2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Wheres It At

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay thank you for being so on the ball, helps future members see where they'll be at. okay so once again if you don't mind maybe you can go into engine detail...o and what do you think your hp is to the crank...and do you think 200 is amazing for the weight to hp ratio? i feel like iam interviewing you haha

o and also lets say you put on a 50 or 75 shot where do u think u be on ur 1/4

Last edited by StrongIslandBalter; 08-08-2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-09-2009, 12:03 AM

not a prob i have details beyond that too haha, i keep a spreadsheet :P
i wouldnt know what the exact is, but would estimate it to be approx 225-235 to the crank right now
as far as hp to weight, all motor I feel its a great number. And will be better soon

as far as the 1/4 mile, i run a 14.95 now, but should be low 14s with a good day and driver mod. so with nitrous i would be low 13s
Old 08-09-2009, 02:06 AM

nwae=cotm .....lol your my messiah....btw are you running stage 2 cams? and how many retunes did you need..and what octane are you running
Old 08-09-2009, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by StrongIslandBalter
nwae if i may ask how much money have you put into your engine, and whats the whp? and btw isnt nitrous safer then turbo since turbo is boosting the engine all the time and nitrous is only strain when used? just throwing it out there )
turbo isnt always boosting. you hit boost when you stomp on the gas. if you drive regularly it will feel normal
Old 08-09-2009, 10:52 AM

yeah... but its the turbo always working, like it only workers harder when you get on it, but nitrous is only used when u want to?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:44 AM

isnt that the supercharger thats always working? i know with turbo you stay in vaccum til you get on it then you go into boost. driving with a turbo and not gettin on it is i think i repeat i think, is basically like driving NA. if im wrong in any of my info someone please correct me
Old 08-09-2009, 01:56 PM

so black with ur ls/tc any cars you beaten that are impressive?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:25 PM

havent had a chance to race with it yet. its still gettin worked on. i hope by the time i get home it will be done so i can tune it and take it to the track after the engine gets broken in. my old engine spun a bearing cause i was leaking oil and couldnt find it, i finally found it one day as i got under my car to desperately look for it, i drove on base fixed it, then was goin off base for more oil and it started knockin. went out a little earlier then i had wanted but was good cause i was wanted to build a engine wit internals and i was deployin around the time and id have the funds for it. so it worked out pretty good for me
Old 08-09-2009, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by BlackCobalt707
isnt that the supercharger thats always working? i know with turbo you stay in vaccum til you get on it then you go into boost. driving with a turbo and not gettin on it is i think i repeat i think, is basically like driving NA. if im wrong in any of my info someone please correct me

Turbos generally start to really give you boost in the mid to upper RPM range. Positive displacement supercharges(like the one in the Balt for example) give you boost all across the RPM range. Also, Centrifugal superchargers function like turbos as they also start to make boost in the upper RPMS.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:01 PM

so you can not floor it and get into ther upper rpm range and still see boost?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 PM

so you can not floor it and get into ther upper rpm range and still see boost?
If you're talking about the Superchargers on the Balts, If you floor it through any RPM, you will get boost on demand.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:51 PM

nwae=cotm .....lol your my messiah....btw are you running stage 2 cams? and how many retunes did you need..and what octane are you running
thanks lol, i am running stg 2, and i need 1 retune cause we had no wideband when we originally tuned, other then that i am good haha
and im running 92octane
Old 08-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
very much so

as far as hp youll probly be sitting at about 175whp

for more power, fhave head, port polish, custom intake mani, port/polish tb, increased valve size, adjustable cam gears, built valve train, 5 angle valve job, bore out cyl, higher compression

after that and a lil more im hoping for high high 200's whp, and it will happen

im about to do the whole head, intake mani, and tb, should be about 22-240whp when tuned and done
stg 2 ss/sc here i come
high 200 whp??

you have to modify the intake mani from what i hear...
all you really need is the 2.4 intake manifold..or you can go to vulcan and get theres

nwae if i may ask how much money have you put into your engine, and whats the whp? and btw isnt nitrous safer then turbo since turbo is boosting the engine all the time and nitrous is only strain when used? just throwing it out there )
nitrous is safe pending how you set it up and how much you use it..i know plenty of people who have ran countless bottles through there car and there still running, including mine

not a prob i have details beyond that too haha, i keep a spreadsheet :P
i wouldnt know what the exact is, but would estimate it to be approx 225-235 to the crank right now
as far as hp to weight, all motor I feel its a great number. And will be better soon

as far as the 1/4 mile, i run a 14.95 now, but should be low 14s with a good day and driver mod. so with nitrous i would be low 13s
i think you should almost be touching high 12's..there was a guy on here with 2.4 mani, full exhaust, intake, street tires, and a 75 shot that ran a 13.7 with a 2.2

if you keep out of boost your pretty much a N/A car tuned..

