2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

neon vs cobalt 2.2L

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by solodogg
oh i wasn't talking about my car, but if you want to spray me in my car...go right ahead. You better be able to spray yourself to a low 13 second pass.

and I love the "no matter what, it's still a neon" quote. I've heard that from sooo many mustang's, camaro's, WRX's, etc. If that's all you have to come back with, I'll just sit back and laugh, because you'll have the tail lights memorized on mine.

And yep....it's still a Neon!

considering that the creator of this thread has responded at all and suddenly this guys comes in with his ultra sweet neon and starts a flame war, i get the feeling the two people are one in the same and he's just trying to show off his supperior e-thugging abilities.

I bet if you searched a couple of neon forums you would find a link to this thread with this guy causing a riot of people talking **** about a cobalt. Get a life dude.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ x2... well, some people truly have no life... i feel bad for people like him...
Old 09-18-2006, 01:02 PM

I so wish I still lived in Lafayette. I would meat the guy at IRP for open drags and show him how slow the stock Neons are.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Banned

ROFLMAO yeap, you got me. I'm the creator of the thread. Guess that just proves that you have no way of checking locations, or IP addresses, and also have no friggin common sense...

And you caught me on talking **** about cobalt's too. I guess that's why I told my g/f to buy one of those even over neons, sentra's, and every other econobox out there on the market. Boy you guys have read me like a ******* book!

And to anyone that ever wants to race...i'll be more than happy to meet anyone at Beech Bend, IRP, Gateway, or anywhere else within 3 hours of here. Put your money where your mouth is...spray me! I don't give a damn.

And search the neon forums... I regularly visit www.neons.org (Mike P screen name), www.************** (solodogg screen name) and www.2gn.org (solodogg screen name), see if it's posted on any of them. Any other attempted insults???
Old 09-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RedBaseBolt
I just love how everyone talks so tuff over the internet. It really is too bad there is a boarder and 100's of miles seperating us. I would love to race a "fast" Neon for once. It would be a nice change
yeah...it is too bad isn't it? wanna meet half way? It's time for me to go visit some northern relatives...up for the challenge??

Yeah, i'd love to race a fast Cobalt too...since the only SS here in town got embarassed by my friend in an '06 Civic SI.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:13 PM

ROFLMAO yeap, you got me. I'm the creator of the thread. Guess that just proves that you have no way of checking locations, or IP addresses, and also have no friggin common sense...

And you caught me on talking **** about cobalt's too. I guess that's why I told my g/f to buy one of those even over neons, sentra's, and every other econobox out there on the market. Boy you guys have read me like a ******* book!

And to anyone that ever wants to race...i'll be more than happy to meet anyone at Beech Bend, IRP, Gateway, or anywhere else within 3 hours of here. Put your money where your mouth is...spray me! I don't give a damn.

And search the neon forums... I regularly visit www.neons.org (Mike P screen name), www.************** (solodogg screen name) and www.2gn.org (solodogg screen name), see if it's posted on any of them. Any other attempted insults???
i just don't understand what randomly brought you to a cobalt forum to try you're superior e-thugging skills.

If you'd like to travel north, i will be a Milan Dragway in mid to late october with my stock base model cobalt. If you would like to bring some of your stock neon friends i'd love to race them but i'm not driving all over the ****** country to race a neon...sorry
Old 09-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roccityroller
i just don't understand what randomly brought you to a cobalt forum to try you're superior e-thugging skills.

If you'd like to travel north, i will be a Milan Dragway in mid to late october with my stock base model cobalt. If you would like to bring some of your stock neon friends i'd love to race them but i'm not driving all over the ****** country to race a neon...sorry
gee...my superior e-thugging skills must also be no match for your obvious lack of reading skills. How many times have I posted that I came on here to learn about some of the aftermarket for my girlfriend's new '07 Cobalt? Maybe if i'd just start talking **** about it more often, i'd get more help on here...since just like SRTforums...people only post when you put someone's panties in a bunch. Sorry that your ***** hurts today...maybe if you'd clean it every once in a while you'd be in a better mood.

I also love your sig quote "put that in their compressor housing and spool it". Okay....i'll grab my dyno sheet later this evening and scan it in. 241hp/268ft.lbs. and my torque curve is flat as hell from 2k to 5.8kRPM. My power also falls off before redline, so that I can fully take advantage of all the car has. And that's spooling like hell in my compressor housing.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:28 PM

Hey all i hate to tell you but i know for a fact solo can drive. As stated in his previous posts he has won first place at Mopar Nationals in 2003 he is one of the most respected guys here in town for his knowledge on cars and his ability to drive. He has never been in a wreck and has the best time in several cars around town.

