2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Standalone!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just curious to the op what turbo are you using cause i feel like at the psi you stated, your hp numbers should be a tad higher?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by constantproject
sw4y1313...you tell vince that if he is going to come out with a program that supports the 2.2 and will be able to help us then he has a long list of people waiting for it...that is aside from the fact that hpt has said for like 2 years that they were working on our ecms, and the fact that hpt and ls2edit are completely different programming....correct me if im wrong but doesnt ls2edit use parts of gm code in their software?? ....dont rip on someone because you dont like their idea, it makes you look like a *****, cuz he might be going for 600+ and pykie,dude if you do go standalone please put up a how to lol vince sorta has the market cornered in that there arent many people who have tuned a 2.2 on their own, and it would be awesome if more people did it themselves...still savin for ls2edit myself
He knows... He told me it will be available within the next year. He also said dealers will have first dibs on it and it works exactly the same as HPT and LS2Edit. They are all exactly the same in how they tune the cars. Its just how the data is presented to you aka the GUI(Graphic User Interface) that you see is different. So LS2Edit is the same and waiting for HPTuners is a waste of time for that reason alone. I never ripped on him at all, and will never. I'm just saying that they are all the same. The problem with the stock ECM is that its limited to ~8100rpm rev limit and high impedence injectors. The largest high impedence injectors for our cars is the 79lb injectors. Thats good for quite a bit of hp, 500+. Althought that depends on your fuel pressure.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:52 PM

Just go with a megasquirt. It ends up being cheaper in the end.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
He knows... He told me it will be available within the next year. He also said dealers will have first dibs on it and it works exactly the same as HPT and LS2Edit. They are all exactly the same in how they tune the cars. Its just how the data is presented to you aka the GUI(Graphic User Interface) that you see is different. So LS2Edit is the same and waiting for HPTuners is a waste of time for that reason alone. I never ripped on him at all, and will never. I'm just saying that they are all the same. The problem with the stock ECM is that its limited to ~8100rpm rev limit and high impedence injectors. The largest high impedence injectors for our cars is the 79lb injectors. Thats good for quite a bit of hp, 500+. Althought that depends on your fuel pressure.
its a good thing im a trifecta dealer
Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
its a good thing im a trifecta dealer
taint it lol

it'll be an HPtuner type ECM modifier / flasher as well as a separate logger (with some cool features) kind of like how efi live has it setup .. vince will be selling a whole package ... either just the current dealer setup, the current ezflasher and the logger or the full setup from what I understand it's good stuff but has been kept mostly hush untill more developments have been raised
Old 06-07-2009, 11:46 PM

i have a surprise for you elecblue.... it's looking like ill be sitting either @ 270whp or just short of it, w/ out turning up the boost or adding any new mod to the car....

Vince emailed me and said he was looking through my data logs to see if he couldnt squeez anything else out of the tune and noticed that at around 6100ish rpms my timing droped from 17.5* to 15.5*. He said that 2 degree drop was robbing me of about 10whp. So he is updating it for me and we will see what the new dyno will yeild. He also said that the trq was being robbed of 15-20wtq
Old 06-07-2009, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
i have a surprise for you elecblue.... it's looking like ill be sitting either @ 270whp or just short of it, w/ out turning up the boost or adding any new mod to the car....

Vince emailed me and said he was looking through my data logs to see if he couldnt squeez anything else out of the tune and noticed that at around 6100ish rpms my timing droped from 17.5* to 15.5*. He said that 2 degree drop was robbing me of about 10whp. So he is updating it for me and we will see what the new dyno will yeild. He also said that the trq was being robbed of 15-20wtq
haha nice man.. yea 2 * did about 8 whp for me when we updated my tune i'm probably sitting close to 260-270 whp now .. vince and i are going to work out some 2.4L fun cam things soon after he gets the dynamic scalable map as well as boost sensitive fuel pressure for the LNF and since he has an hhr ss now .. should take alot less time

but i'll stop whoring this thread up lol
Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
uhhh piggyback < tuning software

there is no reason at all for you to go to a piggyback when there is a tuning suite available...that would be taking a step backwards

what is inadequate about the tuning you have now that makes you feel that you need to go standalone?
i have the terifica tune right now
i wanna go stand alone cause next summer i want 600+ wheel horsepower, will i make it? i dunno but im trying.

theres alot of reasonws why i wanna go standalone.
one im looking for really big number.
2 i wanna do a whire tuck and hid everything inside the car
3 im not happy with a base map tune like what you get from vince.

