2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

my car has no balls anymore

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Staged07SS
hey easy partner .... i have a ss/sc, but i will admit you can break the tires loose in a stock 2.2. a buddy of mine has a 5 speed 2.2 thats stock except for a free flowing muffler, and i must say its pretty peppy.
Well, most people on here are dicks to us 2.2L's.

Originally Posted by Brandon97Z
Defensive much?
No, it's called - No one here wants to hear you guys rip on our cars because you drive a more superior model..

Have you ever heard the saying - If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your ******* trap shut?

Plus, a LS/TC would burn an SS/SC, one that is pretty modded, at that. I've seen it, many of times.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

No, it's called - No one here wants to hear you guys rip on our cars because you drive a more superior model..

Have you ever heard the saying - If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your ******* trap shut?

Plus, a LS/TC would burn an SS/SC, one that is pretty modded, at that. I've seen it, many of times.
which is why u guys need to start FI'ing ur cars.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
I will eventually.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Blue_Balt
Unless the tires are worn or if you have way more power than stock, you won't chirp them in 3rd.
I have minor boltons and wide tires, and doing a WOT pull i chirped going into 2nd and 3rd the other day. I will admit that I was utterly ******* shocked that this was possible in my car, but it definitely happened.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:48 PM

What truth hurt? Pissed you bought a slow car? Stop getting butthurt over internet comments.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:24 PM

Yeah, I'm working on this too.

What truth hurt? Pissed you bought a slow car? Stop getting butthurt over internet comments.
You must have missed the part where I said an LS/TC would annihilate your SS/SC, that or you just ignored it, because it's true. I'm not pissed at all that I have an LS. LS does not stand for Lack of Speed, it stands for Lack of weight due to fewer bells and whistles. Everyone knows an LS/TC would take a modded SS/SC, anyway. Hell, I've seen an LS/TC take an SS/TC.

Who the **** are you trying to argue with?

Oh.. I just noticed you have a 2.4L.. You should really not be such a dick..
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM

hey there spanky. I wouldnt talk if I were u ur not exactly driving something remotely fast. Especially when Ive seen 2.2l balts hang right next to 2.4l's.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM

You must have missed the part where I said an LS/TC would annihilate your SS/SC, that or you just ignored it, because it's true. I'm not pissed at all that I have an LS. LS does not stand for Lack of Speed, it stands for Lack of weight due to fewer bells and whistles. Everyone knows an LS/TC would take a modded SS/SC, anyway. Hell, I've seen an LS/TC take an SS/TC.

he doesnt have an SS/SC. He has a whimpy 2.4l. You can probly take him right now.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Slobodan Milošević

Received 215 Likes on 175 Posts
i can spin my tires into second with 215's. not chirp, but like a one mississippi spin. i chirped into third once, but i usually cant because i'm too scared to jam it into third (my 2-3 shift speed is not where it should be). ive seen this video too many times:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I...rom_198597.htm

ha ha ha, but it scares me

2.2 btw

Last edited by 07blackg5; 06-10-2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2009, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by 07blackg5
i can spin my tires into second with 215's. not chirp, but like a one mississippi spin. i chirped into third once, but i usually cant because i'm too scared to jam it into third (my 2-3 shift speed is not where it should be). ive seen this video too many times:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I...rom_198597.htm

ha ha ha, but it scares me

2.2 btw
Im still calling BS. Unless ur third starts at 30 mph I seriously doubt it.

At the track, I can see it because the track is sticky as hell. On the street, no way.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:54 PM

I have owned many F body cars and other cars that are quicker than my 2.2 Cobalt.
I bought mine when they had gas at $4.50 a gallon.
The decision to not go with a V-6 or V-8 was based off of the fact.
This was also my only new car I ever bought.
I always bought used only, and figured I would finally take the plunge.

I had to remember that insurance on an SS/SC would be more than I would like to pay per month, especially when it costed about $50 a fill-up for my car and happens 2xs a week.

I could not even consider a V-8 that guzzles gas or a car that had to use 91+ octane gas at the time.

I am impressed on how good the 2.2 excellerates for how small the motor is.

When I pondered wanting more power, I looked at the price differential of the LS vs SS vs SS/SC and said hell I can spend $5000 in mods for the savings in price to the SC and turbo my car if I really wanted.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mike85220
I have owned many F body cars and other cars that are quicker than my 2.2 Cobalt.
I bought mine when they had gas at $4.50 a gallon.
The decision to not go with a V-6 or V-8 was based off of the fact.
This was also my only new car I ever bought.
I always bought used only, and figured I would finally take the plunge.

I had to remember that insurance on an SS/SC would be more than I would like to pay per month, especially when it costed about $50 a fill-up for my car and happens 2xs a week.

I could not even consider a V-8 that guzzles gas or a car that had to use 91+ octane gas at the time.

I am impressed on how good the 2.2 excellerates for how small the motor is.

When I pondered wanting more power, I looked at the price differential of the LS vs SS vs SS/SC and said hell I can spend $5000 in mods for the savings in price to the SC and turbo my car if I really wanted.
a turbo helps with gas mileage
Old 06-10-2009, 06:05 PM

I had a 1987 Dodge Daytona 2.2 turbocharged with an automatic and it always got me 37mpg, seriously. I never understood why it got such good mpg, it was completely stock.

It weighed a lot more than my old Geo POS Storm and got 9 more mpg consistantly than it did.

This is not a measure of what it did at its maximum, this was its average inner city and freeway driving.

It only had 8 valves, but they were big and had a turbo to back it.

I also did not race the car.

It also had a turbo that needed replaced as it had shaft play.

My wife's Sunfire with 2.2 Ecotec got 37mpg only when it had the cruise control on and did 100% freeway miles. I was impressed, but still wondered why the Daytona did so dang good on mileage. I did not go off what the nav computer said either.

