2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Where are my intelligent members?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
right...IDK I was hoping maybe to see 185 whp with all those mods guess ill keep dreamin
Old 01-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Fail Less.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes. keep dreaming. fully bolted and tuned n/a 2.4s dont hit those numbers. as i said. about 150s with the first mod list you posted
Old 01-06-2009, 03:18 PM

just for arguments sake...Threw A S/C on it with injectors belts pullies.(everyhting needed including a tune) what could I see as for that?
Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by StrongIslandBalter
just for arguments sake...Threw A S/C on it with injectors belts pullies.(everyhting needed including a tune) what could I see as for that?
If you include good intake, header, DP and exhaust I would say 225-235 whp
Old 01-06-2009, 03:41 PM

Well I thank everybody for their advice, definaltly alot of intelligent people on this board but I will resume with the n/a build to run juice on it. DOnt get me wrong Ia very impressed with the Ls,Lts that run S/C's and T/C's on them ) Lets just hope I can hit 13's with this )
Old 01-06-2009, 03:44 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Well I thank everybody for their advice, definaltly alot of intelligent people on this board but I will resume with the n/a build to run juice on it. DOnt get me wrong Ia very impressed with the Ls,Lts that run S/C's and T/C's on them ) Lets just hope I can hit 13's with this )
Good luck man, I would look more into what type of nitrous shot you can run with fully forged internals. You might make upwards of 275 to 300 HP if you ran a nice shot.

That would be nasty at the track. Also, don't forget supporting mods like Clutch, axles and cutting down on wheel hop.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Fail Less.

I installed an m62 on a 2005 cavalier. no mods except a catback and intake, even had the gm canned tune. it threw down 215 ish and it smoked my SS/SC when i was on the stock pulley. I'd hate to see what it could do with a better tune and header-back exhaust.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned

do you have auto or manual?

I would seriously doubt 13's with that setup. if you have an auto i would expect mid-high 14's, and if you have a manual low-mid 14's. i'd be really shocked to see a 13 run though.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by philupondes
NOT to talk **** or anyhting but you did say Where are my intelligent members? but you keep asking what about this or this or that, look the 2.2 cobalt was not made to haul ass or go fast thats not what they had in mind when making this car, all the bolt ons and intake and exhaust and all of thoes things are made to make your car RUN BETTER not RUN FASTER, these things are just putting the motor at ezzzz, yes they do jump numbers a lil on a dyno, but to get what you are wanting you need a bigger better powerplant or a power adder, but yet adding superchager or turbo, you are going against the reason for the car. to get a 2.2 to run with a 2.0t you are going to need time and MONEY, but heres a hint go buy a ss/tc
its so blatantly obvious with that comment that you're new here....

for the most part, these ecotecs are almost identical. its no harder to make power with one of them than it is with another....
Old 01-07-2009, 01:04 AM

thanks for the back up hunter....yeah you know what maybe F/I is the way to go..but after reading some of what these guy wrote in the past If I fully put forged internals in as what I stated I would be able to run a nice shot on the setup that I have and umm I forgot who asked but yes I do have the auto. seriously though I dotn appreciate the flaming or bashin you dont like what I have to talk about dont look at the thread. Hence I look for the people with knowledge to help out with newbs such as Hack,Hunter,Sentry,Illmatics
Old 01-07-2009, 01:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hah, anytime man. I will say tho...unless you're trying to be unique, going boosted is the cheapest way to make HP on these motors. being unique is cool, and 200whp NA would be bad ass, but it would also be around $8,000
Old 01-07-2009, 09:40 AM

Is it even possible to SC and 08 LS with SAI w/o removing it?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Banned

Is it even possible to SC and 08 LS with SAI w/o removing it?
why not just remove it then?

Originally Posted by philupondes
guys we drive cobalts not race cars,

no you are worng yea I maybe new to own a cobalt but I'm not new to making power, just look at my pics

and I'm not saying you cant make power but why? its a cobalt, do a little here and there get your bolt ons and be happy whatever I just saying its a cobalt.
you're obviously not a true car enthusiast... some people have to work with what they have. a cobalt is a cheap car to buy/modify. it will never be crazy fast without alot of work, but still, your typical modified cobalt here is going to be faster than 99% of the cars you come across on the street day to day.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:07 AM

hey man i feel the same way you do.........dont beef up the engine and just do bolt ons and a tune.......the save your cash and get a SS/TC........its a much better platform........to make your 2.2 what you want it performance wise......well its cheaper to get an SS/TC

as far as the SAI delete i need mine done so if we team up and do the research and find a place we can make the trip together

