2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

my thoughts on the 2.2s

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey awesome car. but unless its the light...it looks like the kit is painted a shade or two off. you should go and demand they fix it. unless its the light. i like the flame sticker btw. good luck with it
Old 09-15-2006, 12:52 AM

yeah its just the light, weird huh. in all the pictures theres one part that looks darker(like on the pictures of the front/back it looks like the part below the pinstripe is darker than above). and yeah, ever since i started driving a standard i shift every 10 mph about, just because i can feel the car. is it ok to shift into second whenever i take a corner(like turn onto a street etc) thats what my mom taught me to do, and i do it so i'm used to it.

i cant wait til i get money to make a custom exhaust, it usually what i do to all my cars since its so expensive to get a pre made one, i just go to the nearest muffler shop and have them bend some piping. only part that sucks is they dont mandrel bend...but in the cobalts it doesnt bend much so its not too bad. i want to make a custom flowmaster dual exhaust, since i have the dual tips. i had a flowmaster catback on my old cobalt, but i only had it on for 20 minutes before it was wrecked....so i dont remember much of what it sounded like , other than good. thinking about having it y'd right after the suspension, and bring it across the trunk, trying to stay far away from the rear bumper(so people cant see the pipe) but also as far away as possiblef rom that fuel box/lines lol.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:45 AM

wrecked in 20min?

Originally Posted by nomoreavril
yeah its just the light, weird huh. in all the pictures theres one part that looks darker(like on the pictures of the front/back it looks like the part below the pinstripe is darker than above). and yeah, ever since i started driving a standard i shift every 10 mph about, just because i can feel the car. is it ok to shift into second whenever i take a corner(like turn onto a street etc) thats what my mom taught me to do, and i do it so i'm used to it.

i cant wait til i get money to make a custom exhaust, it usually what i do to all my cars since its so expensive to get a pre made one, i just go to the nearest muffler shop and have them bend some piping. only part that sucks is they dont mandrel bend...but in the cobalts it doesnt bend much so its not too bad. i want to make a custom flowmaster dual exhaust, since i have the dual tips. i had a flowmaster catback on my old cobalt, but i only had it on for 20 minutes before it was wrecked....so i dont remember much of what it sounded like , other than good. thinking about having it y'd right after the suspension, and bring it across the trunk, trying to stay far away from the rear bumper(so people cant see the pipe) but also as far away as possiblef rom that fuel box/lines lol.
Now that's a tragedy! What happened to your ride?
Old 10-18-2006, 04:56 AM

i let my friend drive it so i could hear how it sounds, and he's apparently mentally retarded and doesnt know how to take very slight turns.