2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

squires turbo systems remote mount, update

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ORT
Ohhh I know im not talking about street racing lol trust me im not really into all that. But even for the track damn man thats a lot of work lol. But still like I said way to be different definatly give yah props for that!

EDIT: Oh and hah! way to go cheap on the wheels slacker!!!! haha
hey, gotta go cheap somewhere, lol. besides you cant tell the difference until you go to lift one up compared to a real chrome rim
Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 PM

Haha right right. They really do look like it...Fooled me haha.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:34 PM

Oh and i figured out why i keep blowing out my header collector gasket... turns out the shop that put it on used lock washers on 2 of the 3 bolts.... so i went and bought some more lock washers and an aluminum collector gasket... Tomorrow ill be putting it on and then i can get rid of this leak once and for all... personally i think the shop that did the work did it on purpose because the 3rd time i went back to them to fix it the guy said they could make a custom header for it for 800 and i said f--- off i can get a ZZP shorty header AND a high flow cat down pipe for half that cost, that was the last time i ever went back to that place

Oh, and this was in VA, home of the communist wealth, they dont believe in the better business buro. The laws out here really f--- the consumer

Last edited by xCobalt05x; 05-26-2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-26-2008, 09:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ORT
Ohhh I know im not talking about street racing lol trust me im not really into all that. But even for the track damn man thats a lot of work lol. But still like I said way to be different definatly give yah props for that!

EDIT: Oh and hah! way to go cheap on the wheels slacker!!!! haha
Love the rims you got.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by boostbalt
Love the rims you got.
thanks! my 17's are brushed aluminum with red accents to them, i think i still have a pic

here is one, ill find some more. this one is from my magazine artical

Last edited by xCobalt05x; 05-26-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-26-2008, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by boostbalt
Love the rims you got.
Me or him??? lol
Old 05-26-2008, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by ORT
Me or him??? lol
my bad, didnt realize he was talking about yours, lol
Old 05-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
car looks nice, man im nit diggin the mesh though, if it was me id paint the mesh black...
Old 05-26-2008, 09:48 PM

i took the mesh out to show off the dinky intercooler
Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
yeah i know 5psi aint ****, but that was just to see how the computer would react to the boost with a tune vice a piggy back

i didnt build the car for street racing (light to light) i built it to take my disputes to the strip, when on the strip i throw the stock hinges back on the car and throw my aluminum 17's back on the car... normal daily driving will be on 20's w/ lambo doors, i like attention and 20's and lambo doors do just that. Oh and they are not chrome by the way, they are aluminum to, just chrome plated

what are you useing?
Old 05-26-2008, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by 06black
what are you useing?
using for what?
Old 05-26-2008, 09:53 PM

my bad, didnt realize he was talking about yours, lol

I dunno who hes talking about....haha
Old 05-26-2008, 10:05 PM

using for what?
you said you had a piggy back a few posts up...

what one?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by 06black
you said you had a piggy back a few posts up...

what one?
nonono, what i said was we didnt know how the computer would react to boost with a TUNE, trifecta tune, VICE using a piggy bag.

i did how ever use to have an AEM f/ic but i never got it to work right. found out i didnt have the resistor installed inline with the O2 sensor tap, kept sending the engine into limp mode.... then i saw the trifecta tune and took it out and waited for vince, now here i am, all tuned (for the most part)
Old 05-26-2008, 10:33 PM

VICE using a piggy bag.
??? huh?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:38 PM

I think he meant versus.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:29 AM

i think that if i go back to them they will charge me to re-do it. I'm going to leave the charge piping that is from the outlet side of the intercooler to the throtle body at 3inches because its only 3 or 4 feet right there, but im going to get someone to change intercooler inlet to the turbo compressor to be the same size as the outlet of the turbo comrpessor, i think its 2 inch or 2.25 inch, cant remember
no you need to have them redo it.. if it says 2.5" piping and they used 3" they fucked up they need to eat the cost and if they don't then i'm sure you could get legal on their ass .. they fucked that **** up.. you NEED smaller piping like 06black said...

i'm not even a turbo guy and i know that.. you need to keep velocity and everything up to actually spool the turbo damn man... you really god raped on this.. why don't you send some money this way so i can finish my boost project damnit
Old 05-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^same here, i need a turbo manifold money if you wan i can throw a xcobaltx decal on my car and say u sponsored my build
Old 05-27-2008, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by lil_kano
I think he meant versus.
he meant vince i think
Old 05-27-2008, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
he meant vince i think
nope, i ment vice. its a michigan thing meaning the same thing as "instead of"

Originally Posted by elecblue06
no you need to have them redo it.. if it says 2.5" piping and they used 3" they fucked up they need to eat the cost and if they don't then i'm sure you could get legal on their ass .. they fucked that **** up.. you NEED smaller piping like 06black said...

