'm hoping someone can confirm this...
Old 05-17-2009, 06:20 PM

^^^ jet claims that all there products can be co-mingled.. but who knows if it will really make a diff if you have the v-force it might but who knows
Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by iflyg5
jet performance stage 2 claims they also get rid of pe delay..

i dunno trifecta=awsome with anymore power adders then bolt ons

just my .02.... I guess if i was hard core i would get a trifecta tune but i dont

where can you git the jet performance stage2 and how much will it help me with a sri and a cat back or would it be better to git the jet mafs for now
Old 06-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Well if you guys haven't run into any issue with this Jet maf sensor maybe I can grab one then.