2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Stock 2.2 Dyno Graph

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone with an 06 tell me where the wire was that they hooked the dyno up to? the tach/test wire or something please please??? i went to get my car dynoed and they said they couldnt do it because they couldnt hook the dyno up. they werent getting a reading from any wire
Old 12-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nomoreavril
anyone with an 06 tell me where the wire was that they hooked the dyno up to? the tach/test wire or something please please??? i went to get my car dynoed and they said they couldnt do it because they couldnt hook the dyno up. they werent getting a reading from any wire
That Dyno operator is an idiot.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nomoreavril
sorry i dont have a better pic at the moment, but in the middle of the circle is a plug....there are 3 or 4 wires comin out of it.....one of them is the hookup point....i think it is the second one back from the bumper.....if i remember correctly

edit: ill put up a better pic later today or tomorrow
Old 12-04-2006, 01:56 PM

/\/\/\/\/\/\------dude is that a pep boys intake?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:07 PM

LOL. I would think anywhere from 5-10hp with a good intake. 25hp is unrealistic.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
/\/\/\/\/\/\------dude is that a pep boys intake?

its autozone thankyou......and if you have a problem with it....then you can bite me
Old 12-05-2006, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
Crank HP is how much power the car can make without delivering the power to components (meaning just the motor itself, nothing else connected) such as the tranmission which then delivers to the shafts and then to the wheels eventually. During all this hp is lost whether it's to the front of the wheels, back of the wheels or all of them when engine hp is delivered to components (i.e tranny).

Wheel HP is how much power the motor is putting down connected to components such as the transmission which delivers the power to the shafts and then to the wheels.

An accurate estimation of how much your getting to the ground is determined by a Dyno.

Dyno's are never more then 5% off unless operator error. Scenarios change often. More or less weather conditions dictate how much a car can put out in that run.
so "crank hp" is pretty much the engine by itself without the car. "Wheel HP" is moter and car working togather. ...isnt there a "brake hp" too or something like that? thanks for the explaination. being on SS.net almost a year now, and now i learn this!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Skottish
its autozone thankyou......and if you have a problem with it....then you can bite me
haha, thats funny. i have no problem, i thought about doing that before i got my injen. thats good you were able to piece out the piping parts to make an intake, good job. what did you do with the intake sensor?
Old 12-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Skottish
I don't see anything wrong with that WAI you have. Looks solid.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by artawesome
so "crank hp" is pretty much the engine by itself without the car. "Wheel HP" is moter and car working togather. ...isnt there a "brake hp" too or something like that? thanks for the explaination. being on SS.net almost a year now, and now i learn this!
Brake horsepower (bhp)
Brake horsepower (bhp) is the measure of an engine's horsepower without the loss in power caused by the gearbox, generator, differential, water pump and other auxiliaries. Thus the prefix "brake" refers to where the power is measured: at the engine's output shaft, as on an engine dynamometer. The actual horsepower delivered to the driving wheels is less. An engine would have to be retested to obtain a rating in another system. The term "brake" refers to the use of a band brake to measure torque during the test (which is multiplied by the engine speed in revs/sec and the circumference of the band to give the power).
Old 12-07-2006, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
haha, thats funny. i have no problem, i thought about doing that before i got my injen. thats good you were able to piece out the piping parts to make an intake, good job. what did you do with the intake sensor?

i used a dremel to cut a rectangular hole in the 6 inch pipe closest to the manifold....it is underneath the intake so it is hidden pretty well.....below is a pic of the MAF sensor
It actually looks different now because i added a rubber reducer to make a tighter fit to the throttle body

Old 12-10-2006, 10:13 PM

I think that something a lot of people don't realize is that dynometers are used to tune cars moreso than to tell thier power.

Horsepower is a very vague thing to measure. If you send a letter to the government saying "I need exactly 1 pound of something so I can calibrate my scales" they'll send you a pound of sand or something. If you say "send me something with 1 horsepower to calibrate my dynometer" they're gonna be like ummm... The reason is that there never really was a clear and definite "horsepower". Then I think it was about 30 years ago or so there was a motorcycle made that supposedly had 10 hp and they used that as a benchmark for making dynometers.

But regardless to how or where horsepower was defined, dynos should only be used for tuning because of the fact that there are too many varying factors in cars. You can dyno a car 30 times in a row and never get the same results because of this. (but they should be around the same area). Dynos should be used for tuning in that you can tell when you did something right or wrong by noticing power jumps and by jumps I mean 5-10 hp not 1-2. I'm rambling on now so I'll shut up and hope that someone made sense of this.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by 07LSC
I think that something a lot of people don't realize is that dynometers are used to tune cars moreso than to tell thier power.

Horsepower is a very vague thing to measure. If you send a letter to the government saying "I need exactly 1 pound of something so I can calibrate my scales" they'll send you a pound of sand or something. If you say "send me something with 1 horsepower to calibrate my dynometer" they're gonna be like ummm... The reason is that there never really was a clear and definite "horsepower". Then I think it was about 30 years ago or so there was a motorcycle made that supposedly had 10 hp and they used that as a benchmark for making dynometers.

But regardless to how or where horsepower was defined, dynos should only be used for tuning because of the fact that there are too many varying factors in cars. You can dyno a car 30 times in a row and never get the same results because of this. (but they should be around the same area). Dynos should be used for tuning in that you can tell when you did something right or wrong by noticing power jumps and by jumps I mean 5-10 hp not 1-2. I'm rambling on now so I'll shut up and hope that someone made sense of this.
It's okay. I enjoyed your ramble.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:07 PM

112 isint right. a kid i no has a 03 cavalier eco motor and it put down 125whp and 125 torque and it had a cat back and intake also was auto with 45K on the car. my sunfire 2.2 OHV put down 82hp and 108 torque.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky
Brake horsepower (bhp)
Brake horsepower (bhp) is the measure of an engine's horsepower without the loss in power caused by the gearbox, generator, differential, water pump and other auxiliaries. Thus the prefix "brake" refers to where the power is measured: at the engine's output shaft, as on an engine dynamometer. The actual horsepower delivered to the driving wheels is less. An engine would have to be retested to obtain a rating in another system. The term "brake" refers to the use of a band brake to measure torque during the test (which is multiplied by the engine speed in revs/sec and the circumference of the band to give the power).
if i had a gif of a head exploding, i would use it here!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:51 AM

Here is a scan of my graph....DynoJet