2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

whos 2.2 is this? they supercharged it, #2 for 2.2SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i never mest with it as far as the govener gos i dident care to much about it .. you need to cut the gasket.. u only cut about 1/4 in slant in there .. if you dont it will cause the pvc to puke out oil all over the engine plus you will get a little more bost out of it.. i was at 10psi with out it cut and i noticed after i cut it i was making 12psi.. and there was no more oil comming out the pvc tube...

ill post a pick later for you to look at..
Old 12-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks alot yellowshowbalt for that... i have the picture where to cut it though... if i have a problem i will take it back off and cut it... what did you use for the lower intake bolts the one that are longer then the rest?

i am going to go out to the garage and get more pictures and put them up tonight

Last edited by misfitcobalt; 12-17-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-17-2007, 07:52 PM

damn guys, this is a whole new route. this opens my eyes. id love to do this especially if its cheaper than TC. im gonna need to find out as much as possible about this build.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 PM

so gm did take ur warranty? that not something im too psyched about, but hey.

whoever makes a how-to or a quick write up, can they include a parts list???

for the sc'd guys, are u still running stock axles??

and one more thing, you guys think i shood use the money i put away for rims to buy rims or sc my 2.2??
Old 12-17-2007, 09:38 PM

Until something viable and proven comes along, I would suggest you wait on putting your money towards supercharging your 2.2 IMO
Old 12-17-2007, 09:47 PM

oh and can we safely boost more then a 2.0??
Old 12-17-2007, 10:25 PM

im still stock as far as axles go but i did put in a stronger clutch..

no we cant boost more then a 2.0 in less we change are pistons and rods.. and head gasket..

i told you go to the hardware store and get 2 bolts that are grade 8 and is m6 -1.0mm 3in long put a lock washer and a flat washer on them and bam your done.. you realy need to cut that gasket..
trust me do it right....

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 PM

hmm.... im rlly likin this, and ur able to beat a stage II ss/sc u said. jus gonna keep readin up n talking to u guys for a while first tho.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:30 PM

thats fine get all the info you need that way theres no surprises..

btw .. the first thing to break or go bad will be the oxygen sensors, then it will be you cat will stop up.. and lets see your running stock injectors so you will be running lean under boost so good by motor..... even 2 pounds of boost will make you car flip out and your injectors will go static that means they will stay open and dump fuel and at 10psi there wont be enough fuel so you will be very very lean... thats why you need the bigger injectors...

but what do i know.. lol...

Last edited by yellowshowbalt; 12-17-2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: forgot to tell the bad...
Old 12-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by yellowshowbalt
i lost my warranty at 8000 miles due to abuse is what they called it... i was geting ready to dyno it but had some problems yesterday... so i took the sc off my car...and took it back to stock...

hey misfitcobalt i asked you some very impotant questions.. could you please reply back.. if you dident do those steps you will cost your self alot of money...

btw i was running 9s-9.3s at the local 1/8th miles drag strip... at 75-79 mph... i have alot of spinning.. what happend to my car was the ignition module went out cousing constant misfires.. due to the bosch platinums +4 i had in there.. i had it on there for 8mos and 22000 miles later..

please dont take this as me being rude.. but theres alot to know about supercharging the 2.2...
ive been there and done that...

ps. i have 1500.00 in the hole setup including stage 2 pully and injector, and letinfienger air to water intercooler with the smt-7 tunning software... and all the hard parts.. i bought all the main parts off a wrecked ss for 350.00 then you add the gm stage 2 thats another 500.00+the intercooler that was 110.00+ tunning software witch was anouther 450.00+ little odds and ends like new gaskets and bolts and intercooler hoses.finshed out the rest of the money..

i was at 15psi with intercooler hose mod with full porting and 4-1 exhaust manafold with custome 3in down pipe and 2 1/2 cat back system. and a home made cai..
i was killing stage 2 ss off the line and at a 40mph role.. the only time they would pass me was when i hit the top speed limeter at 105mph...
you lost your warranty becase of the SC?
Old 12-17-2007, 10:45 PM

haha well i planned on bigger injectors and one or 2 stage colder plugs. the price list u put up earlier, that included injectors right?? i dnt have to time go back n check as i have to hit the sack, get to get up at 5:30 am ish for school. awsome. and if you dont mind i'd like to stay in contact with you to learn as much as possible about this. damnit, why do u have to live in Kentucky, thats ok, i got misfit in Binghamton which is where im hopefully going to college n my friends fam lives, so ill tell my rents im goin to see my friends fam n come home supercharged, theyll never know until they drive it. lol

real quick question, i wood be getting 60lb/hr injectors anyways but can u swap some of the internals from an sc to a 2.2, ex: pistons, w.e else u will need =D lol

and u will lose ur warranty for this correct? even tho it is a gm part?
Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 PM

no i lost my waranty becouse of a aftermarket exhaust and i squealed my tires leaving the dealership.
they replaced my clutch and the problem was still there it was the diff going out in the trans they told me that it was my clutch and it was sliping so i said im going to se what a non sliping clutch feels like and got on it hard brought it back and said there was no difference in the clutch and the grinding noise was still there.. to make a very very long story short. they took my waranty on every thing including the interior... the hole dam car...

