2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Tuning for the 2.2!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rallyyellow06
Your honed manifold is gaining you only a few small horses.

Lets see

Catback-10 (on lucky side)
CAI- 8 (on lucky side)
Downpipe- 10 (on lucky side)
Manifold- 6 (on lucky side)

32 HP to the motor, thats going to make you (and to be nice) 20 to the wheels.

That makes roughly 177hp to the motor, (IF you even have any of these mods to begin with) you'd be making roughly 6 hp to the motor more than an SS/NA. But yet you claim the SS/NA would have an intake, so plus 8. Therefore it would be 177 to 178. However bolt ons never give you that much hp, especially to the wheels. Your not running that close to an SS/NA. And even if you somehow got close it was more than likely because the other cobalt didnt know how to race for ****.

And are there any more parts you happen to "forget" (or make up for that matter) to add to your b.s. claims. Until you can actually prove your going to even come close to running a turbo don't talk. And dont play the "I'll let you figure that out on your own" game because thats showing you don't know the first thing about running a turbo, especially in this application.
appearently u dont read things the company u supposedly work for puts out. they dynoed and said that an injen short ram puts 6-8 at the wheels with an auto. the book was givin to me by gm at there trailer at hin in boston and nyc. so dont give me that on the lucky side crap. 2 the way u talk i dont even think ur a tech. how bout u give me the number for ur chevy dealership so i can call up too see if u actually are. cuz i wouldnt even trust u to change my oil.

but yeah tuning would be nice.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Banned

Really? GM Dynoed aftermarket parts for what reason? Whats this "book" called? Because Its highly unlikely GM is handing out books saying "here, go mod your car with parts that aren't gm accessories" And looking at the sales and aftermarket materials on GM's internal site theres no such article showing a dynoed cobalt with INJEN. And GM dosent pass out anything to its techs, everythings online, you need something you find it.

As far as giving you the number to my dealership you can f*** off, theres no way in hell you'd be getting that from me. Thats something called a stalker.

And cobalt kid do you have any timeslips or dynos to prove anything you've said? You've based all your racing claims on r/t's which dosent mean that much. You've also yet to produce any pictures of anything you've talked about. Like making the cavalier header work on the cobalt by rocking the engine forward. Well common sense tells you its going to rock back and BAM! Thers a smashed header. Wait...you took it off...for what reason? It didnt work. So if you have any other parts or ideas your pulling out of a questionable place, please share them with everyone, because otherwise you'll be adding to the "I'm an idiot" figure you've placed yourself as.

niknyce what exactly did I make up in my post?

As far as tuning, it would be great, but it wont be around until at least Summer 07
Old 12-27-2006, 08:44 PM

its called inside ecotec , handed out at the gm stand made by tpr. it sais what it does since at the time im sure there was no gm short ram for sale. it also lists parts gm sells for its ecotec engines and engine specs. and i do have the time slip from my run. and all the reciepts from everything ive bought. the only reason i took out the header is cuz my buddy had one the same material that he cracked so i just upgraded b4 i had the chance. theres plenty of clearance as soon as you make it past the crank casing. and since the bolt pattern is the same (something u prolly didnt know) it worked fine. never any pics though. never thought i was gonna need em. and since ive proved u wrong over and over i think ur just getting jealous that im more modded then u r. as for pics of other parts i may have a few idk . heres some

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/mod-pics-41890/

just to prove rally wrong

tuning would be beautiful
Old 12-27-2006, 08:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Kid
how do i know he is. same pic with same backround as on myspace cobalt group were he said he was. and yeah i do know what i want to acomplish with my winter list, i have been talkin to as many mechanics as i can and were running though ideas to try and get this to work. so i know im lookin at alot of money and alot of time, but in the end i think it will be well worth it.
I think you need to continue to do further research or talk to different people who know about your car...just by going by your winter list:

1. An AFC won't work on your application
2. Why would you need an Fuel Pressure Riser if you think an AFC is going to work?

Raising the fuel pressure isn't always the way to get more fuel and an fuel pressure riser when adjusted will raise the fuel pressure at idle as well as during wide open throttle. It's not an efficient way of getting more fuel ALONE and in your situation you're planning going into.

Also, you could put on that fuel pressure riser and during wide open throttle, because of your computer, it will pull injector pulse to keep at an air to fuel ratio that it wants to run and not what you want to run.

This is why there is an importance of a computer programmer.

So before you try and tear at other people, maybe you should think more and concentrate on what yourself and not others. Not trying to sound insulting but being truthful.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned

its called inside ecotec , handed out at the gm stand made by tpr. it sais what it does since at the time im sure there was no gm short ram for sale. it also lists parts gm sells for its ecotec engines and engine specs. and i do have the time slip from my run. and all the reciepts from everything ive bought. the only reason i took out the header is cuz my buddy had one the same material that he cracked so i just upgraded b4 i had the chance. theres plenty of clearance as soon as you make it past the crank casing. and since the bolt pattern is the same (something u prolly didnt know) it worked fine. never any pics though. never thought i was gonna need em. and since ive proved u wrong over and over i think ur just getting jealous that im more modded then u r. as for pics of other parts i may have a few idk . heres some

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41890

just to prove rally wrong

tuning would be beautiful
Obviosly the bolt pattern is the same its the same damn motor. No one disputed that. And youve said in another thread you got rid of it because you were going turbo, so you change your story again. Now its because your buddies cracked because of the coating. Hmmm, interesting. Or maybe the fact you didnt dispute the fact that once it was on the engine would rock back and smash the header. Interesting.

