2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

vibrant hdr/dp no gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vibrant hdr/dp no gasket?

I ordered the vibrant header and dp from ttr and it came with no freaking header gasket. WTF! so now i leave in 7 days and have to wait for the RIGHT gasket to get sent here and get it put on. Oh and it's the weekend so ttr probably won't respond to me until monday. Like the tiger always says they're GRRRRRRRRREAT!
Old 02-13-2010, 01:17 PM

Mine came with 1 gasket for where the Header meets the Downpipe.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
reuse the stock head gasket
it comes with the collector gasket (header meets dp) as said above and thats it
Old 02-13-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mindrot
Mine came with 1 gasket for where the Header meets the Downpipe.
so where the hlle do i get the header gasket
Old 02-13-2010, 02:21 PM

it a steel gsket and reuse it
Old 02-13-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by huckernage
it a steel gsket and reuse it
Oh ignorance gets me again. Sorry. Thank you guys. But after he put the header and dp on it sounds like there is a rattling noise maybe a leak. he checked for leaks i know cause i helped him. he said there were no leaks. he also said that it could be since the stock piping was an inch longer he had to pull the rear exhaust toward the motor so that he could bolt the dp on the the rest of the exhaust system so he forgot to check and see if any part of the exhaust was hitting the car and could cause a vibration. It vibrates pretty bad and you can hear something that sounds like an exhaust leak which are very unique sounds so im pretty sure it's a leak. but ill find out what it is when i get the rest of my 2.5" exhaust ran. he said if it's still making the noise or vibrating to bring it back to him and he will fix it.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:41 PM

video plz

how is the feeling now?
Old 02-13-2010, 06:46 PM

video plz

how is the feeling now?
when i first cranked it up it had white smoke for a few minutes but then it went away. i guess that was the inside of the header and dp burning for the first time. as far as how it feels, i doesn't feel like i lost any power if anything i gained but itjust feels like it's not running right but i did get rid of the catalytic converters so that may have something to do with it. and keep in mind i do not have the whole exhaust installed yet, it's only the vibrant header and dp connected to the stock exhaust.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:04 PM

no change in your sound
Old 02-13-2010, 07:48 PM

no change in your sound
yes it sounds a lot louder than what it did with the stock manifold and dp on it. it's not getting any louder though it's just a constant sound never gets quieter or louder.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by flyy
Oh ignorance gets me again. Sorry. Thank you guys. But after he put the header and dp on it sounds like there is a rattling noise maybe a leak. he checked for leaks i know cause i helped him. he said there were no leaks. he also said that it could be since the stock piping was an inch longer he had to pull the rear exhaust toward the motor so that he could bolt the dp on the the rest of the exhaust system so he forgot to check and see if any part of the exhaust was hitting the car and could cause a vibration. It vibrates pretty bad and you can hear something that sounds like an exhaust leak which are very unique sounds so im pretty sure it's a leak. but ill find out what it is when i get the rest of my 2.5" exhaust ran. he said if it's still making the noise or vibrating to bring it back to him and he will fix it.
I'm currently having minor rubbing issues at the flex pipe section. It's hitting the stock front sway bar i think. Please note: I'm an Automatic. I have yet to figure out a solution for it. I may suppress it by putting a layer of heat wrap around that part of the sway bar.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:14 AM

I'm currently having minor rubbing issues at the flex pipe section. It's hitting the stock front sway bar i think. Please note: I'm an Automatic. I have yet to figure out a solution for it. I may suppress it by putting a layer of heat wrap around that part of the sway bar.
Is it making a vibrating noise for you and vibrating your entire car when you get on the gas?
Old 02-14-2010, 08:44 AM

mine ticks a lil bit, it maybe my injectors, the sound of the exhaust or a leak

im using some bolts that werent supplied so there maybe air leaking thru there

and a week after i installed my header it loosened a lil and it was a loud ticking and went away after i tighten it back up
i had a bolt come off the downpipe and blow a gasket and it sounded like straight header haha

