Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
coil packs are simple to get a signal
Old 09-19-2006, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cvenom2122
coil packs are simple to get a signal
and where are those? how do they connect to them ? lol. i dont know much about that kinda stuff.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:55 AM

just wondering if you got the car dynoed or not, and if so what was your numbers
Old 09-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
o, so you like ricer math i guess...

we don't like paper racers
Actually I could give a crap how much power a car puts down on a dyno...

Because once again dynos are for tuning. Track times are what matters. If people only cared about numbers they could just race on dynos.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
well if nobody ever made a base line dyno and another after certain mods, nobody on here would know what the mods did. You can't really trust the company because the gains are always rediculously big because they do the baseline on a really hot humid day, or stuff like that.
And guess what a normal every day person's dyno will change the same way,

dynos are for tuning
Old 09-20-2006, 02:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nomoreavril
lol, well looks like its going to have to be some other day. they couldnt freaking figure out how to find my tach wire or whatever, because the computer need to read my rpms. they know how to do it on an 05 but ohhh no 06 they dont. so yeah. they said to call back in a day or two.
I had a feeling that was going to happen...
Old 09-20-2006, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by superSS/SC

Because once again dynos are for tuning. Track times are what matters. If people only cared about numbers they could just race on dynos.
Not everyone is a track racer.

Regardless, dynos serve a purpose like you said...tuning. Him going to the dyno right now is to see where he is starting from...a starting point. From there, he can start to see how much he has gained between changing parts and seeing the gains or losses between things. It's a good idea but most people don't do it.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NJHK
Not everyone is a track racer.

Regardless, dynos serve a purpose like you said...tuning. Him going to the dyno right now is to see where he is starting from...a starting point. From there, he can start to see how much he has gained between changing parts and seeing the gains or losses between things. It's a good idea but most people don't do it.
The gain or possible loss of an intake can be offsetted(sp? a word??) by dynoing on different days.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:24 AM

The gain or possible loss of an intake can be offsetted(sp? a word??) by dynoing on different days.
True but ultimately, this is just a start. Who knows what he'll finish with. If he does things in stages, like bolt ons...then boost...it's good to know where you start and where you finish. That's my case.

So if he dynos at 125 whp and then changes something and dynos at 140 whp (example), it's showing his improvement and that he's actually gaining instead of losing.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:10 AM

superss/sc i agree with NJHK its good to get a baseline dyno...seeing where u are starting at is always a good idea no matter if u can tune or not....just sounds like to me your bashing a 2.2 guy b/c he wanted to know....u just need to lay off dude
Old 09-20-2006, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by 06cobaltls
just wondering if you got the car dynoed or not, and if so what was your numbers
no, if you look up there, they are lame and couldnt figure out how to find the wires for my tach or something like that so the comp couldnt read my rpms so it was pointless, they told me to try back in a couple of days

anyone know how to find it?
Old 09-20-2006, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know that if the shop couldn't find your tach wire you should find a new shop....
Old 09-20-2006, 09:42 AM

isnt exhausts/intakes etc. tuning as well? just not doing it at the dyno? and its not necessarily just for tuning :

Speedtek Dyno Pricing and Packages:

Solo Pass: $65.00

This package includes 3 Base Pulls with Wide Band-02. No major tuning allowed.

Solo Power Pass: $100.00

This package includes 6 Base Pulls for a single car with adjustment time allotted in between runs. The time is not to exceed a maximum of 2 hours from the start of the first run. Tuning done by car owner.

Super Solo Pass: $125.00 per hour (Vehicle Limitations may apply – call or e-mail for details)

This package includes the full use of a Speedtek Professional Technician. They will apply all of their years of expertise into forcing out every available ounce of power from your vehicle.

* This package is backed by the Speedtek Performance Guarantee, which means that if we do not provide you with an increase in either Horsepower or Torque by the end of the session, you don’t pay!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:04 AM

I will be dyno'ing my car on Saturday hopefully. I will have no performance mods only Eibach Sport Lines, Camber Kit, and 18x8 Axis Wide Tracks. This way I know where I am starting and after intake/exhaust I will dyno again so I, and CSS.Net, will know what gains we make from the simplest modifications.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05sedan
superss/sc i agree with NJHK its good to get a baseline dyno...seeing where u are starting at is always a good idea no matter if u can tune or not....just sounds like to me your bashing a 2.2 guy b/c he wanted to know....u just need to lay off dude
You need to not try to stir up crap. I think it is dumb for anybody in any car to go dyno just to see what number it will be. If I see 2.0/2.4 guys getting baselines just for the number I will be sure to speak up.

