2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Tuning for the 2.2!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Kid
nah i dont think im the fastest 2.2, but i dont see you runnin your 2.2 down that low now do i? thats what ive accomplished right now. ill prolly be in 14's next year still n/a. dont worry about it though.
come on up to canada in june..ill race u in my jeep and win
Old 12-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Banned

nah i dont think im the fastest 2.2, but i dont see you runnin your 2.2 down that low now do i? thats what ive accomplished right now. ill prolly be in 14's next year still n/a. dont worry about it though.
Maybe because my car hasn't been to the strip. And with your mods and 14's wont' be happening as soon as you think...

Hows that turbo going again? What rods and pistons are you using? You've failed to answer me that a few times now.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Calm down Now Kiddies
Old 12-22-2006, 11:09 PM

y do u wanna know? ur supposed to be a gm tech. u figure it out. and the turbo pretty good im startin to get all the money i need to do everything im still not sure on what size i wanna use. we'll see.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:33 AM

sounds like you are making this up. " cobalt_kid " ! and your asking "rallyyellow06" to tell you becouse you dont know ??? your self. ive talked with rally before and he has lots of info and is very helpful-but so are others. you shouldent be cocky becouse others will see and wont help you when you need it. becouse of respect and how you speak.

but thats my dollars worth.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06Pursuit
these tunning threads are starting to be worse then the turbo cobalt threads lol. whats next? "Can you drop a gtp v6 in the cobalt?" lmao
Umm...it's been done in the J-bodies, it's not impossible. Cobalts have the same size engine bay for the most part.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:00 AM

y do u wanna know? ur supposed to be a gm tech.
I'm sorry but that made no sense...even if he was a GM tech (I have no idea if he is or isn't) what does that have to do with what products you're aiming to use in your engine.

Honestly, yellowrally is making a good point as far as the times you're aiming for and especially from the list of "winter modifications" you have in your signature, I don't know if you fully understand what you're getting into and you're just throwing products into your sig for hope of glory.

I am not one for putting down but don't get wise with people when they weren't being rude to you in the first place.

Yeah, he can be a ***** but he's a helpful person.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Umm...it's been done in the J-bodies, it's not impossible. Cobalts have the same size engine bay for the most part.
2 people on the redline forums have the exact same 2.2L engines in their Ion quad coupes, both with superchargers, one with an Eaton and one with a centrifugal ProCharger. One runs an SMT6 as a piggyback and the other uses a Megasquirt.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Witt
2 people on the redline forums have the exact same 2.2L engines in their Ion quad coupes, both with superchargers, one with an Eaton and one with a centrifugal ProCharger. One runs an SMT6 as a piggyback and the other uses a Megasquirt.
LOL

We were talking about a 3800 S/C motor swapped into a Cobalt, thats why I said it was possible.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:26 AM

how do i know he is. same pic with same backround as on myspace cobalt group were he said he was. and yeah i do know what i want to acomplish with my winter list, i have been talkin to as many mechanics as i can and were running though ideas to try and get this to work. so i know im lookin at alot of money and alot of time, but in the end i think it will be well worth it.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by NJHK
LOL

We were talking about a 3800 S/C motor swapped into a Cobalt, thats why I said it was possible.
Rofl, that will teach me to read the entire thread, and not just the last post.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

how do i know he is. same pic with same backround as on myspace cobalt group were he said he was. and yeah i do know what i want to acomplish with my winter list, i have been talkin to as many mechanics as i can and were running though ideas to try and get this to work. so i know im lookin at alot of money and alot of time, but in the end i think it will be well worth it.

Congrats on making the connection! Now if only you kept posting your ideas in that group. Oh yea, everyone there made fun of you for this too. Do you have timeslips or anything? Anything to back up any claim you've made? No.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:45 PM

actually i do, but my cell phone pics are shitty, i can post em but 2 reasons im not 1. i dont like shitty pics 2. ur not worth my time but when i get a digital camera i will. i might even be able to get pics at the track idk if debbie still has em though.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:21 PM

well until you realize that rt has nothing to do with et, you should stay away from any kind of forced induction.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:14 PM

i know it doesnt the rt is posted cuz im quick off the line appearntly. which is how u win some races when u street race. but dont talk to me untill u figure out that if ur cars are evenly matched it comes down to the line and the driver. kthanxbye
Old 12-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Banned

Cobalt_Kid needs to realize an XTC catless dp, magnaflow catback, and injen cai will not gain you the same power and times as an SS/NA stock or even with short ram as hes claimed several times.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:14 PM

ask debbie cobalt443 she'll tell u we were runnin almost the same times that night. she was like 15.8xx that night

oh and ps. u forgot gmpp honed exhaust manifold. but its ok i might leave things out too if my cat-back alone didnt cost more than all ur mods combined.

