2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Supercharger for 2.2L

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was just saying my .02 worth im not bashing any of the ss owners...and yes any car can be made fast if u got the cash....but some of us just couldnt afford the ss model or had a family that we had to think of first
Old 10-25-2005, 09:42 PM

When I read about the S/C for the 2.2 making close to the SS S/C's power I was a little upset, but oh well. There is always going to be someone out there better and faster. I'm very happy with my car and if I had a chance to go back in time the only thing I would change is order one with the LSD.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltBurst
lol becareful SS owners went crazy last time this was brought up...
Yeah, that's part of the reason I don't spend a lot of time on this board I've seen a lot of simple questions or statements, that weren't inflamatory at all...get attacked left and right. Even newbies asking questions and being blasted like they are an idiot or something just isn't right.

The point was just that a base model can compete with a SS with the right mods. It wasn't meant as anything personal against anyone and if the SS owners on the board get offended everytime someone posts something that might challenge their cars then perhaps all references to anything other than the SS should be removed from this board and it be called SSonlyboard.net. And someone create another board just for everything else.

I thought the point of the board was to share information and concepts about the cobalt line...all lines of cobalts...not get egotistical about who has what model. Yes I may have liked to have had a SS, but my situation doesn't make it practical...that being a wife and 2 kids. But a base model can be modded to a nice sleeper...that was the whole point.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by tmade
Yeah, that's part of the reason I don't spend a lot of time on this board I've seen a lot of simple questions or statements, that weren't inflamatory at all...get attacked left and right. Even newbies asking questions and being blasted like they are an idiot or something just isn't right.

The point was just that a base model can compete with a SS with the right mods. It wasn't meant as anything personal against anyone and if the SS owners on the board get offended everytime someone posts something that might challenge their cars then perhaps all references to anything other than the SS should be removed from this board and it be called SSonlyboard.net. And someone create another board just for everything else.

I thought the point of the board was to share information and concepts about the cobalt line...all lines of cobalts...not get egotistical about who has what model. Yes I may have liked to have had a SS, but my situation doesn't make it practical...that being a wife and 2 kids. But a base model can be modded to a nice sleeper...that was the whole point.
When I first brought in the fact that it probably would be more cost efficent ot buy your SS/SC in the first place I neglected to point out that it may be the case with some that they will prefer building their own out of a base cobalt... you can argue which method may or may not be the cheaper way of going, but you can't argue opinion.

There should be no offence taken in the fact that someone prefers to go one way as opposed to the other. I would think that people who get offended are immature in their train of thought.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Leafy
There should be no offence taken in the fact that someone prefers to go one way as opposed to the other. I would think that people who get offended are immature in their train of thought.
Agreed!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had alot of stuff included in my loan but after everything ( warranty and tax and crap and stealth) i put 2000 down and i owed 15000 i believe( im really not sure). Stealth cost 1000, Warranty was a 1000, Sunroof was 900, and wing was 500 so thats 3400 dollars right there. My payment are 280 a month though so im really happy with what i got. Essentially my cobalt was a base model too but i had them too all the work on it to make it as close to an SS as possible since they wernt selling them in ohio in march =/. It has the XM radio and 7 speaker sound system too. =) =)

I still LOVE the SS but i think im more excited about frank's Turbocharger and glad i didnt get one.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:39 PM

Wow this whole thread is good news . Im only 18 and the base cobalt is all i could really afford to buy. All i got is the spoiler and ABS . Once the payments are gone then I can add on a few things, I really wanted the SS but now i think I'm happier with my choice. Plus I'm a young male! just imagine my insurance cost, I think its already too high. I mean common I havnt had an accident and i've been driving by myself since i was 16...cut me some slack!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:17 PM

turbo is the only way to go better on gas, and way faster and upgradeable I just added an intercooler muhahahahaha my bro is going to order the turbo from frank (I hope his setup doesn't beat mine) and who heard of a fast supercharged 4 cylinder....not me
Old 10-26-2005, 10:31 PM

This is where i am coming from....i am 20 years old and in college so all i could afford is the base cobalt. But, in 3 years when i am makeing money and out of school i will have money to throw into my car and make it really nice....yes it may be more money in the long run but i didn;t have the cash for the SS.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:50 PM

I'm in the same boat or similar one with Importkiller, my first marriage and my wife has 2 kids, we're buying a house, and lots to furnish so the mileage is great that I am getting out of the base model and in a year or so, from purchase, I'll be in a better position to mod it and make it fast. I love sleeper cars and can't wait to get this one there. I love the upgradeability of the 2.2 engine and it is limitless, up to 1300 hp. Of course the most reasonable will be to get it around 250...I'll be happy with that and some decent suspension.

I'm not looking to be the fastest on the road, just something that is a sleeper that will do well against the ricers and surprise them and still be able to carry the family around without it being too hard for the wife to handle.

And I don't have any beef with any SS owners, if you got one awesome! I would have liked it and it's a sweet car, I love seeing them around town! And I've seen a few!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:29 PM

Yes you can buy a supercharger for a 2.2L cobalt. Just search for a 2.2L supercharger for a Chevy Cavalier and you should have no problem fitting the part in. I think when I researched it, it would have set me back about $1700. Good luck man and its a really good investment.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:33 PM

http://www.getspeedparts.com/Cobalt05-06.html
Old 11-01-2005, 02:03 PM

Do they make a S/C or T/C for the 2.2 which can run with the auto? I can drive standard just fine, but i had got a deal on a cobalt that had the auto, so took advantage of it. Anyone know?

Thanks

Stefan.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installment Loan Account
Loan Amount: $16,268.11
Collateral: CHEVROLET
Interest Rate: 7.55000%

And i put 2000 down so i guess i paid 18268 for my cobalt LS. but again mine was completely fully loaded and i also got stealth alarm system and my sunroof and Cobalt SS wing included in mine. Edit* That also includes tax tag title blah blah and warranty and stuff.