I am not gonna lie i am the girlfriend. He did come on here to look at aftermarket for me and seeing what we can do to make my car better. But guys i have seen the cars run both neons, celicas, and cobalts and i have seen the best runs out of neons. I am not doubting cobalts are quick but it was a dead even run between the celica and the cobalt. I was in the passenger seat.

Jill
Old 09-18-2006, 01:37 PM

gee...my superior e-thugging skills must also be no match for your obvious lack of reading skills. How many times have I posted that I came on here to learn about some of the aftermarket for my girlfriend's new '07 Cobalt? Maybe if i'd just start talking **** about it more often, i'd get more help on here...since just like SRTforums...people only post when you put someone's panties in a bunch. Sorry that your ***** hurts today...maybe if you'd clean it every once in a while you'd be in a better mood.

I also love your sig quote "put that in their compressor housing and spool it". Okay....i'll grab my dyno sheet later this evening and scan it in. 241hp/268ft.lbs. and my torque curve is flat as hell from 2k to 5.8kRPM. My power also falls off before redline, so that I can fully take advantage of all the car has. And that's spooling like hell in my compressor housing.
?!?!? that quote was in no way directed at you or your car and dont know why you'd even bring it up. and honestly i have never seen a single post about you looking for aftermarket help for your g/f's cobalt. i would have been happy to help you find anything like that had i seen the post.

However, no, you coming on here and attacking our cars is not a way to get help. I'm sorry but i do not see a stock base model neon running a high 14 second pass, no matter how good the driver is. now if you would like to provide some proof of a STOCK, base model neon running a high 14 second pass i owuld be happy to take back all my statements about neons. All we're arguing is that we've run stock neons. i know i put about 3 cars on one on sat.

And besides you're the one getting all defensive, all i was saying is that it's pretty stupid to come onto a COBALT forum and talk trash about cobalts and then when someone argues that a stock cobalt is faster than a stock neon you go "well my modded neon is sooo fast ill run everyone on here" it makes you look extremely immature and ignorant.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Banned

this thread makes all involved look stupid... there is no point to this thread, and it doesn't accomplish anything... give it up, start in a new post, and don't compare neons to cobalts... whether you were bashing or not, if one of us were to go on a neon website and talk about how cobalts beat stock neons, the same thing would be happening...

everyone just give it a rest, it's not worth your breath... anyone that knows anything about cars knows that a stock base cobalt will beat a stock base neon... fighting about it proves nothing, fact is fact... they're BOTH slow cars, so who cares which one is faster...
Old 09-18-2006, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t

this thread makes all involved look stupid... there is no point to this thread, and it doesn't accomplish anything... give it up, start in a new post, and don't compare neons to cobalts... whether you were bashing or not, if one of us were to go on a neon website and talk about how cobalts beat stock neons, the same thing would be happening...

everyone just give it a rest, it's not worth your breath... anyone that knows anything about cars knows that a stock base cobalt will beat a stock base neon... fighting about it proves nothing, fact is fact... they're BOTH slow cars, so who cares which one is faster...

i agree...i did manage to burn a few hours of work tho
Old 09-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned

well if you guys would look at my join date...it's only been a couple of days. This thread and another were 2 that stuck out at me..and i'm sorry, but when you read **** like this, and see it's just another typical car forum where everyone thinks their cars are the best thing since sliced bread...of course i'm gonna reply back.

Also...I never once mentioned a high 14 second 1/4 mile stock 2nd gen neon. But, I can show you a high 14 second 1/4 mile DOHC 1g neon if you want to see that. I used to have a black 2002 R/T that ran a 10.00 @ 72mph 100% bone stock in the 1/8th mile, and only got slower with modifications. That's why i've moved up to the FI market, and decided to go sleeper this time.

I agree with the last comment made... they're both slow, and who cares who wins the race. That's got to be the most respectable comment made thus far. If we had a stock cobalt ls and a stock neon se racing on the highway...we'd look like a bunch of ******* dumbasses to the guy in the mustang cobra that comes flying past while eating a beef burrito and talking on the cell phone!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roccityroller
i agree...i did manage to burn a few hours of work tho
and I didn't mean that your quote in your sig was directed towards me...but the supercharger vs. turbocharger debate will go on forever. Just simply pointing out that turbo's can have flat torque curves too...
Old 09-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned

well if you guys would look at my join date...it's only been a couple of days. This thread and another were 2 that stuck out at me..and i'm sorry, but when you read **** like this, and see it's just another typical car forum where everyone thinks their cars are the best thing since sliced bread...of course i'm gonna reply back.

