2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Need Sum Help Asap!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Sum Help Asap!!!!

Alrite, so I don't kno if neone else has had the same problem, but up here in Alaska the roads r kinda nasty, n the raditor on the cobalts is very prone to damage when the front end bottoms out (already broke one). But i was lookin to install a skid plate under my radiator to protect it from damage. I was wondering if neone knew of a company that makes skid plates for this application, or if I;m gonna have to go ahead and fabricate one of my own. Plz give me your input cuz i'm at stock ride height now, but im planning on dropping to car very soon, so it doesnt look like a 4x4 and handles better.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:44 PM

Ur most likely gonna have to make ur own. It shouldn't be too hard tho. my question is, if the roads are that bad that it's already tearing up your car, why would you wanna drop it and make it worse?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:46 PM

don't drop it, and just save your money for an SUV. i would never own a car and live in alaska, i heard they have the worst roads, many of them are not even fully paved
Old 05-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah thats my question.

Why buy a cobalt in alaska lol? Could have bought a truck or something or like a dog sled and had better luck lol.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:10 PM

LOL a dog sled
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jason_42003
Alrite, so I don't kno if neone else has had the same problem, but up here in Alaska the roads r kinda nasty, n the raditor on the cobalts is very prone to damage when the front end bottoms out (already broke one). But i was lookin to install a skid plate under my radiator to protect it from damage. I was wondering if neone knew of a company that makes skid plates for this application, or if I;m gonna have to go ahead and fabricate one of my own. Plz give me your input cuz i'm at stock ride height now, but im planning on dropping to car very soon, so it doesnt look like a 4x4 and handles better.
I have one friend who lives near Stewart, BC. He drove there in his pontiac sunfire and it was trashed by the time he got there.
I've seen the Cassiar Hwy (#37) some sections are so bad that you would need a Range Rover to safely cross. Don't lower the balt and if you absolutely must get rid of the 4x4 look then get the Eibach Pro-kit like I have.
I take this car fishing, camping and I like rally racing through the FSR so I can't have my ride lowered.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by pacific cobalt
I have one friend who lives near Stewart, BC. He drove there in his pontiac sunfire and it was trashed by the time he got there.
I've seen the Cassiar Hwy (#37) some sections are so bad that you would need a Range Rover to safely cross. Don't lower the balt and if you absolutely must get rid of the 4x4 look then get the Eibach Pro-kit like I have.
I take this car fishing, camping and I like rally racing through the FSR so I can't have my ride lowered.
the pro kit lowers the stance too, just not as much

your statement made no sense "dont lower it, get the pro kit!" lolwut
Old 05-06-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by shawn672
the pro kit lowers the stance too, just not as much

your statement made no sense "dont lower it, get the pro kit!" lolwut
The prokit will put you at just about the stock SS/SC height only 0.5" lower in the back to get rid of the 4x4 look
I said If you ABSOLUTELY have to lower it
It's his car and up to him to decide what to do with it
Old 05-06-2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by HyperMuffin
Yeah thats my question.

Why buy a cobalt in alaska lol? Could have bought a truck or something or like a dog sled and had better luck lol.
I do got a truck... and a dog sled, we put NOS on them this winter but theyre no good in the summer. I jus like the gas milage, speed and tight handling of a car, as opposed to a truck. And I want to lower it cuz it looks rediculous now, and most roads arent that bad, its jus during breakup that sum dirt roads get nasty. I've only bottomed out the front end twice, but both times it did sum pretty big damage to the radiator, but nothing else. So if i can protect that itll b jus fine.

Originally Posted by shawn672
don't drop it, and just save your money for an SUV. i would never own a car and live in alaska, i heard they have the worst roads, many of them are not even fully paved
yeah sum r nasty, like the ones off the main roads, but for the most part the roads in town r often better than the roads u guys got down in the states, or at least the roads ive been on. But thats only cuz the material we use is alot smoother, and we don't got the gigantic ruts in the road u got

Last edited by Jason_42003; 05-06-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost