2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

whos 2.2 is this? they supercharged it, #2 for 2.2SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
agreed.

Last edited by ebristol; 12-18-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no, ok i was saying i wish u could find the post count/number in each section of the forums. im not that dimwitted

anywho, back on topic. lets not go offtopic. PM me if u want to further this discussion
Old 12-18-2007, 06:29 PM

don't know what i am doing?

if i don't know what i am doing then one what don't i have any check engine lights..... you said you had a check engine light on when you changed your exhaust...idle's high right now because there is a hose not connected right now for the moment.... i guess me being ford master ceritifed means nothing............ i know what you are going to say ford........hay thae **** breaks and pays my bills
Old 12-18-2007, 07:00 PM

interesting stuff...2.2 supercharged..
Old 12-18-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey misfit I'm not bashing you man.. but you need to do the steps right.. just because you can read the gm build book doesnt mean you know everything... congrats on the ford master certified... but you work on factory crap not high performance.. you skipped steps and i think you don't care about them..
but it your car BTW you should only be talking to me about this because i did this first and to date i have 22000. miles and 8mo ahead of you..... you haven't thrown any codes yet.. have you even driven the car more then just around the block... i could go on forever but to date this is where i stand

I'm master certified in yahama,polaris,victory,suzukie, plus I'm ASE certified.. just because you have a little certifications dose not mean you know everything... i would like to see better pics and vids of you setup... i don't mind helping any one on here.. because knowledge is power..
Old 12-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Hey man I think your car is awesome by the way! Have you done any more vids of your car? And how much hp do you think your at?

Originally Posted by yellowshowbalt
hey misfit I'm not bashing you man.. but you need to do the steps right.. just because you can read the gm build book doesnt mean you know everything... congrats on the ford master certified... but you work on factory crap not high performance.. you skipped steps and i think you don't care about them..
but it your car BTW you should only be talking to me about this because i did this first and to date i have 22000. miles and 8mo ahead of you..... you haven't thrown any codes yet.. have you even driven the car more then just around the block... i could go on forever but to date this is where i stand

I'm master certified in yahama,polaris,victory,suzukie, plus I'm ASE certified.. just because you have a little certifications dose not mean you know everything... i would like to see better pics and vids of you setup... i don't mind helping any one on here.. because knowledge is power..
Old 12-18-2007, 08:42 PM

im around 250-265 give or take ill dyno it jan the 25 with all the other louisville area cobalts
Old 12-18-2007, 09:41 PM

Man, misfit im all for your build and hope it continues to go well. i hope that all the kinks can be worked out becuase this is a sweet build and id like to do it one day.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:34 PM

ok. so maybe im confused because this is basically my biggest obstacle. im not sure i wanna lose my warranty or not and im sure u said it somewhere in ur post but its been a long day..

u said the only reason u lost ur warranty is because u spun ur tires leaving the dealership?? and not because of the supercharger. and the only way u can lose ur warranty by supercharging the car is to use non gm parts when u do this? so basically if u do it ur fine unless u use non-gm parts???

and to the person who said i have no idea what im talking about, your right, i dont. which is why im here asking so many questions. and i like the idea of swapping interior. anyone know if the backseats of the coupe and the sedan are the same?? if so i might pick up a set of recaros from a junkyard or somethign.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:30 AM

interior

BigTizzle903 im not 100% sure of the back seats is your car a sedan i am going to have to look at it to be sure
Old 12-19-2007, 12:34 AM

you will lose your waranty for any aftermarket or oem parts that did not come on you car from the factory........................................... ........ ive never showed my car to any dealer for them to see..
some dealships dont care in less you try to waranty something...others if they see any thing on the car thats not factory will take the waranty right there... even your wheel and tires...... meaning if yourcar had 15s on there and you put 18s on there and you have a problem with lets say your brakes or your struts or axles.. and you take it in if they think your 18ss caused the parts to go bad they will refuse to fix it for free.. and will take you waranty......does everyone understand now......

in my case i lost the engine waranty becouse of my exhaust.. the big free flowing exhaust can cause harm to my engine.. and took the waranty....on the engine and becouse i squiled the tires they said abuse and took the rest of my waranty... but becouse those part werent gm chevy cobalt genuwine parts.. there not gm tested and could cause harm..

meaning if you take a sc off a 2.0 and put it on a 2.2 or 2.4 those parts did not come on you car from the factory it will void the waranty....no mater what gm car you got them from........ even if you buy a lsj ported factory header and put it on your car and lets say the oil pump goes out for instance..
they can refuse to waranty the repair saying the exhaust was aftermarket and caused the engine to run hotter causing the oil to burn up faster making it thin and the oil pump went bad becouse the enginewas hotter the oil was thinner and the friction was greater so there was more metal in the oil and thats what burned up the pump..........they can and will do this to people im not kiding.....

