2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

So...building HHO (Hydrogen) Fuel Cell this weekend....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HHO gas is the latest innovation to increase gas mileage, increase power and improve emissions. Your car will not be totally dependent on water but will be a hybrid of sorts by utilizing water as a catalyst once it is broken down to HHO also known as browns gas. By using HHO gas one can expect to see and increase in gas mileage of 20 - 50%. This is not new technology but is starting to get rediscovered as gas and diesel prices continue to increase.

You can find HHO gas car kits online for hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Believe me they are worth every penny! The key here is that if you have a vehicle and you would like to make your own HHO or browns gas kit for your car or truck there is a lot of information online.

How is HHO gas utilized in your gas or diesel engine. When you convert your car to burn on water you are converting water to a gas that you engine can use. Some even refer to this as hydrogen on demand. Through a process of electrolysis water that is in a sealed container under your hood is converted to hydroxy also known as browns gas or HHO gas. This gas is then introduced to the airflow in the intake manifold using your engines vacuum. This gas is then mixed with the gasoline providing better gas mileage.

The process is so amazingly simple and the parts to build the system can be found around home or in your shop. This homemade hydrogen generator is easy to build. What you are looking at is a sealed quart size container, electrical wiring, baking soda, an automotive fuse and some vacuum hose. There is a handful of other parts but if you are wanting to make such a system it can be made for under $100 per vehicle! What is nice is it requires very little modification to your vehicle and can be removed within minutes and no one would even notice you had it installed.

There are forums online that focus HHO gas or browns gas technology as an alternative energy to reduce car emissions, increase gas mileage and improve power. HHO devices for cars are starting to get noticed. This technology has even been brought up in th news for improving gas mileage.

from here: http://ezinearticles.com/?HHO-Gas-Ca...ater&id=952112
Old 06-04-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lewisb13
wtf? If this is only 200 to get 11 more mpg im pretty sure every car in america would have it. I guarantee there is a catch.
Doubter. Yeah the problem is that they are not putting into average consumer cars because of the constant attention the HHO generator requires. And without further testing nooone wants to warranty the car with it yet.

I'll probably give this a try in either one of our test solstice, or in my personal mustang.

F*CK YEAH!

Originally Posted by invisible
When will we see a how-to?
Hey, isn't your MPG good enough? LOL!

Last edited by Psykostevo; 06-04-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2008, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
HHO gas is the latest innovation to increase gas mileage, increase power and improve emissions. Your car will not be totally dependent on water but will be a hybrid of sorts by utilizing water as a catalyst once it is broken down to HHO also known as browns gas. By using HHO gas one can expect to see and increase in gas mileage of 20 - 50%. This is not new technology but is starting to get rediscovered as gas and diesel prices continue to increase.

You can find HHO gas car kits online for hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Believe me they are worth every penny! The key here is that if you have a vehicle and you would like to make your own HHO or browns gas kit for your car or truck there is a lot of information online.

How is HHO gas utilized in your gas or diesel engine. When you convert your car to burn on water you are converting water to a gas that you engine can use. Some even refer to this as hydrogen on demand. Through a process of electrolysis water that is in a sealed container under your hood is converted to hydroxy also known as browns gas or HHO gas. This gas is then introduced to the airflow in the intake manifold using your engines vacuum. This gas is then mixed with the gasoline providing better gas mileage.

The process is so amazingly simple and the parts to build the system can be found around home or in your shop. This homemade hydrogen generator is easy to build. What you are looking at is a sealed quart size container, electrical wiring, baking soda, an automotive fuse and some vacuum hose. There is a handful of other parts but if you are wanting to make such a system it can be made for under $100 per vehicle! What is nice is it requires very little modification to your vehicle and can be removed within minutes and no one would even notice you had it installed.

There are forums online that focus HHO gas or browns gas technology as an alternative energy to reduce car emissions, increase gas mileage and improve power. HHO devices for cars are starting to get noticed. This technology has even been brought up in th news for improving gas mileage.

from here: http://ezinearticles.com/?HHO-Gas-Ca...ater&id=952112
Thanks for the info, but is it safe for the car? Won't this throw off some engine readings or something.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:37 PM

i'm gonna learn more about this and do it to my moms car lol

for a tester
Old 06-04-2008, 06:43 PM

Something tells me that rusted motors will be a problem in the future.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:48 PM

yeah not too sure about this, how good will this be on your motor. although its pretty similiar to what BMW did with the hydrogen 7 from what it sounds.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
Doubter. Yeah the problem is that they are not putting into average consumer cars because of the constant attention the HHO generator requires. And without further testing nooone wants to warranty the car with it yet.

I'll probably give this a try in either one of our test solstice, or in my personal mustang.

F*CK YEAH!

Hey, isn't your MPG good enough? LOL!
First of all, are you suggesting coconuts migrate? (someone chime in here) Secondly, are you suggesting we have nuclear weapons and the hot vapor engine and insanely smart people and this is just now coming out in 2008? I doubt it, its not like someone, somewhere, hasnt THOROUGHLY tested this. You may be right, but I mean technology is soooooooooo much further along than this idea. Just my opinion that is all.

