2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

So...building HHO (Hydrogen) Fuel Cell this weekend....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boostedss26
If their was something negative to our enviroment they wouldnt give you a tax break for useing it. They asked me when i filed my takes if i had a hydrogen car and i got more money back for it.
you say that but what about the corporate tax breaks that people were getting for buying hummers a few years back.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BeermanSSSC
you say that but what about the corporate tax breaks that people were getting for buying hummers a few years back.
um y did people get tax breaks for buying hummers?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:38 PM

go to that website. It looks simple and you wouldnt think it works but it does.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:47 PM

go to that website. It looks simple and you wouldnt think it works but it does.
lets see some pics of YOUR setup : )
Old 06-04-2008, 07:49 PM

enough chatting!! lets see a How-To im using 200 bucks every two weeks going to work and back. this would surely cut down my gas spending to about 150 or so. money i can use towards a tune or something.

WE NEED A HOW-TO!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by impulseballer
It was a ~$8,000 tax break for purchasing a vehicle over a certain gross weight. Almost any truck or full size SUV qualified.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:04 PM

I wish i knew where to buy the parts on that water4gas.com they sell you the "books" on how to make them and i didnt want to do that so i just bought one off ebay for $65.00. It's a simple setup
Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 PM

good question i don't have any answer for it except that we have an oil man in the white house. Sold us out to every special interest there was.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:17 PM

thanks for the laugh!!!

please let me know how this works out.. hahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

Did you know the word 'gullible' isnt even listed in the dictionary?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by TVS_SS
thanks for the laugh!!!

please let me know how this works out.. hahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

Did you know the word 'gullible' isnt even listed in the dictionary?
YEs it is, look:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jerk

I wish i knew where to buy the parts on that water4gas.com they sell you the "books" on how to make them and i didnt want to do that so i just bought one off ebay for $65.00. It's a simple setup

We need pics!

Last edited by GreenPurgatory; 06-04-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 PM

Ok, I found it, someone link me to the section of the water4gas.com website that explains how they got around this little problem, and I'll change my tune.

If anyone has pics of their setup, that would also go a long way toward helping us all understand where you guys are coming from. Like I said, I'm more than happy to change my mind if someone can put up a bit of proof, but right now I can't believe it.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some one do a how to on this.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:50 PM

Guys seriously

it goes against the laws of physics, chemistry, and everything else.. please dont give this guy the time of day..

Also, if there is a 'market changing technology' it:

A. won't be announced on a cobalt website first
B. won't be vaguely described so that nobody really knows whats going on
Old 06-04-2008, 11:00 PM

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...0437cd1cee1e7&

The lawsuit is real. I am not sure this proves it doesn't work, but it makes a strong statement.

Stan Meyer, is the guy who is everyone's hope for this to work.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TVS_SS
Guys seriously

it goes against the laws of physics, chemistry, and everything else.. please dont give this guy the time of day..

Also, if there is a 'market changing technology' it:

A. won't be announced on a cobalt website first
B. won't be vaguely described so that nobody really knows whats going on
um dude...it's nothing special...it's basically a setup than runs electrolysis. you get a large net volume of hydrogen which is something that most car companies are already running lol... how is this going against the laws of physics lol.. check out those two names on youtube and you'll feel like an ass.

check out this vid to and the rest of his.

Last edited by impulseballer; 06-04-2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2008, 11:39 PM

um dude...it's nothing special...it's basically a setup than runs hydrolysis. you get a large net volume of hydrogen which is something that most car companies are already running lol... how is this going against the laws of physics lol.. check out those two names on youtube and you'll feel like an ass.

check out this vid to and the rest of his.
see unforutnately everyone is bashing this technology (not you baller) because they're saying the energy required to split water up exceeds the energy produced from burning it, but thats a logical fallacy.

We're not looking at a self powering system, we're looking at adding explosive gasses to and reducing gasoline usage to increase mileage...I think its a big deal because there's never been a how to.....

And as for the fuse, the sky's the limit depending on how you wire it, regardless of how many watts you run, remember amps have a bigger effect that volts on electrolysis of water...I just want it to turn on and off with my car which is why I'm putting a 5 amp fuse on the circuit on my lights so as to not blow something too serious.

As for saying this stuff doesn't work...I think its bomb and I'd rather learn 1000 ways not to make something before I learn the 1 way to make it.......

And I'll put up a couple pics of my starting/ ending mileage with it running for proof...you guys just have to take my word i didn't refill at a station lol......

Originally Posted by lewisb13
I am not saying this will not work, at all. I am saying there has got to be something hugely negative about this or everyone would have it. You just may not see it yet, or maybe if we switched all of our cars to this type of technology it would have some negative effect on the enviro, ect ect. All I am saying is this is just logic, if it does what it says then answer me why the big 3 isnt mass producing this ? Once again not attacking, just my opinion. I enjoy a good rousal. Blaze 2; get at me in the morning; peace. (someone chime in here)
#1 there is nothing negative "so far."

