2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

So...building HHO (Hydrogen) Fuel Cell this weekend....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im with ya

I was looking into this too. Wehn others can't fathom a thoguht in their head they start bashing. kinda like columbus and around the world. Good luck dude.

Originally Posted by TVS_SS
the whole problem is that you wont get any MPG improvement.. You wont see any gas saving other than in your head..

If you see 10-25mpg improvement, this would instantly be adopted on every production vechicle tomorrow. The fact of the matter is.. automotive engineers are typically smarter than sketchy backyard mechanics that are good at marketing their product. Shall i mention the "tornado" yet again? Or how about the 200mpg carburetor?

Now you say you dont want to run it on 100% hydrogen.. so you want to run it on say 70% gas and 30% hydrogen? Why dont you take this to another extreme and run your car on 70% gas and 30% diesel? tell me why that doesnt work? If you cannot, then i am afraid you cannot tell me that 30% hydrogen will work..

I guess i dont care if you buy it or not.. i was only trying to save you a few bucks. but unfortuantely it doesnt matter.. and i wont feel bad when your money was wasted.
To tell ya the truth, the car manu's are more fore destropying any backyard "scientists" there was a guy in the late 70's mid 80's cant remember. that got his chrysler something or other from PA to florida on one tank of gas, with a carbi. Chrysler automatically bought everything and the rights to his pursuit for $1 mill and destroyed everything. So now I beg to differ with car companies. They are too stuck up there ass to adopt from a consumer. Its all economics and politics.

Last edited by clumsykx; 06-16-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-16-2008, 02:15 PM

pretty good article about boosters and renewable energy

I found this site that looks at several different energy sources. I am posting a link to chapter 10 as it talks about vehicles in specific.

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter10.pdf

happy reading.
jim
Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
We finished that 128oz generator, but that is physically too big for my engine bay, or for the bay of a solstice for that matter, so now we need to make one that fits. At first we didn't expect to be able to make it work so we didn't give everything full consideration. Now that we know it works we will have to make it fit to see if it actually functions as intended.
You can make it fit easily. Just add this
Old 06-16-2008, 02:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bzzt
You can make it fit easily. Just add this

just add a little febreeze and that thing will be good as new.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:51 PM

so WTF. Can you nay sayers and **** go away so we can just keep bumping this until avenger actually posts on wether or not it has worked. Because I want to believe that this **** works, because gas prices suck.

there is a saying about nay saying. "Those that say it cant be done, are standing in the way of those trying to do it." A black man could never be president, you cant go to the moon, corn for fuel? WTF, ALL THIS **** IS ****.

Avenger, Get 'er done, ffs so we can know one way or the other. then the nay sayers can start tehir own little circle jerking thread about how they were right and everyone elese was wrong. thanks GG, STFU.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:03 AM
j27
Banned

Ok I have completed my first test run on the car. All I did was to start the car and fed hho into the primary vacuum line. The engen at first ran bad but after a wile of starting and stopping the mooter the computer compensated and it began to run smooth. All of the engen vibrations where gone it seemed to rev quicker the colent temp was 197-199 the exhaust was hotter than normal all in all things seam to have worked in our favor. sorry no vids can't find camera If you live in the mid south I can use all healp I can get. I need help with mounting it on the car and proper wire ring of the generator to make it reliable for every day use.

O I built a duel 4 plate set up tested to be close to 1 L per minute have not yet to test actual out put on car. I suspect around 2 L per minute.

Last edited by j27; 06-17-2008 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by j27
Ok I have completed my first test run on the car. All I did was to start the car and fed hho into the primary vacuum line. The engen at first ran bad but after a wile of starting and stopping the mooter the computer compensated and it began to run smooth. All of the engen vibrations where gone it seemed to rev quicker the colent temp was 197-199 the exhaust was hotter than normal all in all things seam to have worked in our favor. sorry no vids can't find camera If you live in the mid south I can use all healp I can get. I need help with mounting it on the car and proper wire ring of the generator to make it reliable for every day use.

O I built a duel 4 plate set up tested to be close to 1 L per minute have not yet to test actual out put on car. I suspect around 2 L per minute.
did you get mpg results?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 AM
j27
Banned

Originally Posted by impulseballer
did you get mpg results?
No this was only to test the effects and safe ness on the car I need help mounting it in the car.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by j27
No this was only to test the effects and safe ness on the car I need help mounting it in the car.
gotcha.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:15 AM

all of you guys that are fighting are wasting your time, one thing i have learned is that people will alway say things cant be done and others will, hell it was like this when the light bulb was created... anyway i am going to put my two cents worth in... check out this link

