2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Turbonetics dropped us!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hypsy
Mods...This is not a sale post. If it gets to that point I will pay the fees and use this as a selling point but for now HRC just wants a gauge on interest. Thanks.

That being said on with some details. I just got off the phone with HRC discussing my car and other things, including the Cobalt 2.2L kit. As it sits right now the 2.2L kit is BEHIND BOTH the 2.0L twin-charged kit and the 2.4L kit for the simple fact that there is more demand being shown by those groups for the product. Those kits are TENTITIVELY set to be released around September or October and then the 2.2L kit 2-3 months after that, likely around the start of the new year. The 2.2L kit is going to be under $4000 like the Cavalier kit was. What HRC wants to know, and what you can do to help get your kit made sooner, is add your name to the list below if you are 1) Interested in the kit and 2) WOULD AND COULD BUY IT when released. Please do NOT post your name here if you are just interested but could not reasonably expect to buy the kit in 2006 were it released around the same time as the other two kits. I know a magical number for them but I am not going to post it because that might make people say they want it just to get it made and then back out. So please...IF YOUR INTERESTED AND WILL BUY THE KIT POST THE INFORMATION AS STATED BELOW!

this is why i didnt post anything i want to turbo but cant see my self comming up with 4 grand by the end of the year w\out putting my self into some debt you cant expect any one to commit and say they'll buy it with out any extra info all we knew is it would be under 4 grand well if im only gonna get 40 whp out of it why spend 4 grand or say ill buy it and then end up backing out cause its not worth ive seen the cavi kit and dont expect anything less but with out any real info your not gonna get any one to comit esp since most of us 2.2 guys arent loaded i know im not and paying for a turbo is something that ill have to work hard and save for
Old 07-17-2006, 12:34 AM

Enjoy your wait. I hope it's a long one.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Clmbngfrk18
this is why i didnt post anything i want to turbo but cant see my self comming up with 4 grand by the end of the year w\out putting my self into some debt you cant expect any one to commit and say they'll buy it with out any extra info all we knew is it would be under 4 grand well if im only gonna get 40 whp out of it why spend 4 grand or say ill buy it and then end up backing out cause its not worth ive seen the cavi kit and dont expect anything less but with out any real info your not gonna get any one to comit esp since most of us 2.2 guys arent loaded i know im not and paying for a turbo is something that ill have to work hard and save for
I don't know how you could even think a HRC kit would only give 40HP. That's a joke and an insult to them and their abilities.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:44 AM

it was just used as a point with out knowing any sort of information your not going to get many poeple to put thier names down like i said ive seen he kit for the cavi and dont expect any less
Old 07-17-2006, 12:49 AM

You shouldn't expect any less...especially considering it's gonna be essentially the same kit with different tuning...if it ever comes out.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:06 AM

20%-25% will really "mod" their car. (Not talking rims or tint, talking CAI, Turbos, Internals, Suspension, etc.)
that made me laugh
Old 07-17-2006, 03:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
not true at all... it's very bad business... people will buy this product... and how in the world would people on an internet forum "only saying" they want a turbo justify any business to go into R&D? a company that would spend money because people on the internet merely said they would purchase something, and then choose not to produce the product because people didn't respond is a joke... plain and simple... a company comes out with the prototype, tests it, gives results, gives a price, and THEN they gauge interest, and then if there'e interest, they go into production... who is going to say they want a product when at this point, we don't know any kind of definite hp #'s, price, reliability, or anything else... everything at this point is a guess...
I know I'm a bit late but I had to respond

Not disrespecting you or anything but I will have to disagree somewhat to what you're saying.

Yes, it sounds kind of silly to base your progression in developing a product based on internet forums BUT they are going to use this as 1 way to find out if interest is there. Now and days, internet forums have a large following and are a good representation of that specific car scene or enthusiest. Being that you guys are owners of non-import cars, you aren't as popular as say an Honda Civic, Toyota Celica and import cars of that popularity.

How often do you see a hooked up Cobalt running around with a 2.2 motor? I see alot of members here from NJ and I NEVER even see an SS/SC rolling around. This also gives you the hint that companies don't see them on the street often (or at all). This isn't saying that no one modifies them or isn't willing to buy them but it gives you an idea of the popularity level of cars and them being modified.

Also, companies are going to use Car Shows and magazines to see if there is a market out there.

So as far as using forums as an way to see if there is a market, it's a good idea. Heck, HP Tuners used the J-body.org as a good place to see if people are really that interested in having a tuning device. I think if it wasn't for them seeing the enthusiasm of ECOTEC owners in j-bodies, their development process could have been slower or non existent.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:06 PM

wow, honestly hypsy, if thats the way you feel, maybe you just disappear from this forum. If you were truly trying to help out, then thank you, but that thread wasnt the best way of doing it. Personally if I owned a company and wanted to see what kind of interest there was. I myself would've or someone from my company would post. If I thought it was gonna be a problem I would've contacted a mod. I'm sure it would be allowed and I'm sure halfcent is prob. more anxious to get this kit more than anyone else. Because this post has seriously pissed me off, I'm gonna call HRC on wed. myself and see what really is going on and tell them they shouldn't be judging on whether to build this kit because of that thread.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:32 PM

lol, there is no cobalt around me that looks like mine at all, thanks drifter 2 bodykit
Old 07-17-2006, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
lol, there is no cobalt around me that looks like mine at all, thanks drifter 2 bodykit
what the?????????????????????????????? what are u talking about????
Old 07-17-2006, 10:35 PM

I own a 05 ls cobalt with a injen cai a pace setter header and a full custom exhaust system ss suspension and 17 inch konig wheels with yokahama tires and thats why i have an ls its diffeent nobody around me has a car even remotly close to mine they are all bone stock 2.2s or SS's with all the same stuff done to them and for all of you who want a turbo kit now Maximumboost.net offers stage 1,2,and 3 turbo kits very nice kits the only thing u dont get is teh down pipe that you have to make custom but i plan on putting the stage 3 on my car this winter and the best part is the stage 3 only costs about 3000
Old 07-17-2006, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltR
what the?????????????????????????????? what are u talking about????
LOL!

Wow Hyspy

That is all.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:00 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by 05cobaltTC
I own a 05 ls cobalt with a injen cai a pace setter header and a full custom exhaust system ss suspension and 17 inch konig wheels with yokahama tires and thats why i have an ls its diffeent nobody around me has a car even remotly close to mine they are all bone stock 2.2s or SS's with all the same stuff done to them and for all of you who want a turbo kit now Maximumboost.net offers stage 1,2,and 3 turbo kits very nice kits the only thing u dont get is teh down pipe that you have to make custom but i plan on putting the stage 3 on my car this winter and the best part is the stage 3 only costs about 3000
Before you get all pumped about Maximum Boost, please check out the company and their reputation, preferably not by just Maximum Boost.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sort of let this thread go because it was getting me upset, and then I saw it grew to 4 pages so I had to take a look. Where in my original post do I mention HRC? lol. It's only a minor detour from the original, but boy did it pick up some heat along the way.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Before you get all pumped about Maximum Boost, please check out the company and their reputation, preferably not by just Maximum Boost.
xONE MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NJHK
xONE MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x 2!!