so black with ur ls/tc any cars you beaten that are impressive?
i can answer this..i was running pretty much the exact turbo set up as him..
i **** womped a stage 2 SS with catless downpipe, 2.5 inch cat back, header, intake cooling mods. and tune
From a 60 roll...he was in 3rd and i was in 4th..due to my slipping clutch. And i still put a car length on him.

all i got to say if your shooting for big..remember your gonna have to build
Old 08-09-2009, 09:23 PM

yes, high 200's in the end

and the 2.4 is ok for flow, better then stock, but not great, and vulcan would SUCK for n/a build...it doesnt flow at all, great for boost packing the air in there, but for ultimate suck through you want a short runner tubular style, so im having one made

and with a full build eventually, with the right conditions high 12s would be possible
Old 08-10-2009, 01:01 AM

wow i havent seen preston ont he forums for awhile and nawe i expect great things from you lol. o and whats wideband?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:14 AM

yes, high 200's in the end

and the 2.4 is ok for flow, better then stock, but not great, and vulcan would SUCK for n/a build...it doesnt flow at all, great for boost packing the air in there, but for ultimate suck through you want a short runner tubular style, so im having one made

and with a full build eventually, with the right conditions high 12s would be possible
well i was refering to a boost build..the vulcan mani.
and now that i am back to n/a i have been looking for a 2.4 mani and TB like mad and having no luck really

and not trying to sink your ship..but i dont see high 200's N/A. I just dont..ha but i would love to be proved wrong!

wow i havent seen preston ont he forums for awhile and nawe i expect great things from you lol. o and whats wideband?
im on here all the time lol
just dont post much in the 2.2 section because its like the same posts over and over but i will stick my feedback in once in a while.

wideband measures your Air Fuel mixture..its a must if your going to be doing any boosting or any really big modifications. Its a must for tuning too!

most common one on here is the AEM Uego wideband i believe its called..something like that anyhow lol
Old 08-10-2009, 03:14 AM

afr gauge
we did just a road tune at the time

Originally Posted by Preston
well i was refering to a boost build..the vulcan mani.
and now that i am back to n/a i have been looking for a 2.4 mani and TB like mad and having no luck really

and not trying to sink your ship..but i dont see high 200's N/A. I just dont..ha but i would love to be proved wrong!

im on here all the time lol
just dont post much in the 2.2 section because its like the same posts over and over but i will stick my feedback in once in a while.

wideband measures your Air Fuel mixture..its a must if your going to be doing any boosting or any really big modifications. Its a must for tuning too!

most common one on here is the AEM Uego wideband i believe its called..something like that anyhow lol
youd be surprised what could happen when its bored out, stroked, high compression, fully built... i think its VERY possible

Last edited by NWAE Cobalt; 08-10-2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Blue_Balt
If you're talking about the Superchargers on the Balts, If you floor it through any RPM, you will get boost on demand.
i was referring to a turbo.

but i do have an update on the status of my car. it throwin 1 and only 1 code that my vehicle speed sensor is unplugged. this seems farfetched but could that cause my car to not idle?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:31 AM

i was referring to a turbo.
My bad.

Since the Turbine in the turbo is driven by exhaust gases, the amount of the throttle and engine RPM have a lot to do with how much boost you'll see. If you're not flooring it while in the upper RPM then you wouldn't see much.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:37 AM

thats wat i was tellin the OP
Old 08-10-2009, 02:06 PM

nwae, promise me when your car hits 220whp, you'll tone down the exhaust, it's just gonna be too much cause i know you, you'll be second gearing it all over town lol.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the saab set up will bolt up to a 2.2...the turbo manifold, the turbo, the oil lines are all straight bolt ons, the hot charge piping is too, goes under the engine, than go around the driver side of the radiator, into a IC, than out into a injen intake, or JDM intake. which ever you want, and thatw ill go into your manifold, and bamm...your turbo now...geta BOV on the hot side of the piping, have trifecta tuner for a blow thru MAF turbo kit, have a customer downpipe made and your set...200whp, 270wtrq@6psi could be yours...well maybe less since we do weight 500lbs more than the cavys do :p but i dont think weight affects the dyno

the saab set up will bolt up to a 2.2...the turbo manifold, the turbo, the oil lines are all straight bolt ons, the hot charge piping is too, goes under the engine, than go around the driver side of the radiator, into a IC, than out into a injen intake, or JDM intake. which ever you want, and thatw ill go into your manifold, and bamm...your turbo now...geta BOV on the hot side of the piping, have trifecta tuner for a blow thru MAF turbo kit, have a customer downpipe made and your set...200whp, 270wtrq@6psi could be yours...well maybe less since we do weight 500lbs more than the cavys do :p but i dont think weight affects the dyno

Last edited by Jn2; 08-10-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-10-2009, 02:26 PM

270 tq???
Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM

270 tq? what size are saab turbos?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM

270 tq? what size are saab turbos?