I would always fill up when my trip hit 370ish miles and it would only take in 10 gallons.
I never wait for the tank to get too low.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Slobodan Milošević

Im still calling BS. Unless ur third starts at 30 mph I seriously doubt it.

At the track, I can see it because the track is sticky as hell. On the street, no way.

how is it that hard to believe that someone could chirp shifting into third with a fast enough shift? like i said i did it once. its not an everyday occurrence. but then again, i do put down more than most 2.2's, but thats beside the point.

and if the track is sticky, wouldnt it be harder to break traction? not the other way around?
Old 06-10-2009, 06:27 PM

how is it that hard to believe that someone could chirp shifting into third with a fast enough shift? like i said i did it once. its not an everyday occurrence. but then again, i do put down more than most 2.2's, but thats beside the point.

and if the track is sticky, wouldnt it be harder to break traction? not the other way around?
tracks are treated with a tire softening compound. When you smoke the tires, and coat them with this compound they become stickier. The stickier they are the easier it is to spin them. The easier the spin, the less the chance of wheel hop.

if youve been to a track before you will notice how easy it is to spin the wheels as opposed to trying to spin them cold on the street.

and honestly, those cars dont make enough power to spin or chirp anything at above 40 mph. No way in hell. Unless u rev it to 8k rpms and drop the clutch, its not happening. I can easily roast my tires in second gear without dropping the clutch at 40 mph. I also have over 300 whp. I can promise youre no where near that limit.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:00 PM

hell even in second u shouldnt spin alll the way through. I smell ricer....

^just as I had thought. Vinyl stripes and spoiler add 10000 whp.
Quit being such a douchebag. I said the car wheel hops not spins all the way through second. The 2.2 is my daily driver and certainly not fast. Come off your high horse because if you think your supercharged cobalt is fast then i hope your kidding.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by exiged
Quit being such a douchebag. I said the car wheel hops not spins all the way through second. The 2.2 is my daily driver and certainly not fast. Come off your high horse because if you think your supercharged cobalt is fast then i hope your kidding.
well you could fill your front trani mount and your wheel hop would stop.
my supercharged 2.2 is slow because its a 2.2 i knew i shoulda bought a fail 2.0
Old 06-10-2009, 09:39 PM

Yeah, I'm working on this too.

Oh.. I just noticed you have a 2.4L.. You should really not be such a dick..

I don't mean to come of like a dick, i was just callin it as i see it. Dont get bent out of shape over something so small. I guess i'm just used to the talk from the SC and TC folks as i've been here for a while (member #41). And yes 2.2 turbo's can be fast...so can alot of cars when you put FI on them.

hey there spanky. I wouldnt talk if I were u ur not exactly driving something remotely fast. Especially when Ive seen 2.2l balts hang right next to 2.4l's.
When did i say it was fast? Its not at all, i'm realistic about what i drive unlike alot of people on here. And i know 2.2 balts hang right with 2.4's i've raced my buddies 2.2...i pulled but nothing crazy they are what maybe a 10-15whp difference stock?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Banned

Ive got an 06 coablt ls and i can burn my tires down all day no problem :/
Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 PM

Honestly a intake won't do much for you.At least get a custom exhaust system,new downpipe,and header.Then you will know a difference for a 2.2.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM

I don't mean to come of like a dick, i was just callin it as i see it. Dont get bent out of shape over something so small. I guess i'm just used to the talk from the SC and TC folks as i've been here for a while (member #41). And yes 2.2 turbo's can be fast...so can alot of cars when you put FI on them.

When did i say it was fast? Its not at all, i'm realistic about what i drive unlike alot of people on here. And i know 2.2 balts hang right with 2.4's i've raced my buddies 2.2...i pulled but nothing crazy they are what maybe a 10-15whp difference stock?
Just for the sake of not arguing anymore, I'm going to call truce.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Slobodan Milošević

tracks are treated with a tire softening compound. When you smoke the tires, and coat them with this compound they become stickier. The stickier they are the easier it is to spin them. The easier the spin, the less the chance of wheel hop.

if youve been to a track before you will notice how easy it is to spin the wheels as opposed to trying to spin them cold on the street.

and honestly, those cars dont make enough power to spin or chirp anything at above 40 mph. No way in hell. Unless u rev it to 8k rpms and drop the clutch, its not happening. I can easily roast my tires in second gear without dropping the clutch at 40 mph. I also have over 300 whp. I can promise youre no where near that limit.

so when did this become an ego trip?

all i said is that i have done it. if you dont believe it, thats your choice.

and just to clarify, im not saying that i nail it in 3rd and chirp the tires. i'm saying that i have chirped the tires shifting from 2nd to 3rd.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM

so when did this become an ego trip?

all i said is that i have done it. if you dont believe it, thats your choice.

and just to clarify, im not saying that i nail it in 3rd and chirp the tires. i'm saying that i have chirped the tires shifting from 2nd to 3rd.
I've done it to. Don't feel bad they all get insecure really easy and start flaming you when they realize they aren't good enough driver's to pull that off. All i have to do is rev it up to 3500 and pop the clutch to burn out, and my tires are brand new. From a stop, when I want to launch it right, on the STREET, First, second, and third chirp. It's just how you drive it, not what engine it has. Good Grief. For everyone who says that LS's can't be fast, come take a ride with me, I'll show you what they can do when you provoke them...
Old 06-10-2009, 11:39 PM

Like the 2.4 is that much faster than a 2.2. I've driven a 2.4 5-speed once, and you shouldn't be talking bub.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 AM

hell i bet i could take a 2.4 with my oil pan pissing oil and my dp rattling against my sway bar. (both of which its doing atm)

Quick Reply: my car has no balls anymore