does everyone understand my example............yellowshowbalt.....
Old 12-19-2007, 06:19 AM

also, i wud listen to any advice showbalt gives. he knows his ****. he learned the hard way. alot of people bashed him when he first did his sc conversion, and he's jus tryin to help a brother out.

also, as for everyone else. its cool if u wanna go F/I. learn the difference bt turbo n sc. ask questions, don't just be like "HOW-TO!!!". ya its cool. ya its a pain in the ass. turbo kits are expensive for now...our cars r new...give it time. the new 08 tc comes out, and the tc kits will drop greatly. just watch. also, lol...if u want a how-to of making ur car have forced induction...ur looking at atleast a 25 page write-up. there's alot of stuff to know, and alot of parts to replace. u just dont slap on a turbo/sc n go. doesn't work like that. if u do that...u'll hear a BOOM, and picture the eclipse gsx from FNTF. Anyway u look at it, ur gonna be dropping money. There is no "cheap" way. Also, realize that an sc gives instant boost for off the line, where as a turbo gives u high end boost (spooling). As for the sc vs tc...idk about anyone else, but i have some nice specs for when i tc my car, compared to if i sc my car. alot of people (not bashing anyone) just need to READ...ALOT about what they wanna do for their cars. Being a Pioneer is cool, but its not exactly the safest. Showbalt is a pioneer for us 2.2 guys. But ask him how much fabricating, and things he messed up/had to re-do for his car. (Not saying anything bad about u Showbalt! Just stating a fact) U guys just need to read, ask questions, and figure out what u want. Like SW4Y said, set a power goal, and figure out what u need to reach it. U can't just be like "I'm gonna sc my car today". U need to think about ALOT of stuff. Also, tuning isn't easy. Alot of people don't realize it, but in order for ur car to run with f/i, u need to be tuned, and u need a fuel management system. I mean, there's so MUCH u need to take into consideration when doing something massive like f/i, nitrous, etc...

I'm NOT trying to bash anyone. Please don't take what I said the wrong way. There's alot u need to learn however before doing something like a custom SC conversion. It's not simply following a How-To. Also, remember, custom jobs, have custom problems. My buddy has a Saturn SC-2 with a vortech V1 supercharger, rebuilt engine (except for the crank), stage 3 6 puck clutch etc... His problem was blowing gaskets...continuously. He now knows why, and has to fab alot of things. Just bare in mind its not easy.

-ryan
Old 12-19-2007, 08:16 AM

nice cobaltdriver trust me ive broke a lot of ****.... mainly sensors and whatnot.... plus every car is different
Old 12-19-2007, 09:10 AM

I'll be doing the conversion in May of next year. Thats when my lease is up. Until then I have a S/C sitting in my room....
Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 AM

yellow didnt ya ever think of getting a lawyer?? or it just wasnt work it to ya?? most of the **** they dont cover under warrenty anyways they wouldnt cover rotor problems.. oo well gave me the excuse to buy from adam them nice slotted rotors and new ceramic breaks

i planned to SC my car, but have help off for a long while... just probably going to go NA probably...

Mines never tried to void mine even when once i caused the problem with a aftermarket lighter and blew out the electrical

sometimes i understand peoples belief not to get a warrenty.. my dealership has to fix my modified car though if i wrecked it.. all my performance parts are covered under my insurance.. my plan covers add ons and performance parts as long as you have the receipe.. well some mechanic has to fix it, maybe not gm but someone does

i wonder how good the procharger kit is?? a couple people have it, but dont have it fully tuned.. all this trouble for a big addon, makes me nervous.. maybe NA is my best best, cheaper probably to do..

What you think showbalt?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:50 AM

and also if you're worried about your warranty this is NOT the project for you! learn to fix your own crap first...
Old 12-19-2007, 12:15 PM

after seeing what shops want for repairs, i learned how to do it all myself.. at least what i can do for now..

isnt to hard actually, just gotta play around with it and make sure to keep all bolts torqued right
Old 12-19-2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt4Life
yellow didnt ya ever think of getting a lawyer?? or it just wasnt work it to ya?? most of the **** they dont cover under warrenty anyways they wouldnt cover rotor problems.. oo well gave me the excuse to buy from adam them nice slotted rotors and new ceramic breaks

i planned to SC my car, but have help off for a long while... just probably going to go NA probably...