As far as your INSIDE ECOTEC where "GM DYNOED THE INJEN" you've just shown your a real smart one. TPR is a private magazine, the reason GM handed it out is because it showcased parts for the ecotec. There was probly a fully customized Cobalt sitting next to it with similar parts you forgot to mention, they were handing it out to show you (along with many others) that "this is what money and time can buy you, a **** load of extras" not "Look, GM dynoed aftermarket ****".

And as far as your stupid thread. WHOOP TEEE!

You have a picture of an INJEN CAI

Look, same intake...WOW

You also have a picture of a catback sitting on the floor, wow, that really helped you beat someone when its not installed.

Drilled/Slotted rotors sure do make you go SO FAST.

Rims...who cares...no one

And as far as your last pic of your "3 inch lowered cobalt", hate to break it to you but thats NO WHERE near 3" of drop.

2" front, 2.5" rear. (no idea what its settled to)

Your drop is comprable but no where close to 3" all around

And making your thread to "prove me wrong" did absolutly nothing.

Wait...wheres that GM Honed/Ported exhaust manifold?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

Old 12-27-2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
I think you need to continue to do further research or talk to different people who know about your car...just by going by your winter list:

1. An AFC won't work on your application
2. Why would you need an Fuel Pressure Riser if you think an AFC is going to work?

Raising the fuel pressure isn't always the way to get more fuel and an fuel pressure riser when adjusted will raise the fuel pressure at idle as well as during wide open throttle. It's not an efficient way of getting more fuel ALONE and in your situation you're planning going into.

Also, you could put on that fuel pressure riser and during wide open throttle, because of your computer, it will pull injector pulse to keep at an air to fuel ratio that it wants to run and not what you want to run.

This is why there is an importance of a computer programmer.

So before you try and tear at other people, maybe you should think more and concentrate on what yourself and not others. Not trying to sound insulting but being truthful.
yeah ic were ur comin from, since u did have a turbo sunfire. yeah my winter list doesnt say anything about adding the bigger injectors yet. but that would prolly be a good way to go. but u would need one or the other since without tuning it wouldnt compensate for bigger injectors.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned

The computer wont compensate for it. It will be useless to add bigger injectors and all that other stuff because the computer will just equalize injector pulse to what it should be.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:23 PM

yeah ic were ur comin from, since u did have a turbo sunfire. yeah my winter list doesnt say anything about adding the bigger injectors yet. but that would prolly be a good way to go. but u would need one or the other since without tuning it wouldnt compensate for bigger injectors.
Originally Posted by yellowrally
The computer wont compensate for it. It will be useless to add bigger injectors and all that other stuff because the computer will just equalize injector pulse to what it should be.
He is correct.

There are alot of items that work hand and hand. You should do some reading on fuel systems and how they work cause that would help you out alot...I remember there was a time where it didn't make much sense to me but now I understand. If you need any help, let me know.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:31 PM

aight thanks dude.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:34 PM

aight thanks dude.
No problem.

But seriously, if you want to talk more, you can PM me on AIM/AOL or on this forum and I'll get back to you. AIM is the quickest way usually cause I have it on my phone most of the time.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Banned

No problem.

But seriously, if you want to talk more, you can PM me on AIM/AOL or on this forum and I'll get back to you. AIM is the quickest way usually cause I have it on my phone most of the time.
He'll even throw in his nipple rubbing pictures
Old 12-27-2006, 09:46 PM

He'll even throw in his nipple rubbing pictures
ssshhhh
Old 12-27-2006, 09:48 PM

oh the excitment lol jkin
Old 01-10-2007, 08:55 AM

i want to know if anyone knows anything about shaving the heads on my 2.2l and adding shims to it? will it actualy add hp or create a lot of problems
Old 01-10-2007, 10:16 AM

This is only true while at 14.7-1. The 2.2 computer has a PE delay set by RPM, not by a timer. The gradual A/F ratio you see on a dyno is an enrichment rate. You can add a 5th injector and when the ECM commands richer than 14.7-1 (PE) it will not pull fuel because of the extra injector.

HPTuners doesn't support editting the 2.2 Cobalt ECM, but it will work fine with VCM Scanner. You can log commanded A/F and see this happen.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 PM

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l22/bc3tech/SAFC/
Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 PM

is that a blue carbon fiber dash kit.......
Old 01-10-2007, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
is that a blue carbon fiber dash kit.......
yeah - it'll be getting nixed once the performance is done and i start on looks, tho. in favor of custom paint.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:46 PM

anyone see that turbo 2.2 in hci magazine makin over 1000 hp at 36 psi. that **** is sick. all on over the counter gm parts. NUTS. im gonna get a copy of the zine tomorrow but my buddy picked it up today thats how i saw it.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:46 PM

anyone see that turbo 2.2 in hci magazine makin over 1000 hp at 36 psi. that **** is sick. all on over the counter gm parts. NUTS. im gonna get a copy of the zine tomorrow but my buddy picked it up today thats how i saw it.