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/videos.aspx

watch the commerical
Old 06-17-2008, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by lightinbalt
all of you guys that are fighting are wasting your time, one thing i have learned is that people will alway say things cant be done and others will, hell it was like this when the light bulb was created... anyway i am going to put my two cents worth in... check out this link

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/videos.aspx

watch the commerical
if you had any idea what you were talking about you would realize that commercial had NOTHING to do with this.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:51 AM

yeah cause honda isnt making a car that runs on hydrogen at all, with not a drop of gasoline... it does have something to do with it dick face!!! but i am not going to fight about it because i dont care...
Old 06-17-2008, 09:14 AM

yeah cause honda isnt making a car that runs on hydrogen at all, with not a drop of gasoline... it does have something to do with it dick face!!! but i am not going to fight about it because i dont care...
Maybe you missed the whole thread, but this HHO thing and that H2 vehicle are completely different.

For one, that H2 vehicle runs off a highly developed fuel cell.... not a back yard junk rig.
Second the FCX has a fully ECU controlled H2 injection system... not a single hose hooked to an intake.
And third, the FCX actually works... the HHO doesn't.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:54 PM

same **** different smell...
Old 06-17-2008, 01:06 PM

I see no similarities at all, as pointed out in the above post....
Therefore... different...

On this topic, I'm the wrong guy to try to argue with.....
Old 06-17-2008, 02:16 PM

what you just posted in this thread is like me posting a video of a supercharged 6 cylinder when talking about turbo diesel 8's....
Old 06-17-2008, 02:41 PM

you know cakeeater, do you even have a cobalt, because i noticed the only time you post is in bull **** furoms and all you do is put people and ideas down... does that make you feel all big and bad, sounds to me like you really need to get a life.

Originally Posted by Omega_5
I see no similarities at all, as pointed out in the above post....
Therefore... different...

On this topic, I'm the wrong guy to try to argue with.....
bud i am not going to waste my time and argue with anyone on a furom, thats just dumb... anyways it talked about a car running on hydrogen and i thought what the hell lets posted it... i dont care if this hho thing works or not, i am not putting it on my car.

Last edited by lightinbalt; 06-17-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2008, 02:43 PM

^
Whatever, you posted it.. good for you...
I told you it's not relevant... so now you know.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:10 PM

stfu
Old 06-17-2008, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by bamaarmyman19
stfu
You sir, have to learn your place....
Old 06-17-2008, 03:38 PM

I just want a goddamn TURBO. or better fuel savings, I want it NOW!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 03:41 PM

I've been sratching my head and picking my ass, looking under the hood of my car for a place to put this Mother-father. For the life of me, I don't think it's gonna fit under the hood. I noticed that my engine sticks like 4" up past the fender, and the only thing containing that thing is a bulgy hood. They really crammed this V8 in here, and it's sad because there should be all kinds of room with how big the front of the car is.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:31 PM

Oh, so you're trying it out on the 'stang? Last post I gathered you were going for the solstice. Probably a wise choice once you find out how to shoehorn it in there.

At least you're not trying to stick that gallon-sized tank under the hood of a Cobalt I'm not familiar with the Mustang's engine bay, but it must be more cramped than I thought in there.

Originally Posted by danielje
I just want a goddamn TURBO. or better fuel savings, I want it NOW!!!!!
That about sums up what everyone wants I think. Both at the same time would be even better.

Last edited by Badju587; 06-17-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Badju587
Oh, so you're trying it out on the 'stang? Last post I gathered you were going for the solstice. Probably a wise choice once you find out how to shoehorn it in there.

At least you're not trying to stick that gallon-sized tank under the hood of a Cobalt I'm not familiar with the Mustang's engine bay, but it must be more cramped than I thought in there.
There is probably more roon in the Solstice Enginebay than the Mustang. This bay looks TINY! I was looking at it yesterday after installing my FRPP plenum cover.

I work for the Sosltice Sky magazine, but we figured it was going to yield a more noticable result if any in my gashog.

Do you see a place for it? God I hate all those wires! It looks like someone killed a Matrix Sentinel in my enginebay!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
There is probably more roon in the Solstice Enginebay than the Mustang. This bay looks TINY! I was looking at it yesterday after installing my FRPP plenum cover.

I work for the Sosltice Sky magazine, but we figured it was going to yield a more noticable result if any in my gashog.

--Images Removed--
AAH!!! who the heck designed that engine bay anyway? No space there, that's for sure. Do you really need that windshield wiper fluid?

The mustang gulps twice the air, so it might be the other way around, esp. if you push the same amount of HHO into both systems. If there's less air in the engine, you need less HHO to displace it.

Even in a 2.2/2.4 though, I still don't think there will be enough gas. Testing on any engine is better than no testing though. I'd do the solstice too if you can. No such thing as too much data.

Quick Reply: So...building HHO (Hydrogen) Fuel Cell this weekend....