Mines never tried to void mine even when once i caused the problem with a aftermarket lighter and blew out the electrical

sometimes i understand peoples belief not to get a warrenty.. my dealership has to fix my modified car though if i wrecked it.. all my performance parts are covered under my insurance.. my plan covers add ons and performance parts as long as you have the receipe.. well some mechanic has to fix it, maybe not gm but someone does

i wonder how good the procharger kit is?? a couple people have it, but dont have it fully tuned.. all this trouble for a big addon, makes me nervous.. maybe NA is my best best, cheaper probably to do..

What you think showbalt?
Check out the thread on high horsepower NA. Its definitely not cheaper. For the same power your spending twice the price, and with that 2x money you've spent, you coulda been making 400whp.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:25 PM

ooo.. from what i saw it seems near even on a couple other threads. i bascially wanted forged crank, rods, pistons, stage 1 cams, studs, some other small stuff.. i no i want them parts period.. crank was 700 rods were 400, pistons, 400, cams 400ish i believe, studs 100some.. not to bad.. i planned on buying part by part down the road and doing all the engine work at once..
Old 12-19-2007, 01:30 PM

thats the way to do it... not everyone can shell out 1500.00 or more at once....or even 500.00 is still a lot when you have a crap load of bills....
Old 12-19-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt4Life
ooo.. from what i saw it seems near even on a couple other threads. i bascially wanted forged crank, rods, pistons, stage 1 cams, studs, some other small stuff.. i no i want them parts period.. crank was 700 rods were 400, pistons, 400, cams 400ish i believe, studs 100some.. not to bad.. i planned on buying part by part down the road and doing all the engine work at once..
Your wasting money on the crank.... Its good for 600hp. Your never gonna hit that NA anyways... And to make any power NA you will need to rev higher then 6500rpms will will require better springs and valves. So thats another 700 right there. Look at the price list i posted in that thread, its pretty accurate.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:41 PM

2.2 cranks can handle 600?? didnt no that.. i need to view this thread.. so then.. but for a desent forged motor.. what do you recommend to do.. what if i plan to go forced induction in the future?? what do ya recommend.. i no i dont want to ever go past 300.. ib be plenty happy at 230.. it comes to a point where to much power would be useless for me.. now i am thinking of doing a partial forge motor and then some sort of forced induction, like a basic turbo, nothing fancy.. i just want some more pickup to my car. yea i hear ya i got plenty of bills thats why it would take me a long while to do it.. would be waiting till income tax time.. i no i want forged rods and pistons, thats just something to get out of the way.. i dont want to half ass anything, want it done right at the beginning so that i dont have to worry about it in the future..

btw i have auto.. where is the thread btw.. couldnt seem to find it.. :::very very tired, rough week::

Thank you showbalt and sw4 for the help, you two know your stuff well and taught me quite a bit.. i am always open to learn.. ::a lot i dont know and would like to know :::
Old 12-19-2007, 02:48 PM

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/highest-amount-power-torque-2-2-can-have-without-fi-88246/

The problem your going to run into with going from NA power to FI is your compression ratio you pick for your build. Lower compression for FI, higher for NA(is the rule of thumb). if you arent sure what you wanna do then stick to stock(10:1) or go with 10.5:1 and you can run some moderate boost on that without running race gas. for the money vs perform NA isnt worth it IMO. But its really all up to what you want. Oh, and not a problem dude, thats why im on here, to help. =P

Oh yeah, and im not certified in anything but computers. I learned by experience all on my own throughout the past year. You just have to be willing to read A LOT and if you learn quickly like i do, your golden.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:23 PM

well i know its off topic but i got bord and just made a home lite weedeater mount up t a 21 speed mountain bike and it will pull you up to well i dont know yet... i can get to 15th gear. and its still pulling but i run out of road. deadend street.. but its cool put it in 1st stand up and you can ride a wheely forever nonstop at like about 1mph.... turn it and everything... its neet... sorry but back to uhh.. what are we talking about ??? hey MISFIT how about a update... where you at now??? whatcha working on now....

so heres a count by me.. you put the supercharger on the car..1 you showed on vid of 1st start. and then anouthe when you was showing the engines of your car... if you wouldent mind.. spend some more time showing us more pics or vids of the engine at cleaner better angles... then how about a nice eazy drive no boost and then a drive of ????? how much boost are you making???? i missed that.. well howerver much boost you are making...
Old 12-19-2007, 11:38 PM

update

well here's in update for everyone............just got done wiring in the ss injectors tonight got my piggyback lastnight and for tomarrow going to start cutting into my engine harness to wire it up should be up and boosting this weekend

Quick Reply: whos 2.2 is this? they supercharged it, #2 for 2.2SC