2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

New to the form, but have some question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the form, but have some question

Sup CSS.NET well im going to try and make a long story short i use to own a 06 ss/sc but about a month its was really windy and a tree fell on my car most of the damage was on the roof so it was a total loss. the car was already payed for so i got a good amount of money and i bought the car back, for i could maybe build it. well i came across a good deal on a 06 cobalt ls with 64k miles i was going to do a ls/ss swap but looks like im going to put a downpayment on a camaro ss instead so as of now my ls cobalt is going to be my daily so i have a couple of question.

1.which vaccuum line do i use to seafoam

2. its a 5 speed how long do you think the cluth will last for normal driving

3.any problems i should be aware of at 64k miles
Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06LSbalt_ss
Sup CSS.NET well im going to try and make a long story short i use to own a 06 ss/sc but about a month its was really windy and a tree fell on my car most of the damage was on the roof so it was a total loss. the car was already payed for so i got a good amount of money and i bought the car back, for i could maybe build it. well i came across a good deal on a 06 cobalt ls with 64k miles i was going to do a ls/ss swap but looks like im going to put a downpayment on a camaro ss instead so as of now my ls cobalt is going to be my daily so i have a couple of question.

1. Brake booster line. Next to the clutch/brake fluid reservoir, then down and to the right a little. You'll know, as the line traces back to the intake manifold, and it's a pretty big hose.

2. Entire life of the car if driven "properly", even if not, the most I could see a LS with bolt-ons and a tune going through is maybe 1 clutch.

3. At my work, a lot of Cobalt's that come in have lower CAB bushings that are shot.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM

Did the steering column get replaced on it already? That was one of the recals from GM on every cobalt. Mine is 08 ss luckily got replace by warranty, others report it going off at different milage.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackSS
Did the steering column get replaced on it already? That was one of the recals from GM on every cobalt. Mine is 08 ss luckily got replace by warranty, others report it going off at different milage.
i dont think so i will check with my local dealer for any recalls by the way wasnt there one on a fuel pump or something
Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackSS
Yeah, what's up with that?.. My mom told me that my car had a recall, but I never got anything in the mail.. I have a 2008 LS.

Should I bring it in anyway?.. I mean what's wrong with the steering column?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx
1. Brake booster line. Next to the clutch/brake fluid reservoir, then down and to the right a little. You'll know, as the line traces back to the intake manifold, and it's a pretty big hose.

2. Entire life of the car if driven "properly", even if not, the most I could see a LS with bolt-ons and a tune going through is maybe 1 clutch.

3. At my work, a lot of Cobalt's that come in have lower CAB bushings that are shot.
thanks i also want to do a full tune here the list tell me if im missing anything

fuel filter
air filter
oil filter
change oil
spark plugs
any thing else im missing
Old 02-09-2010, 02:52 PM

thanks i also want to do a full tune here the list tell me if im missing anything

fuel filter
air filter
oil filter
change oil
spark plugs
any thing else im missing
Fuel filter: $55 (ACDelco)
Air filter: Not sure about this because I have a CAI, but I'd guess like $25
Oil filter: $6 (ACDelco)
5Quarts of fully synthetic: $25 (Mobil 1)
Spark plugs: $26 (ACDelco)

That looks about right to me. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours for everything.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:55 PM

Yeah, what's up with that?.. My mom told me that my car had a recall, but I never got anything in the mail.. I have a 2008 LS.

Should I bring it in anyway?.. I mean what's wrong with the steering column?
I would, to get it out of the way to get it replaced with updated parts otherwise its like $2,800 worth of parts and labor,check out if the warranty covers that, mine did cuz I still had mint milage on it, around 800, anyways something to do with the electrical powersteering and it locks up sometimes, im usually not a safety freak about things but this is a serious issue especially when ur driving on the highway, if it happens put the car in neutral and start it again while the car's still rolling.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM

I will be selling all my ss parts soon so keep a look out for them.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Fuel filter: $55 (ACDelco)
Air filter: Not sure about this because I have a CAI, but I'd guess like $25
Oil filter: $6 (ACDelco)
5Quarts of fully synthetic: $25 (Mobil 1)
Spark plugs: $26 (ACDelco)

That looks about right to me. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours for everything.

are you sayin that a fuel filter cost $55?!! i got mine for like $15 OEM replacement at autozone

but OP, you also replace your cabin filter around this time. and when you do change your fuel filter remember theres a special tool that you need to get the lines off. after spendin like 30 minutes on my car i said "**** this ****" and came on here for a how to and figured that out lol