i know my numbers seem small for a gt2871r but from what i been told time after time, that i could make a hell of alot more power at 8 psi then i did with a good tune.
im trying to find out who makes a stand alone for my car but doesnt seem to work out
i wanna run a 3 bar on my car too instead of the maf but doubt that will happen too

Last edited by pykie; 06-08-2009 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 AM

well are you ready to re sleeve your block get a new crank get billet rods ultra ported head and such?

what "base map" from vince if the tunes not good talk to vince about it and he'll set it up to fix you 2 paul (06blackg85ss) has about 500 whp and is using hptuners to tune on his turbo swapped ss/sc no reason you couldnt use a tuner like trifectas when he pubklishes the DIY tuner.. and no one makes a standalone for any car.. there are harnesses made for certain cars but standalones them selves are universal.. SMP is looking to setup to do a SMT-8 setup or maybe a megasquirt setup sometime soon so thats something you could look into

and 3 bar instead of a maf? why's that ?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:23 PM

the 3 bar is good till 50 PSI, the MAF isnt.
the terifica tune is a base map tune from what everyone tells me.
un fortunitly i have no way to data log my car so i cant send nothing to him to fix it.
as for everything else i have wisco 8.9:1 pistons, eagle h beams, arp head studs comestic head gasket, darton sleeve kit, on order ferra dual vale springs and the comp valves, once they get here im gonna but the port and polished head i seen online and the eagle crank, and comp stage 2 turbo cams
and whats mega squirt and smt?
i know about the ems not being made for my car, but it is for hondas are..
Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 PM

mega squirt is a standalone fuem management system most honda and nissan guys are running,honestly it is a pretty good system from what I har but I have no personal experience with it.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by pykie
the 3 bar is good till 50 PSI, the MAF isnt.
the terifica tune is a base map tune from what everyone tells me.
un fortunitly i have no way to data log my car so i cant send nothing to him to fix it.
as for everything else i have wisco 8.9:1 pistons, eagle h beams, arp head studs comestic head gasket, darton sleeve kit, on order ferra dual vale springs and the comp valves, once they get here im gonna but the port and polished head i seen online and the eagle crank, and comp stage 2 turbo cams
and whats mega squirt and smt?
i know about the ems not being made for my car, but it is for hondas are..
wohwoh a 3 bar map good to 50 psi? no chance less you're including standard 1 atmos psi in that as well ..

and my trifecta tune is no where close to a base map lol i mean the one YOU have might be but if thats the case no offense but you should've kept it for longer to work it out...

and again.. as far as things being made for a specific car is subjective they're 90% of the time universal
Old 06-08-2009, 11:45 PM

What you need to do is learn about the current sensors, iginition, and fuel that your car is running. Then you need to determine what standalone supports as much of that as possible. Then you get into the part where you need to run aftermarket sensors. For example, you WILL need to run a new crank sensor because no standalone supports the 7x hall sensor unless you have an 07 which there may be some that support the 60-2 aka 58x.

I have spent some time researching standalones and I found a couple from Perfect Power that struck my interest. They have one specifically built for 4cyl and supports Wasted Spark Ignition, which is our ignition system. You have built in closed loop control, boost control, and a bunch of other cool features. The tuning software is very easy to use as well. Check it out at http://www.perfectpower.com/products/xmsl.asp. The only downside is you would have to run an external crank sensor if you have an 05-06. It does support the 58x crank sensor in the 07+. Another great thing is, the XMS-L is less then $700, which is damn good for a standalone of its calibar.

Also in response to your trifecta tune, you should have kept the gt tuner longer. Vince does not do "base maps". He works with you until the tune is finished. Which is almost exactly what you would do(by datalogging) but then you'd make the changes yourself. Only difference is he makes the changes remotely and sends them to you to test again. 600+whp is not power you can easily drive on the street. Do you plan on making this a track car or DD? If its a DD, you may be getting way ahead of yourself.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im trying for 400whp DD it still might not be driveable. let alone 600 lol
Old 06-09-2009, 02:01 AM

Trifecta is FARRRRR from a base tune... LOL LAWLZ.... i have an STS turbo on my car (remote mounted) i garantee you that the tune trifecta supplied to me will not work with any other turbo set up do to the uniqueness of the STS system. It doesnt spool up like a normal motor mount turbo.

Don't know where you got your info from, but it was biest and lop sided. Trifecta tune is custom to the mods you have on your car.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:59 PM

Sorry to thread jack, but how exaclty does the trifecta tune work? Do you order the tuner and plug it into your car and then send it back to him or does it come already how it needs to be?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 PM

why not just use the FAST XFI if you want to go stand alone? gm uses it already on their race cobalts