2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

squires turbo systems remote mount, update

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
talked to vince today, looks like im waiting to see if this works for you, said that he is waiing for you reply to see if the tune worked for you, my build wont be done until later this year, so i wont be needing the tune until later on, my turbo is a bit smaller, so the most that will have to be adujsted would be the fact that i will be using 34lbs injectors and a smaller turbo, hopefully yours works out, i NEED yours to work
Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
thats what re-enlisting in the navy in a technical rate gets you... money
see thats how im making mine work....Airforce Mechanic...bootcamp in august...starting as an E3...the build will come along quickly
Old 04-30-2008, 01:00 AM

lat move to ea-6 prowler 34000 bonus....oh yes bring on the lat move
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by mrsilent13
wat the hell does that mean hahah
Old 04-30-2008, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by mrsilent13
i re-enlisted for 6 years got 75,000.... half up-front with 6736 paid out every october 1st for the next 6 years

Originally Posted by Jn2
talked to vince today, looks like im waiting to see if this works for you, said that he is waiing for you reply to see if the tune worked for you, my build wont be done until later this year, so i wont be needing the tune until later on, my turbo is a bit smaller, so the most that will have to be adujsted would be the fact that i will be using 34lbs injectors and a smaller turbo, hopefully yours works out, i NEED yours to work
DTP said they will be finished fabricating and installing everything by no earlier then monday the 5th and no later then wednesday the 7th

Last edited by xCobalt05x; 04-30-2008 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Jn2

yay, get that puppy running, actually take that puppy and make it a fucken wolf...hope it works out for you...im actually coming along pretty good on my build, eta is late august-early october
Old 04-30-2008, 12:52 PM

let me know when youre doing the tuning part, I might be able to go with you. you might need a ride home.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by SymbioteLT
let me know when youre doing the tuning part, I might be able to go with you. you might need a ride home.
you can go with me but i wont need a ride home unless i get into an accident... its already tuned for 10psi on a conventional set up and im going to be running 10psi... he also told me he made the tune to run one full point richer just incase, so he will need to adjust the tune after we do our data logging to see where it is at... from what he said he has the tune set for 10.8:1 while under boost and 14.4:1 while under normal driving... lower the number the more rich the fuel mixture
Old 04-30-2008, 08:48 PM

actually, i am going to need someone to ride along with me to give vince feed back live over the phone... for some reason when i data log it doesn't log the fuel trims that he needs to know as im getting on it
Old 04-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Jn2

get it going man, i wil keppingn an eye on this thread hopefully it works
Old 04-30-2008, 09:05 PM

lol, i can only go as fast as DTP wants to work.... this is what i get for letting mustang guys work on my car, lol.... but they are the only authorized STS dealer/installer
Old 04-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Jn2

oh, well dont go to fast, i think vince will be using your tune my steup, or atleast a donwgraded version, as i have a smaller turbo and smaller injectors, i really dont know i talked to him and was told to call back in a week and a half cuz he was waiting to hear from you...plus i was at work so i coulndt really talk 2 him all that good...
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jn2
oh, well dont go to fast, i think vince will be using your tune my steup, or atleast a donwgraded version, as i have a smaller turbo and smaller injectors, i really dont know i talked to him and was told to call back in a week and a half cuz he was waiting to hear from you...plus i was at work so i coulndt really talk 2 him all that good...
he will probably use the tune that is on my car right now just with 34#ers instead of the 60's, if you are going to run 10psi and if you are, get the 2.4L ss manifold or you will blow apart the 2.2 manifold
Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Jn2

yeah i plan n upgrading to that thing later on, but ima see if i cant find me a saab one instead, everyone knows iron cast>plastinc
Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 AM

Just wanted to post an update as to whats going on....

DTP has finished welding up all of the charge pipping and finished running the oil lines and mounted the oil pump.... They fabricated up the mounting brakets for the intercooler..... Whats left....

Wiring up the wiring harness... Mounting the Intercooler... installing the waste gate and dump pipe that is simulating the dual exhaust.... Installing the blow off valve.... installing the PCV system.....

Should be done thrusday night and ready for a friday pickup....

Going in on thursday to take some vid's of idle/semi spooling sounds and take some progression pictures
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 AM

with all the $$$ you've dumped into this thing, why not go full standalone? To me, it doenst look like youve taken the cheap way out with anything, so why with tuning?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 AM

$190 in labor for injectors? jesus christ!

took me a whopping 30min to do mine...

