2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Moving forward

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 01:48 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Moving forward

With my last car I joined a very good club site. It has been run for almost 10 years now. The information on there was amazing. No bickering, people solving problems quickly. What needs to be done to get this site in the right direction? Everyone seems to ask stupid questions that have already been solved. Or the answer is almost always use money to get what you want. Is the average age too young, or am I wasting my time on a useless site. Please chime in on this one.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're helpful, just as long as you don't repeat something for the 101 millionth time,

I treat people (online or in real life) the same way I get treated the first. You're an ass to me, I'll be likewise. Have an intelligent discussion and both come to a conclusion, welcome (well, you get the idea) Respect me and I'll respect you!
Old 06-15-2006, 02:16 PM

There is a lot of knowledgeable people on this site some old some new. But there's also those who have no idea what they are doing, come on here posting questions that have been answered a thousand times. But with the Cobalt's being GM's compact car there are going to be some younger kids on here that will bicker, make pointless post, etc. But as far as the site as a whole its pretty good. And I also have seemed to notice that a lot more knowledgeable people have been joining lately so thats a good thing. anyway enjoy your stay and welcome
Old 06-15-2006, 02:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Questions are only stupid if you know the answer...

If you know nothing about cars and you're asking questions to get a clue, there is absolutley nothing wrong with that.

Also, not everyone is comfortable to the forum experience, so their first reaction isn't to search and not every forum has the greatest search feature nor will a search answer someones full question.

No one can answer if you're wasting your time. If you feel that you aren't benefiting or enjoy your forum experience here, than you should leave. I've done the same on other forums (example: the JBO)...sometimes you gotta move on.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:22 PM

NJHK, I appreciate the fact that you take the time to answer everyones question(with respect) to them no matter how many times it has been posted already,you are a wealth of information,probably the most knowledged on the forum.Thanks and I look foward to more of your post, THANKS
Old 06-15-2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by g5mike
NJHK, I appreciate the fact that you take the time to answer everyones question(with respect) to them no matter how many times it has been posted already,you are a wealth of information,probably the most knowledged on the forum.Thanks and I look foward to more of your post, THANKS
It's no problem. I wouldn't say that I'm the most knowledgable person on this forum (I would give my hats off to Halfcient actually) but I know a good amount and I've been modifying for almost 3 years now so I have a good amount of experience with things going wrong and things working out and just general car knowledge but we're all still learning.

I really do appreciate your compliments though, thank you.

Check out my site and sign my guestbook
Old 06-15-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
With my last car I joined a very good club site. It has been run for almost 10 years now. The information on there was amazing. No bickering, people solving problems quickly. What needs to be done to get this site in the right direction? Everyone seems to ask stupid questions that have already been solved. Or the answer is almost always use money to get what you want. Is the average age too young, or am I wasting my time on a useless site. Please chime in on this one.
alot of these forums are in desperate need of stickies...especially the 2.2 forum.

there wouldn't be such a high amount of repeated posts if the information was sat right in front of their face (which is what most people want). generally on a forum where the age level is a little higher flaming is not tolerated as much but where 90% of the people here are under 25 things run more loosely.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
alot of these forums are in desperate need of stickies...especially the 2.2 forum.

there wouldn't be such a high amount of repeated posts if the information was sat right in front of their face (which is what most people want). generally on a forum where the age level is a little higher flaming is not tolerated as much but where 90% of the people here are under 25 things run more loosely.
The fact is unless you're part of a Corvette or Camaro or Mustang forum, the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder tuner world is young...16-25 typically. Generally V8 owners are part of an older crowd.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:03 PM

true...doesn't bother me but it might bother the people getting flamed

or maybe I'm just too laid back, we do need more stickies though.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:31 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
we could almost use sub categories under the 2.2L. Stuff like exhaust, intake, FI and stuff like that. Maybe I'm way off on this one. I don't have the money to spend on my car yet, but I don't want to search night and day for the stuff already on here.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
we could almost use sub categories under the 2.2L. Stuff like exhaust, intake, FI and stuff like that. Maybe I'm way off on this one. I don't have the money to spend on my car yet, but I don't want to search night and day for the stuff already on here.
Honestly, there are enough forums here. I think people want 50 different sections but honestly, 50% of the threads I see are in the wrong forum anyways lol

People ask forced induction questions in the 2.2L Performance forum , people asking suspension questions in the 2.0L Performance forum when there is a Suspension forum.