Last edited by Tank07; 01-07-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-07-2009, 10:10 AM

Yeah well Iam only 18 workin two jobs school full time I have to work with what I have... Believe me if insurance wasn't gonna kill me I wouldve bought the SS at the time but its all couldve,wouldve, shouldve I guess / Just tryin to have a lil fun with what I have
Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 AM

Yeah well Iam only 18 workin two jobs school full time I have to work with what I have... Believe me if insurance wasn't gonna kill me I wouldve bought the SS at the time but its all couldve,wouldve, shouldve I guess / Just tryin to have a lil fun with what I have
ya man i hear you 100%.........im 18 as well.......do full bolt ons and a tune and you will feel a power difference.......your not gonna have a race car but your not gonna be broke off your ass either.........plus to make what an SS does is gonna cost anywhere from 5-10K easy

so do full bolt ons your looking at 2500-3k including a tune and have fun wit it........plus bro we live on LI.......we cant go fast anywhere cuz of the traffic and damn smokeys
Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tank07
hey man i feel the same way you do.........dont beef up the engine and just do bolt ons and a tune.......the save your cash and get a SS/TC........its a much better platform........to make your 2.2 what you want it performance wise......well its cheaper to get an SS/TC

as far as the SAI delete i need mine done so if we team up and do the research and find a place we can make the trip together
why mod an ss/tc when for a few grand more you can get a better faster car... see the point? there's always something better out there.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
why mod an ss/tc when for a few grand more you can get a better faster car... see the point? there's always something better out there.
because i dont see a point in dumping cash into a 2.2......price it out and you will see HP per dollar is much less with an SS/TC then modding a 2.2

plus GM did an overhaul on that thing........just check out some of Maven's posts
Old 01-07-2009, 10:21 AM

I know as for tank I feel like theirs PD around every corner like evrey chance I see an open stretch ill see a cop pull out and now with the sherrifs on the highways errr. Just lookin to make my car a little quicker hopefully beat some of my friends every once in awhile as for d4 I know what your saying just in general yeah its a little extreme but you can get the cobalt ss/tc then you say for a few more grand impala ss,camaro(when they finally come back lol)and then a vette. So i see what your saying that their is always gonna be a faster car out there just depending on how much you wanna dish out
Old 01-07-2009, 10:21 AM

So, you couldn't make your 2.2 better with 10 grand to boot?

With the amount of money you would spend on that 22-23k SS/TC you could make your 2.2 a fully built drag car with the suspension swap and everything.

Now, you won't get the aesthetic advantages like the seats/sound system, but most people replace that anyways.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:30 AM

sentry always knows what to say to make me smile lmao
Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sentry
So, you couldn't make your 2.2 better with 10 grand to boot?

With the amount of money you would spend on that 22-23k SS/TC you could make your 2.2 a fully built drag car with the suspension swap and everything.

Now, you won't get the aesthetic advantages like the seats/sound system, but most people replace that anyways.
u have a point there but i cant bring myself to put parts into a car that are worth more then the car itself....
Old 01-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tank07
because i dont see a point in dumping cash into a 2.2......price it out and you will see HP per dollar is much less with an SS/TC then modding a 2.2

plus GM did an overhaul on that thing........just check out some of Maven's posts
so again... for a few grand more you can dollar for dollar get more hp with other cars than a tc... so why mod the tc, why not just save money for a better car?

point is, you can always buy a better car for more money. at that rate, why mod your car at all. why mod the tc when for a smilar price difference you can get an evo? why mod an evo when you can get a c6? why mod a c6 when you can get a z06? it keeps going up, and up, and up.

dump a nice sized turbo on your 2.2, and then see where the dollar per dollar is.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
so again... for a few grand more you can dollar for dollar get more hp with other cars than a tc... so why mod the tc, why not just save money for a better car?

point is, you can always buy a better car for more money. at that rate, why mod your car at all. why mod the tc when for a smilar price difference you can get an evo? why mod an evo when you can get a c6? why mod a c6 when you can get a z06? it keeps going up, and up, and up.

dump a nice sized turbo on your 2.2, and then see where the dollar per dollar is.
your right when it comes to that there will always be a better car with a bigger price tag....and a turbo setup would not be killer..........but why not get a car that is already turboed and make it better

i mean these are all options
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM

lol this thread went from a set up question to buying vettes and evos lmaoo

Quick Reply: Where are my intelligent members?