Originally Posted by IonFeright
with all the $$$ you've dumped into this thing, why not go full standalone? To me, it doenst look like youve taken the cheap way out with anything, so why with tuning?
well, to defend him...

if he goes a full standalone, he will lose ALOT of accessories that make his car what it is.

The DIC will be gone, chances are the radio controls will be gone (if he has them on the steering wheel).

Until AEM makes a standalone thats compatible with the Cobalts, it really wouldnt help much...ya..he could tune it, and make it run great...but loses all the other "little" things.

Last edited by Turbo06Sedan; 05-06-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from what i remember he tried using the aem didnn't he and **** wouldn't work
Old 05-06-2008, 10:55 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts

DTP has finished welding up all of the charge pipping and finished running the oil lines and mounted the oil pump.... They fabricated up the mounting brakets for the intercooler..... Whats left....

Wiring up the wiring harness... Mounting the Intercooler... installing the waste gate and dump pipe that is simulating the dual exhaust.... Installing the blow off valve.... installing the PCV system.....

Going in on thursday to take some vid's of idle/semi spooling sounds and take some progression pictures
Glad to hear you are getting so close. I hope for good results/vids/pix this weekend.

I have done the full stand alone and the units cost $$ as well we are doing some major rewiring to keep most of the standard creature comforts.
His costs would be compounded by the fact that he would first need to tear apart his car to do the wiring.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Banned

kool, i want to see this dump tube as ur 2nd exhaust pipe, that should be neat!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:55 AM

the cheapest standalone i could find was 1800 tuning my car via Trifecta was 200, so ive already saved 1600 that i can use for visual mods. On top of that, you will loose the instrament cluster since it is digital and controled by the factory ECM, so now i would have to spend more money on getting some kind of aftermarket cluster and after market sensor's so that i can still monitor the MPH and RPM's so that right there i would say is an easy 600 for the cluster and probably another 100 each for the sensors now you are talking more money and more head ake and more money in labor to get that stuff installed.

Originally Posted by Turbo06Sedan
$190 in labor for injectors? jesus christ!

took me a whopping 30min to do mine...

well, to defend him...

if he goes a full standalone, he will lose ALOT of accessories that make his car what it is.

The DIC will be gone, chances are the radio controls will be gone (if he has them on the steering wheel).

Until AEM makes a standalone thats compatible with the Cobalts, it really wouldnt help much...ya..he could tune it, and make it run great...but loses all the other "little" things.
yeah, took me 30-45min to change out my injectors and re-pin the LSJ wiring harnes connector to the 2.2L connector for the semmins 60# injectors

no i dont have the stearing wheel controls anymore since i have the pioneer in-dash dvd/touch screen /gps navigation system

Originally Posted by elecblue06
from what i remember he tried using the aem didnn't he and **** wouldn't work
i couldnt get it to work because i didnt have a resistor in-line with the 02 sensor signal.... i guess aparently the resister keeps the ECM from seeing the manipulation of the 02 signal so the engine doesnt go into limp mode.

Last edited by xCobalt05x; 05-06-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2008, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oooh ... well i knew there was some problem lol
Old 05-06-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Glad to hear you are getting so close. I hope for good results/vids/pix this weekend.

I have done the full stand alone and the units cost $$ as well we are doing some major rewiring to keep most of the standard creature comforts.
His costs would be compounded by the fact that he would first need to tear apart his car to do the wiring.
thanks, i cant wait either

yeah, ive already mapped out the stand alone route and the cost went from spending 17k on the car to just 25k w/ labor costs of the wiring and everything. so to the guy that said i should have just went stand alone..... F that shizzzzz more money then its worth just not cost effective

ohhh, and one other thing, they still have to install the digital 3 setting boost controller as well

Last edited by xCobalt05x; 05-06-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2008, 12:54 PM

you guys need to look into standalone solutions a little more

you can run a standalone ECU which controls your fuel and ignition ONLY and you will not lose any accessories. You do not need to ditch your stock ECU to run standalone fuel & ignition management.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:57 PM

^ still costs more then the 200 trifecta tune which has proved to work just fine so far w/ 60# injector tuned

Quick Reply: squires turbo systems remote mount, update