2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Tourque Managment

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tourque Managment

My friend Id:BIKA was telling me the 08 SS turbo had tourque managment where it would limit yer engines output even with bolt on mods. Well my 08 LS has the same ****. I was accelerating down hill and like any normal car would go faster downhill and have more accelration. well mine like pulled back the throttle. I felt I was going faster for a second then it just pulled back. Then on another day to reprove this to myself i started down a hill put it in 3rd doing maybe 40-50 mashed on it to the floor and it would accelerate, let go, accelerate, let go, accelrate etc...

So my LS has this garbage. Now my question is...

Does anybosy know if the tourque management is software related, eg. (time vs. rpm.)

or if it similar to stabilty control 'dongles' eg (floating magnets and pickups)

Can i please only have intellengent answers.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Usually TqMgt is only limited by maximum torque output at a certain RPM. Most of what I have seen is that cars are typically only Torque Managed below 3-4k rpms. It does not really factor in at higher engine rpms.

If you have an automatic, then there are additional TqMgt settings programmed into the transmission that can trigger abuse modes, such as WOT for more than a few seconds, or purposefuly launching the car from neutral, etc.

I have not seen the program on a 2.2L cobalt since my HPTuners software is not capable of uploading files. I have seen it on the 2.2L cavliers though, and nothing really looked like it would significantly hurt performance as you described.