2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Want make faster k plz thx :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by REIGN SS
NA exhaust is a bit different the Turbo exhaust
true that haha. 3inch for turbo. 2.5 for NA. what i said is very important for NA if im not mistaken...
Old 05-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by balt21
true that haha. 3inch for turbo. 2.5 for NA. what i said is very important for NA if im not mistaken...
I made that comment b/c the OP mentioned he has experiance with turbo volvos. It didn't really have to do with your comment
Old 05-20-2008, 02:16 AM

I made that comment b/c the OP mentioned he has experiance with turbo volvos. It didn't really have to do with your comment
haha yea thats what i was thinkin afterward. its getting late i was just making sure my car brain was blurring things together lol
Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Raz

I appreciate the comments, and I'm aware that my low end torque curve will suffer

However, spending most of my time north of 4000 rpm, all I care about is flow. Backpressure is only something that you care about if all you want is low end torque and "driveability" whatever that is

You guys are all right, but I've got a few notches in my tuning belt, and I want to go for flow this time around, just make this thing breathe in and out as best as it can

Just gotta find a guy locally who'll let me play with his Tech II

I guess, once intake and exhaust is as good as it'll ever get, I'll get the biggest goddamn cams I can get my dirty hands on and get 'er tuned

- R
Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM

As for springs, yes the SS/SC springs are probably the cheapest but you will only get a small drop...
SS Springs are great, I have them on my LS. Better cornering and acceleration, its not the end of a suspension upgrade but defninitely a start. Drop is about 1" on front and back.

If your thinking about eibachs lowering...let me put this into perspective..a guy out here in vegas has them...like 6 of us went out. I had stock springs and people that were eating my dust said my rear end was coming completely off the ground. His eibachs were causing his body to hug the ground to the point where he was scraping constantly...

SS suspension seems for me to be a pleasant middle ground, enough drop, enough lift, enough stiffness
Old 05-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Raz

Originally Posted by avenger09123
SS Springs are great, I have them on my LS. Better cornering and acceleration, its not the end of a suspension upgrade but defninitely a start. Drop is about 1" on front and back.

If your thinking about eibachs lowering...let me put this into perspective..a guy out here in vegas has them...like 6 of us went out. I had stock springs and people that were eating my dust said my rear end was coming completely off the ground. His eibachs were causing his body to hug the ground to the point where he was scraping constantly...

SS suspension seems for me to be a pleasant middle ground, enough drop, enough lift, enough stiffness
Cool!

What all have you weight-shaved by the way? What can I remove and still be comfortable? Any lead weights anywhere that I can get rid of or anything? lol :-)

I use my car as my daily/work driver. and I use it FOR work, so it's kinda important in the mileage/comfy-ness sectors.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 PM

thats a good question RAZ. my g5 is real heavy. i have power windows, and stuff like that thats probably why. not taking those out though lol.
looking to just take some out. cant take back seats out, kids. cant take spare tire out. who the F would. cant take the engine out cause im not riding my bike to work.

any downfall from the SS springs? slower accel? i would assume it would be better for driving too cause cuts out some air that would go under that car. and whats the average price for these. i seen 60s.

how much you think junk car places would sell their 2.4 mani off 2.4l cars? instead of buying it from CED, was going to look into junk places and see if they will let me unbolt that and put it on my 2.2.

thanks
Old 06-02-2008, 10:04 PM

what are you going to accomplish with a tech two? a software update? sorry if this is a dumb Question, but Having worked at a dealership for going on 7 years with 10 tech 2's I was unaware of any performace upgrades for a 2.2... please explain
Old 06-03-2008, 12:37 PM

yo man, whatever you do. DO NOT put a shorty header on. like c'mon, lol.

I have a AEM CAI, OBX racing header, custom flex pipe, magnaflow high flow cat, custom 2.5 pipe (hand bent) magnaflow muffler, and prothane tranny mounts. and i keep up with stock civic si's (the new ones), I can win against ss/na's if i shift good. or start in the right gear.

i know there are guys here that have the same header. for real there like isn't even a DP.

exhuast mods are the cheapest for a little power. should just build your own custom turbo. im workin on mine,

Old 06-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Raz

Looks good

Going with the pacesetter header, without the coating, just going to coat it myself. Home made exhaust. ebay intake. found the intake manifold for 102 dollars on gmpartsdirect, getting the trifecta tune next month.

should be good.

considering keeping my stock ride height... I drive on ALOT of gravel roads for work

- R
Old 06-03-2008, 11:49 PM

if you buy the mani without the kit it isnt bolt on. you need the gaskets for the swap from crate engine depot. why not just support them for developing the mod while your at it?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM

When i got my header it came with gasket. Just needed a custom flex pipe. Well worth it.

I was getting this weird sound like my heat plate was hitting something from when i changed my mounts. Changed my oil yesturday and I noticed a crack in my resonator. Got a new one put in for free. Thanks to my exhaust place. Now the whole car feels different again. Takes off way better...clutch even feels better. With it cracked i still beat a maxima, and my friends TL. Both were auto.

my vidstheres 4 or5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZhlUdFctC0
Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And yes, the stock pads are FTL
Fixed.

I hate when people start blaming the OEM rotors for a problem that originates with the pads. I kept the stock rotors with different pads and run that as a road racing setup and do not have one single problem with them. The only rotor I can think of that *might* be an upgrade over stock are the Brembro blanks that are out there.