no you will lose you waranty if you do any thing thats no gm performance parts and is for that car... so that means if you go and buy the gm SCer kit for the 04 cavy and put it on your cobalt they will void you waranty becouse its not for the cobalt...

yes you can but its better to just buy pistons and rods for the 2.2 theres reasons why gm uses th 2.2 ecotek and not the 2.0 or the 2.4..
Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 PM

new video

i just put up a new video on youtube should be up tomarrow
Old 12-17-2007, 11:26 PM

cool lets see
Old 12-18-2007, 08:56 AM

vid please
Old 12-18-2007, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by BigTizzle903
haha well i planned on bigger injectors and one or 2 stage colder plugs. the price list u put up earlier, that included injectors right?? i dnt have to time go back n check as i have to hit the sack, get to get up at 5:30 am ish for school. awsome. and if you dont mind i'd like to stay in contact with you to learn as much as possible about this. damnit, why do u have to live in Kentucky, thats ok, i got misfit in Binghamton which is where im hopefully going to college n my friends fam lives, so ill tell my rents im goin to see my friends fam n come home supercharged, theyll never know until they drive it. lol

real quick question, i wood be getting 60lb/hr injectors anyways but can u swap some of the internals from an sc to a 2.2, ex: pistons, w.e else u will need =D lol

and u will lose ur warranty for this correct? even tho it is a gm part?
Ok bud, you need to do A LOT more research before you go forth and boost your car. First you need to understand how it works. Once you understand how it works you need to understand how much power your going to make. From there that will tell you what size injectors you will need and what types of internals you will also need. To start off, you need to give yourself a power goal. And let me tell you that if your goal is over ~230whp then your going to need some internals. But honestly the M62 is NOT the best way to go if your reaching for high 200hp or more.

You can use the LSJ rods, but its suggested to use aftermarket pistons because the pistons in the LSJ arent forged but the rods are. If you do that you WILL need to buy LSJ pistons because the wrist pin is different on the LSJ. For anything below 250hp, 42lb injectors will work perfectly. All the things yellow has pointed out are the small things when it comes to supercharger your car. The biggest and most important part about it is going to be your tuning. Good luck =P
Old 12-18-2007, 09:45 AM

you mention oil and junk puking out the pcv, well i get that on mine too. I was going to put an air/water filter from an air compressor on the hose coming out of the valve cover and pipe the hose into the intake. Right now I have a hose going from the valve cover, to sitting in the engine bay with a small crancase filter on the end.

so it would look like this

Valvecover========(---)========Intake

The thing in the center is the filter.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by pjk91
you mention oil and junk puking out the pcv, well i get that on mine too. I was going to put an air/water filter from an air compressor on the hose coming out of the valve cover and pipe the hose into the intake. Right now I have a hose going from the valve cover, to sitting in the engine bay with a small crancase filter on the end.

so it would look like this

Valvecover========(---)========Intake

The thing in the center is the filter.
Thats what a catchcan is for!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by yellowshowbalt
thats fine get all the info you need that way theres no surprises..

btw .. the first thing to break or go bad will be the oxygen sensors, then it will be you cat will stop up.. and lets see your running stock injectors so you will be running lean under boost so good by motor..... even 2 pounds of boost will make you car flip out and your injectors will go static that means they will stay open and dump fuel and at 10psi there wont be enough fuel so you will be very very lean... thats why you need the bigger injectors...

but what do i know.. lol...
truth man. i was waiting for someone to post it up.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 PM

wheres this vid... dam slow ass youtube....
Old 12-18-2007, 02:20 PM

Waitt... so they can take my warrenty even if i just do exhaust, headers, and intake? Something sounds really fcked up to me.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYsZIGJ1TJA

here is his video btw. couple things wrong here

1st, does anyone else notice that when he starts his car, that his idle rev is at like 1500+ the whole time??
2nd, u didnt open ur garage, real smart when starting a car :P
3rd, running ur car without tuneing to begin with is gonna cause some issues, regardless if u did it "right" in ur mind
4th, im surprised u havent thrown any codes as of yet. trust me, they are coming sooner then later.
5th, im not saying u cant wire up a wideband, but it may be wrong, anyone else to back me up on this??

thats nuff for now
Old 12-18-2007, 05:28 PM

im with ya delta as far as 1# hes useing a lsj tb and dident rescale it..

it will throw a check engine light as soon as it get off the cold start mode. ...
Old 12-18-2007, 05:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Delta2.2

thats nuff for now
Hater alert!! If you are hear just to be negative then why don't you go back to the "Off Topic" threads where you built your 1,200 post count. Because you certainly don't belong over here mr. intake and exhaust!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ebristol
Hater alert!! If you are hear just to be negative then why don't you go back to the "Off Topic" threads where you built your 1,200 post count. Because you certainly don't belong over here mr. intake and exhaust!
excuse me

i am not a hater bud. im just as curious as the next guy on this forum. the reason i state this stuff is because his setup has flaws and im just pointing them out.

if i was bashing the guy, id tell him off and make fun of him badly. but im not. and im letting him know of what he needs to do so that he doesnt destroy his car.

i got my post count on lots more then off-topic discussion. i wish there was a option on here to see where all ur posts are. because barely any of mine are in that section.

edit: btw u should check ur car, stage2 + 2.8 = bad to me anyway, at least get it HPT by someone

Quick Reply: whos 2.2 is this? they supercharged it, #2 for 2.2SC