i'm not even a turbo guy and i know that.. you need to keep velocity and everything up to actually spool the turbo damn man... you really god raped on this.. why don't you send some money this way so i can finish my boost project damnit
this was already discust as well... virginia doesnt support the consumer, if i didnt point it out to begin with im pretty much screwed. VA is a common wealth, common wealths are a leagle form of communisum... and i also said that the shop that did the install dont normally carry charge piping because its a muscel car/ NA motor shop that does boosted applications every once and a while... I'm not going to wait for them to order in new charge pipping when i know there is a shop out here that keeps it in stock all the time... and i did say i was taking it to the shop that keeps the charge pipping in stock on wednesday because i have to work and work some overtime today (tuesday)...

no use in re-discussing something that we already talked about, its like beating a dead horse with a stick

I called DTP they said they used 2.5 inch pipping that came with the kit and just used more pieces the same size that came with the kit so i went out and looked at it and measured it and it is 2.5 inch, so i dont know why its not boosting past 5.22psi. DTP said they saw the same issue on a camaro they did and they have a fix for it and are going to do it on my car at no charge.... the issue is the boost/vacuum line from the waste gate to the turbo. The waste gate has a 4lb spring in it so when it sees 4psi in the compressor houseing it opens up the waste gate before the motor see's the 4psi of boost. They are going to re-run that hose to the intake manifold and the waste gate wont open until it see's 4psi in the intake manifold. They are also ordering in the proper spring to let me boost to 15psi.... but im confused about the boost controller that is on the car, shouldnt that thing regulate so that once it saw 15psi that it would let 4psi out to trigger the waste gate?

Last edited by xCobalt05x; 05-27-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-27-2008, 04:27 PM

nope, i ment vice. its a michigan thing meaning the same thing as "instead of"

this was already discust as well... virginia doesnt support the consumer, if i didnt point it out to begin with im pretty much screwed. VA is a common wealth, common wealths are a leagle form of communisum... and i also said that the shop that did the install dont normally carry charge piping because its a muscel car/ NA motor shop that does boosted applications every once and a while... I'm not going to wait for them to order in new charge pipping when i know there is a shop out here that keeps it in stock all the time... and i did say i was taking it to the shop that keeps the charge pipping in stock on wednesday because i have to work and work some overtime today (tuesday)...

no use in re-discussing something that we already talked about, its like beating a dead horse with a stick

I called DTP they said they used 2.5 inch pipping that came with the kit and just used more pieces the same size that came with the kit so i went out and looked at it and measured it and it is 2.5 inch, so i dont know why its not boosting past 5.22psi. DTP said they saw the same issue on a camaro they did and they have a fix for it and are going to do it on my car at no charge.... the issue is the boost/vacuum line from the waste gate to the turbo. The waste gate has a 4lb spring in it so when it sees 4psi in the compressor houseing it opens up the waste gate before the motor see's the 4psi of boost. They are going to re-run that hose to the intake manifold and the waste gate wont open until it see's 4psi in the intake manifold. They are also ordering in the proper spring to let me boost to 15psi.... but im confused about the boost controller that is on the car, shouldnt that thing regulate so that once it saw 15psi that it would let 4psi out to trigger the waste gate?
Yes that is how a boost controller works. It diverts boost away from the wastegate actuator so that your manifold sees say 15psi when the actuator only sees 4psi. It basically cuts off the flow to the actuator so you can boost higher. If you get a 15psi wastegate spring then you cant boost anything lower then 15psi, you can only go up.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:58 PM

I wonder how quick that wastegate is going to react with the vacuum source so far away
Old 05-27-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
I wonder how quick that wastegate is going to react with the vacuum source so far away
wont matter because the engine is built to handle 25psi of boost. I know for a fact that getting it dialed in for 15psi of boost it wont spike to 25psi. It will probably spike to 18psi max which is no big deal to me

Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
Yes that is how a boost controller works. It diverts boost away from the wastegate actuator so that your manifold sees say 15psi when the actuator only sees 4psi. It basically cuts off the flow to the actuator so you can boost higher. If you get a 15psi wastegate spring then you cant boost anything lower then 15psi, you can only go up.
ok thats what i thought. and i miss understood them, they are re running the vacuum/boost line from the boost controller to the intake manifold and they blew me off till friday so me and my honda buddies are going to do it ourselfs tonight, and fix my exhaust leak once and for all (till the new header and dp come in)

Last edited by xCobalt05x; 05-27-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 190 Likes on 150 Posts
adam you should use the lift on base to do the exhaust... it'll cost you like 5 bucks but it makes things way easier...
Old 05-28-2008, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by blu3_v1p3r
adam you should use the lift on base to do the exhaust... it'll cost you like 5 bucks but it makes things way easier...
i cant get any of it off anyway. the shop that welded on the 3 bolt flange made it so close to the cat that there is only room to get a crowsfeet wrench in there and no one has any standard size crowsfeet in stock, they had metric, but no standard. So this will have to wait till i can get some crowsfeet wrenches

Quick Reply: squires turbo systems remote mount, update