2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

My Pacesetter Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the pacsetter Header on my 2.2 Eco Sunfire,I got the ceramic coated one,And 5 years later its still looking good...As far as cracking goes,if you are using a header of any sort you should always use better motor mounts and tranny mounts..But i will buy another one when i need to..
Old 09-11-2009, 08:29 AM

If I cut the stock downpipe, could I use an exhaust clamp for the donut flange that comes with the header until i get it welded?
Old 09-12-2009, 12:09 PM

Yes You can..Just get it welded soon,Also I would add a flex pipe instead of using the soilid one..Will take off some of the stress to the header..
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastone
Yes You can..Just get it welded soon,Also I would add a flex pipe instead of using the soilid one..Will take off some of the stress to the header..
X2 add a flex... The Turbo Tech Racing mounts help a TON also to remove engine movement.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:06 AM

I was reading over the instructions that came with the header, and it says to cut the stock d/p in two locations? I will not get it to fit by just cutting the upper flange off and putting on the donut flange?

If anyone has experience (detailed) on how to use the stock downpipe with minimal welding, that would be great.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
X2 add a flex... The Turbo Tech Racing mounts help a TON also to remove engine movement.
TTR mount FTW, i just installed mine over the weekend, man...hahah when the AC is on i can feel the diffrence lol, def helped with wheel hop, now if only there was a magic solution to wheel spin :p
Originally Posted by NexTnmE
I was reading over the instructions that came with the header, and it says to cut the stock d/p in two locations? I will not get it to fit by just cutting the upper flange off and putting on the donut flange?

If anyone has experience (detailed) on how to use the stock downpipe with minimal welding, that would be great.
only do the cut at the top, right at the weld were the pipe meets the cat...ignore the bottom cut...its for removing the downstep on the dp to match te catback...or if you have a catback go ahead and have it all welded, but its not a requirement
Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jn2
TTR mount FTW, i just installed mine over the weekend, man...hahah when the AC is on i can feel the diffrence lol, def helped with wheel hop, now if only there was a magic solution to wheel spin :p

only do the cut at the top, right at the weld were the pipe meets the cat...ignore the bottom cut...its for removing the downstep on the dp to match te catback...or if you have a catback go ahead and have it all welded, but its not a requirement
awesome. thanks!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:49 AM

I honestly hate to say this...but i have the lsj SC manifold and down pipeon my car....and I love it!!! But for everyone saying that they would rather have the lsj manifold....Its exactly the same as the stock ls lol. Just a different bung location for the sensor. Hope this helps some peoples opinion.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:08 PM

The LSJ mani IS NOT the same as the 2.2 mani...the primaries are larger, the collector is not D shaped like the 2.2 mani, and it will give a little bit of an increase, just not nearly as much as an aftermarket header/dp. Now whether it's worth it or not is up to you.

I can get an LSJ mani for $25 locally and because I'm auto, I would go aftermarket DP for an auto...but if I'm doing that, I may as well just spend the extra money on the aftermarket header as well. I'll be going with Vibrant, ZZP, or Racing Solutions (probably ZZP). I have an LSJ cat-back to be installed when I get around to buying my header/dp...got that for $45 locally, can't beat that price. Performance increase for minimal money is always good (even if that increase is minimal or just a little more than minimal).
Old 09-26-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 007CobaltLS
The LSJ mani IS NOT the same as the 2.2 mani...the primaries are larger, the collector is not D shaped like the 2.2 mani, and it will give a little bit of an increase, just not nearly as much as an aftermarket header/dp. Now whether it's worth it or not is up to you.

I can get an LSJ mani for $25 locally and because I'm auto, I would go aftermarket DP for an auto...but if I'm doing that, I may as well just spend the extra money on the aftermarket header as well. I'll be going with Vibrant, ZZP, or Racing Solutions (probably ZZP). I have an LSJ cat-back to be installed when I get around to buying my header/dp...got that for $45 locally, can't beat that price. Performance increase for minimal money is always good (even if that increase is minimal or just a little more than minimal).
about how much of an increase would you expect with the lsj cat back? it's 2.25" right? and than mine (2.4) is 2"?