Last edited by Cobalt_Kid; 12-26-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Banned

Your honed manifold is gaining you only a few small horses.

Lets see

Catback-10 (on lucky side)
CAI- 8 (on lucky side)
Downpipe- 10 (on lucky side)
Manifold- 6 (on lucky side)

32 HP to the motor, thats going to make you (and to be nice) 20 to the wheels.

That makes roughly 177hp to the motor, (IF you even have any of these mods to begin with) you'd be making roughly 6 hp to the motor more than an SS/NA. But yet you claim the SS/NA would have an intake, so plus 8. Therefore it would be 177 to 178. However bolt ons never give you that much hp, especially to the wheels. Your not running that close to an SS/NA. And even if you somehow got close it was more than likely because the other cobalt didnt know how to race for ****.

And are there any more parts you happen to "forget" (or make up for that matter) to add to your b.s. claims. Until you can actually prove your going to even come close to running a turbo don't talk. And dont play the "I'll let you figure that out on your own" game because thats showing you don't know the first thing about running a turbo, especially in this application.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:36 PM

Im confused. His signature says 15.933. My car went 16.1 completely and utterly bone stock. An intake, exhaust and header should get more then .2 at the track? Maybe you just suck driving. And SS/NA's have to be in the mid 15's stock (with a stick). Someone correct me if Im wrong about the SS/NAs?
Old 12-27-2006, 08:15 AM

Can we put this thread back on Topic or Lock it
Old 12-27-2006, 08:59 AM

so how bout that tuning lol
Old 12-27-2006, 01:16 PM

i know it doesnt the rt is posted cuz im quick off the line appearntly. which is how u win some races when u street race. but dont talk to me untill u figure out that if ur cars are evenly matched it comes down to the line and the driver. kthanxbye

uhhh whoever has the lower et is the winner. in your sig, it seems VERY MUCH like you think that your rt acts upon your et. I apoligize for calling you out on that because apparently it is not true, but don't talk to me like i don't know how to race, you will just dig yourself into a hole there buddy.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Banned

So about that tuning
Old 12-27-2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
Your honed manifold is gaining you only a few small horses.

Lets see

Catback-10 (on lucky side)
CAI- 8 (on lucky side)
Downpipe- 10 (on lucky side)
Manifold- 6 (on lucky side)

32 HP to the motor, thats going to make you (and to be nice) 20 to the wheels.

That makes roughly 177hp to the motor, (IF you even have any of these mods to begin with) you'd be making roughly 6 hp to the motor more than an SS/NA. But yet you claim the SS/NA would have an intake, so plus 8. Therefore it would be 177 to 178. However bolt ons never give you that much hp, especially to the wheels. Your not running that close to an SS/NA. And even if you somehow got close it was more than likely because the other cobalt didnt know how to race for ****.

And are there any more parts you happen to "forget" (or make up for that matter) to add to your b.s. claims. Until you can actually prove your going to even come close to running a turbo don't talk. And dont play the "I'll let you figure that out on your own" game because thats showing you don't know the first thing about running a turbo, especially in this application.

you made up this whollleeee damn post.. and forgot to talk about wheel sizes and weights. the 17" factory wheels would hold the SS/NA back enough that the LS/LT would most likely win. Same power but easier to put to ground.... and get going...
Old 12-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by TurboBlackBalt
Im confused. His signature says 15.933. My car went 16.1 completely and utterly bone stock. An intake, exhaust and header should get more then .2 at the track? Maybe you just suck driving. And SS/NA's have to be in the mid 15's stock (with a stick). Someone correct me if Im wrong about the SS/NAs?

unlike u im also an auto. and so is hers. b4 the header and downtube i was at 16.4 but idk what my stock is.

Quick Reply: Tuning for the 2.2!!!!