#2 the reason this technology isn't mass produced is the 1200$+ pricetag installers put on it, as well as the fact few people have the technical skill, let alone the knowhow to build one of these in the simple form.......

#3 besides...why don't you think they've expanded hydrogen gas stations outside of CA, because the US Government loves the tax they put on gasoline importation lol.....

Last edited by avenger09123; 06-04-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-05-2008, 12:11 AM

Wow... lots of lemmings in this thread....

Originally Posted by Badju587
Ok, I found it, someone link me to the section of the water4gas.com website that explains how they got around this little problem, and I'll change my tune.

I love the post in that link...
Old 06-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Banned

make sure you do PLENTY of research on it dude. you want to make sure it's as safe as possible.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:55 AM

Don't worry dude I will lol I don't plan on blowing myself up or electrifying myself.

As for the link included in that post....

I love how people forget to include the chosen catalyst in those wonderful brilliant moments of chemistry history lol....

See here's where all their naysayings come into play right here...

He said it takes 13.7kw/h to break down 1 gallon of water....

Ok so 13,700 w/h to break down 1 gallon of water - in 1 hour haha!!!!

but hold on lets look at this, in a cars electrical system which for the majority runs on 12v...

watts = volts * amps
13,700w/h = 12v * amps/hr

Amps = 1,141.67 amps to break down 1 Gallon in 1 HOUR!!! (i.e. the total amps to break down 1 gallon is not going to change, so it takes 570.835 amps for 2 hours and so on)

So lets say you run your car for 2 hours a day with 1 gallon of pure water, no catalyst, and on a 4amps of current.....so your putting 8amps a day into breaking down this water.
So according to the math using the standard of 1141.67amps means 1 gallon will take 142 days at 2 hours a day assuming you keep the wires totally submerged......

So lets drop that down to a mason jar, 1qt of water = 3425 w/h = 285 amps for total breakdown which means about 35 days of breakdown time

Now add a catalyst and total amps required drops down a little.

I love how chemistry ignores the electrical side of the equation and make huge numbers out of things that will never never happen...1 gallon in 1 hour? puhleeze....considering most houses have +/-400 AMP electrical panels powering their entire house. nothing but an industrial grade generator could produce the 1141 amps required to break down all the gallon in 1 hour.....

this website answers a lot of questions

http://www.hydrogenassociation.org/general/faqs.asp

Last edited by avenger09123; 06-05-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:08 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! this is bull ****, but im not going to explain it to you in "technical terms" because most of you won't understand and some of you will just cry and whine. Let me just explain why this is TOTAL BULL **** the easy way

-without a tune, even if this did work, your injectors would still be dumping the exact same amount of fuel in.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:16 AM

i just wanna see some before and after results!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! this is bull ****, but im not going to explain it to you in "technical terms" because most of you won't understand and some of you will just cry and whine. Let me just explain why this is TOTAL BULL **** the easy way

-without a tune, even if this did work, your injectors would still be dumping the exact same amount of fuel in.
Then explain this to me. How is it that timing and everything auto adjusts to altitude and gas grade you are running? Is that because the car can sense the explosive force and the afr ratio to some degree?

Personally if this is proven safe and reliable I will get it. Without question. My worry is for cars with FI. If you try to let vapor be pulled into the motor by the motors vacuum and we are pressurizing that chamber wouldn't we in turn loose boost and power and potentially cause a hazardous situation?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:00 AM

why not just get a hydrogen tank and figure out injection? if u could throttle regulate it, in combo with a tune, i bet you could do something.

it's a sound concept. hyrdrolysis taking place in the car is not efficient enough, or else the honda fcx woulda come with it, instead it uses straight hydrogen.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:14 AM
Banned

the guy that i posted on you tube. originalunclenemo. with adjusting his maf voltage or whatever (tuning) he gained about 13 mpg. and if you search some of the vids etc. you will be amazed at how much gas these things can produce if done right.

Originally Posted by warrenb213
why not just get a hydrogen tank and figure out injection? if u could throttle regulate it, in combo with a tune, i bet you could do something.

it's a sound concept. hyrdrolysis taking place in the car is not efficient enough, or else the honda fcx woulda come with it, instead it uses straight hydrogen.
also a hydrogen tank is compressed hydrogen....this is taking hydrogen that is already "compressed" within water and realeasing it.

check this guys vids

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?p=...cleNemo&page=1

Last edited by impulseballer; 06-05-2008 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-05-2008, 07:50 AM

when i bought mine i got a 30 day money back waranty, if it doesnt work send it back i fighured i was gunna be sending it back but it worked

Quick Reply: So...building HHO (Hydrogen) Fuel Cell this weekend....