Also...I never once mentioned a high 14 second 1/4 mile stock 2nd gen neon. But, I can show you a high 14 second 1/4 mile DOHC 1g neon if you want to see that. I used to have a black 2002 R/T that ran a 10.00 @ 72mph 100% bone stock in the 1/8th mile, and only got slower with modifications. That's why i've moved up to the FI market, and decided to go sleeper this time.

I agree with the last comment made... they're both slow, and who cares who wins the race. That's got to be the most respectable comment made thus far. If we had a stock cobalt ls and a stock neon se racing on the highway...we'd look like a bunch of ******* dumbasses to the guy in the mustang cobra that comes flying past while eating a beef burrito and talking on the cell phone!
thank you... and like i said, this is just a touchy subject for some here... but, you'll find that most of us have respect for other cars, and not all of us think that the cobalt is the best thing ever made... yes, we love our cars, or we wouldn't be posting on a cobalt forum...

that being said, don't judge everyone on the site because a few people don't know how to conduct themselves... and welcome!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Banned

thanks

i'm all about different types of cars. Hell, i've even considered selling my swap car and buying a 2.4L SS, but I don't think i'd be happy without the power It's bad when 240 horses in a FWD car just doesn't excite you anymore LOL
Old 09-18-2006, 02:04 PM

if you'd like to pm me, i would be happy to help you find stuff for you're g/f's 'balt, other than that, i'm through with this thread, i have to get SOME work done.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

thanks

i'm all about different types of cars. Hell, i've even considered selling my swap car and buying a 2.4L SS, but I don't think i'd be happy without the power It's bad when 240 horses in a FWD car just doesn't excite you anymore LOL
haha... nice... well i would just ditch this post, and move on... people will forget about this one, and you can learn about the cobalt... if you have any questions feel free to ask away... you can pm me anytime.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:44 PM

To keep beating a dead horse, I just killed a neon on the way home from school..only 0-60 though. My friend in his black 06' civic was following but also couldnt keep up.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:01 PM

What kinda Crack have you been smoking my friend? I have an AUTO Cobalt 2.2L and I almost beat a Celica GT-S. Celica's (no matter what model) are Shlow.

Also there is only 2 Neon models that can beat even the slowest Cobalt. The Sport model 150 hp 5 speed and the SRT-4. Any other model doesn't even compair.

i have a very hard time beleiving you you kept up with the gt-s...they make 180hp and i actually think they weigh less than you do.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
i have a very hard time beleiving you you kept up with the gt-s...they make 180hp and i actually think they weigh less than you do.
180 HP 130lbs/ft torque. Big difference than just saying 180hp. Same thing with the new Civic SI, decent amount of HP, but no torque.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:27 PM

Yep, the GT-S only one by a car and a half. I was actually expecting to get spanked but I was greatly surprised that they are a lot slower then I originally thought.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:28 PM

yes, but with a car that light the lack of torque doesn't really take away much. the new si is far faster than the 2.2 even tho it doesn't have much torque. torque and hp count.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:29 PM

Yep, the GT-S only one by a car and a half. I was actually expecting to get spanked but I was greatly surprised that they are a lot slower then I originally thought.

lol well that makes more sense....a car and a half isnt almost beating imo.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:08 PM

The whole debate between the neon and the cobalt can be summed up in one part. And this goes to solodog er whatever ya are. I looked at your pics of your neon, and yea it looks good, but my question is, how many head gaskets do ya put in that thing every year? Haven't heard anything about the 2.2 ecotec needing that kind of overhaul on a yearly basis.... When you get something real, like anything other than a dodge, let me know, and yea i'll race your stock neon against my stock cobalt with a 2.2.... I'm your taker, now come on up to the tundra and get me, tag your it.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jpulch
The whole debate between the neon and the cobalt can be summed up in one part. And this goes to solodog er whatever ya are. I looked at your pics of your neon, and yea it looks good, but my question is, how many head gaskets do ya put in that thing every year? Haven't heard anything about the 2.2 ecotec needing that kind of overhaul on a yearly basis.... When you get something real, like anything other than a dodge, let me know, and yea i'll race your stock neon against my stock cobalt with a 2.2.... I'm your taker, now come on up to the tundra and get me, tag your it.

take a hike loser

Quick Reply: neon vs cobalt 2.2L