2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

questions about 2.2 and K&N filter for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions about 2.2 and K&N filter for sale

i've got a 2005 2.2 ls. im gonna change all my fluids (engine, transmission, radiator, and power streering) to royal purple, but i need to know how much quarts of trans. fluid im going to need. i have an auto trans, so would i need to get the royal purple gear oil aswell or is that only for manual trans? im also going to change my head gasket. im going to buy one fom turbotechracing.com, but i dont kno which size to get...so if anyone can take a look at it and tell me please. O yea...would anyone be interested in buying a K&N stock replacment air filter, i got a Injen CAI so i dont need it any more. just let me kno if your interested and i'll see what i can work out with you
Old 06-05-2006, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by lil_kano
i've got a 2005 2.2 ls. im gonna change all my fluids (engine, transmission, radiator, and power streering) to royal purple, but i need to know how much quarts of trans. fluid im going to need. i have an auto trans, so would i need to get the royal purple gear oil aswell or is that only for manual trans? im also going to change my head gasket. im going to buy one fom turbotechracing.com, but i dont kno which size to get...so if anyone can take a look at it and tell me please. O yea...would anyone be interested in buying a K&N stock replacment air filter, i got a Injen CAI so i dont need it any more. just let me kno if your interested and i'll see what i can work out with you

First off, your tranny is ok. Dont change the fluid in it, and if you do use the the recommended dexron 3 or greater ATF. We dont have power steering resoviors so dont worry about that. Your radiator is good as well,coolant is good up to 105,000 miles i beleive, so thats good too, unless of course you have that many miles. Next, why change out headgaskets ? Are you going*o be b*sting, hat reRon do Au haveBor getHng oneIthe stTker sh ld hol*up fin*
Old 06-05-2006, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by dnbguy86
First off, your tranny is ok. Dont change the fluid in it, and if you do use the the recommended dexron 3 or greater ATF. We dont have power steering resoviors so dont worry about that. Your radiator is good as well,coolant is good up to 105,000 miles i beleive, so thats good too, unless of course you have that many miles. Next, why change out headgaskets ? Are you going to be boosting, what reason do you have for getting one, the stocker should hold up fine.
well i bought the car used, from a credit union, and im pretty sure who ever had it then was driving pretty much like how im driving it now but maybe even worse so i just wana change them so i that i know everything is in good shape. royal purple says it can be used in replacemnet of the dexron 3, i already did my research. o and about the head gasket i am going to be boosting eventually, but im changing it right now because mines has a little leak and im the type of person that likes to get the "good stuff" if im going to get something so since im going to change it anyway i might aswell think ahead and get one for what im going to need it for any way. the gasket comes in diff. sizes of 87MM i belive, but our engines have 86MM bores, so im nt sure what size of 87MM to get. if you could help me with this stuff i would appreciate it. thanx
Old 06-05-2006, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you swap all that fluid u will prolly pick up a few horse too.

On Muscle Car Garage or something they tested a bone stock camaro SS with regular fluid then royal purple everything(except RAD) and that car put down an extra 8 hp to the wheels with just fluid changes.

I'm sure it wouldn't be that drastic with our cars but I would expect at least a little gain from the tranny fluid change. Royal Purple claims it's tranny fuild lets more power get to the wheels and I believe it.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by lil_kano
well i bought the car used, from a credit union, and im pretty sure who ever had it then was driving pretty much like how im driving it now but maybe even worse so i just wana change them so i that i know everything is in good shape. royal purple says it can be used in replacemnet of the dexron 3, i already did my research. o and about the head gasket i am going to be boosting eventually, but im changing it right now because mines has a little leak and im the type of person that likes to get the "good stuff" if im going to get something so since im going to change it anyway i might aswell think ahead and get one for what im going to need it for any way. the gasket comes in diff. sizes of 87MM i belive, but our engines have 86MM bores, so im nt sure what size of 87MM to get. if you could help me with this stuff i would appreciate it. thanx

If you have to replace the headgasket, that should already tell you what kinda condition the car is in, and you should SELL it immediately. Just my opinion, it would appear the car is hurting, just put it out of its misery and trade it in...
Old 06-09-2006, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by dnbguy86
If you have to replace the headgasket, that should already tell you what kinda condition the car is in, and you should SELL it immediately. Just my opinion, it would appear the car is hurting, just put it out of its misery and trade it in...
itz not in the kind of condition you think it is or anything close to that. i just wana get the part for later, when im going to need it.