but its probably a baby leak in one of connection areas, no sure and never have a chance to check it out
Old 02-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with the vibrant do you have to rotate the coolant pipe? it might be hitting that?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
with the vibrant do you have to rotate the coolant pipe? it might be hitting that?
idk im not the one who put it on.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by flyy
Is it making a vibrating noise for you and vibrating your entire car when you get on the gas?
Its only under 25% throttle in first gear and the beginning of second gear. It's very specific to RPM and % throttle. It sounds like metal on metal vibration and it comes from where the Downpipe is. When it vibrates it also alters the tone of the exhaust. I'm going to jack it up when the snow and ice goes away so that I can get a better look at it.

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
I don't think its hitting that at all. But I'll have to double check later. I use to have a custom cat-back on with my Vibrant set up. I just recently had the Ark set up put on and that's when the vibrations started. Hmm, maybe its the cat-back hitting something..

Last edited by Mindrot; 02-14-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-14-2010, 03:36 PM

Its only under 25% throttle in first gear and the beginning of second gear. It's very specific to RPM and % throttle. It sounds like metal on metal vibration and it comes from where the Downpipe is. When it vibrates it also alters the tone of the exhaust. I'm going to jack it up when the snow and ice goes away so that I can get a better look at it.
Dude mine is doing that same EXACT thing with the RPM specific and being only first and second gear. I know what it is at least for me, i put my car on ramps earlier today. The flex pipe on the vibrant down pipe is hitting the sway bar and making the whole front dash vibrate (haha i know vibrant/vibrate what a coincidence) but it's only when the motor is is at a certain rpm, the reason why is because the flex pipe isn't actually touching the sway bar in fact it's about an inch above it, BUT! when the rpm is high enough the motor moves which makes the flex pipe do what it does best, flex. Therefore it's moving down a whole inch and tapping on the sway bar as the exhaust goes through it. Now how do we fix this problem? I'm not sure, but I was thinking about using some heat wrap to soften the sway bar so the vibrations wouldn't be as bad. Idk got any ideas, that's what's wrong with my car anyway.

Last edited by flyy; 02-14-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Pizza!
Old 02-14-2010, 03:46 PM

get solid mounts so the motor doesnt move under loads, i have the TTR upper solid motor mount and the tranny bushings

when i rev the motor doesnt move at all, but u got an auto huh? but still look into getting better mounts maybe
Old 02-14-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by DSmastery
get solid mounts so the motor doesnt move under loads, i have the TTR upper solid motor mount and the tranny bushings

when i rev the motor doesnt move at all, but u got an auto huh? but still look into getting better mounts maybe
I can get the mounts just dont have the money right now.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:17 PM

I agree with the Mounts. That would be the last resort for me.

Flyy, it's good to know im not the only one out there

Last edited by Mindrot; 02-14-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-15-2010, 01:01 AM

I agree with the Mounts. That would be the last resort for me.

Flyy, it's good to know im not the only one out there
i know when i saw that you had the same problem i was like phew at least im not the only one working on this issue. we'll figure it out.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:47 AM

maybe the vibration is the free flowing header and downpipe coming alive, as my car has vibs but its cuz i have solid mounts and lowered haha
but its not hitting anything and im the 2.0 lsj
Old 02-15-2010, 10:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Why.. Oh, why, would you get that Vibrant combo.. 1.75 primaries are too big for just a motor with bolt-ons like you said you were doing.

Oh well, you'll figure it out sooner or later.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:55 AM

maybe the vibration is the free flowing header and downpipe coming alive, as my car has vibs but its cuz i have solid mounts and lowered haha
It's a metal on metal vibration
Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 AM

nah it's hitting man you can distinctly hear it.

Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx
Why.. Oh, why, would you get that Vibrant combo.. 1.75 primaries are too big for just a motor with bolt-ons like you said you were doing.

Oh well, you'll figure it out sooner or later.
because clear image wouldn't answer their phone and im leaving this week for england so i have to ship my car before i leave.

Quick Reply: vibrant hdr/dp no gasket?