Originally Posted by Switt23
You need air, not just oxygen, for internal components to rust. I doubt youll have "air" in there.

Last edited by lewisb13; 06-04-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2008, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i might try this with my moms HHR cause she only gets like 26 MPG and she would love more MPG as would I
Old 06-04-2008, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hydorgen should pick up steam now that fuel prices continue to rise. In partnership with the DEP, UPS has been testing hydrogen powered (fuel cell) vehicles for several years. We had 7 at one point out on delivery runs.
Fuel cell vehicles coupled with some other technology we are experimenting with will ensure we do what is right for the environment and provide service to our customers without passing on fuel surcharges.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Banned

i read up alot and this sounds great to put on a beater. check youtube and search sirHOAX . and OriginalUncleNemo both have sick designs and safety precautions etc. i also got magically the ebooks water4gas that are pretty expensive that i can maybe hook someone else up with if they want.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:08 PM

I want a how to but I'll get those books magically myself lol I think I'll do it on my parents rode grand caravan for ***** and giggles.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pimpnwink
I want a how to but I'll get those books magically myself lol I think I'll do it on my parents rode grand caravan for ***** and giggles.
there's alot tho make sure you research it all the way.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Switt23
doesn't happen with Water/Meth injection. And if you have an aluminum engine, how well do you think its gonna rust?

First of all, are you suggesting coconuts migrate? (someone chime in here) Secondly, are you suggesting we have nuclear weapons and the hot vapor engine and insanely smart people and this is just now coming out in 2008? I doubt it, its not like someone, somewhere, hasnt THOROUGHLY tested this. You may be right, but I mean technology is soooooooooo much further along than this idea. Just my opinion that is all.

You need air, not just oxygen, for internal components to rust. I doubt youll have "air" in there.
Well the idea was suggested back in the early 1900's I believe. I wasn't around back then though.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 06-04-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2008, 07:17 PM

not at all, they could carried
what a swallow carrying a coconut
it could grip it by the husk
its not a question of where he grips it, a 5 ounce bird cant carry a 1 lb coconut.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by impulseballer
i read up alot and this sounds great to put on a beater. check youtube and search sirHOAX . and OriginalUncleNemo both have sick designs and safety precautions etc. i also got magically the ebooks water4gas that are pretty expensive that i can maybe hook someone else up with if they want.
magically make the books appear in my inbox. stevenkenniff2005@yahoo.com THANKS!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:19 PM

you'r gunna get flamed i actually have one on my car and it does work but everyone on this site tells me i'm dumb and it doesnt, but i'm the guy drivein the car and ive been keeping a log book and i got 10 mpg more. It's on my winter beater/daily driver
Old 06-04-2008, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by BeermanSSSC
not at all, they could carried
what a swallow carrying a coconut
it could grip it by the husk
its not a question of where he grips it, a 5 ounce bird cant carry a 1 lb coconut.
Well, maybe it was two swallows working together?! Maybe it wasnt an african swallon, maybe it is european!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boostedss26
you'r gunna get flamed i actually have one on my car and it does work but everyone on this site tells me i'm dumb and it doesnt, but i'm the guy drivein the car and ive been keeping a log book and i got 10 mpg more. It's on my winter beater/daily driver
throw up some pics
Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM

www.water4gas.com it's hydrogen
Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 PM

I am not saying this will not work, at all. I am saying there has got to be something hugely negative about this or everyone would have it. You just may not see it yet, or maybe if we switched all of our cars to this type of technology it would have some negative effect on the enviro, ect ect. All I am saying is this is just logic, if it does what it says then answer me why the big 3 isnt mass producing this ? Once again not attacking, just my opinion. I enjoy a good rousal. Blaze 2; get at me in the morning; peace. (someone chime in here)
Old 06-04-2008, 07:24 PM

I am not saying this will not work, at all. I am saying there has got to be something hugely negative about this or everyone would have it. You just may not see it yet, or maybe if we switched all of our cars to this type of technology it would have some negative effect on the enviro, ect ect. All I am saying is this is just logic, if it does what it says then answer me why the big 3 isnt mass producing this ? Once again not attacking, just my opinion. I enjoy a good rousal. Blaze 2; get at me in the morning; peace. (someone chime in here)
Well they preach abstinence, but we all know sex is awesome.......... so it's not a guarantee that cool things MUST be done. But I think this falls in the same skepticism category as the "Tornado" because that stuff was "proven" and didn't do a damn thing in real life.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:25 PM

If their was something negative to our enviroment they wouldnt give you a tax break for useing it. They asked me when i filed my takes if i had a hydrogen car and i got more money back for it.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:26 PM

we've had hydrogen power, proven and reliable in the space program for 40 years. yet its never come into automotive industry because there is no money to be made in it for the energy companies. how do 4cyl cars today get the same mileage as v-8s from 30 years ago. added tech, weight, and safety but also no major advances for mpg.
Banned

www.water4gas.com it's hydrogen
lol yes we all realized that bro...throw up some of your pics

Bottom line, i think you and your car are both cool, just trying to raise some points, thats all. Rock on dude. Lets start a company. Im mech engineer.

Quick Reply: So...building HHO (Hydrogen) Fuel Cell this weekend....