Either way we are of different schools of thought.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:01 AM

track times mean **** to tons of people. i will never run my car down a drag strip so whats do track times do for me?

wtf is wrong with getting a baseline and didnt you start the "Stirring of the Crap"
Old 09-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Listerman
track times mean **** to tons of people. i will never run my car down a drag strip so whats do track times do for me?

wtf is wrong with getting a baseline and didnt you start the "Stirring of the Crap"
no
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...3&postcount=15

So are you going to say dyno numbers are more important than track times???

I've already explained what is wrong with getting a baseline one day at the dyno just for the number. You get a baseline.... the same day add intake/exhaust, dyno again tune a bit and dyno again. Not 3 baseline pulls, wait a month add intake/exhaust and dyno again. Like I said waste of time, gas, and money.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:26 AM

to me numbers mean more the track times. i give 2 ***** less if you can do a 1/4 faster then me. is there something wrong with the way i think?

that waste of time gas and money is irrelevant. you probably burn more gas slamming it down the track then i do. i get 3 pulls for 50 bucks and i can tune in between, add a mod, or whatever. that may not be available to everyone but some are still willing to pay.

who cares if you think one way and i think another. its our thoughts and we all dont want to be like you. we want a number, you dont. yippie skippie.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by listermen
to me numbers mean more the track times. i give 2 ***** less if you can do a 1/4 faster then me. is there something wrong with the way i think?

that waste of time gas and money is irrelevant. you probably burn more gas slamming it down the track then i do. i get 3 pulls for 50 bucks and i can tune in between, add a mod, or whatever. that may not be available to everyone but some are still willing to pay.

who cares if you think one way and i think another. its our thoughts and we all dont want to be like you. we want a number, you dont. yippie skippie.
Either way we are of different schools of thought.
I get 3-10 runs for 20 bucks and I can tune in between, add a mod, or whatever.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 AM

i like doing both, i'll try to go to the track tonight too, only 1/8 mile though, they dont have a 1/4 near me.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nomoreavril
i like doing both, i'll try to go to the track tonight too, only 1/8 mile though, they dont have a 1/4 near me.
good luck, go around the water box, have fun, report back
Old 09-20-2006, 12:44 PM

beat my time, and yes, go around the burnout box so u dont drag water on the track
Old 09-20-2006, 01:31 PM

no
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...3&postcount=15

So are you going to say dyno numbers are more important than track times???

I've already explained what is wrong with getting a baseline one day at the dyno just for the number. You get a baseline.... the same day add intake/exhaust, dyno again tune a bit and dyno again. Not 3 baseline pulls, wait a month add intake/exhaust and dyno again. Like I said waste of time, gas, and money.

when you havea new car and dont have alot of experience racing, getting a baseline dyno and dynoing again after mods will actually probably give you a better estimate of what you gained....see, i could go to the strip and run a 15.0 best of the day, then 3 days late, i could go run a 14.8 with the same setup because of humidity changes, temp change, or even just because i was driving better that day. If you really think it is pointless to dyno unless you are tuning, then why dyno ever? Just go to the track and tune like that, it is obviously so much more accurate
Old 09-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
when you havea new car and dont have alot of experience racing, getting a baseline dyno and dynoing again after mods will actually probably give you a better estimate of what you gained....see, i could go to the strip and run a 15.0 best of the day, then 3 days late, i could go run a 14.8 with the same setup because of humidity changes, temp change, or even just because i was driving better that day. If you really think it is pointless to dyno unless you are tuning, then why dyno ever? Just go to the track and tune like that, it is obviously so much more accurate
It isn't more accurate to strip or street tune compared to dyno tune. But for what you guys are saying you need baselines for, the strip could provide the same baseline for less money.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:59 PM

yeah, i only did the burnout box the first time i went to the track in january, i then learned with street tires its just a waste lol, so i always ignore it. i'm hoping i'll do better than in my focus, in my focus my best was 10.79@64, but it was over 100 degrees and i had an automatic so we'll see. anyone know the best way to launch in these cars? not used to launching manuals... i know if i do it at like 2k rpms i can start off slow but barely spin out, or if i do it at like 4k then i spin out quite a bit but it doesnt feel as slow

Quick Reply: will dyno my car tomorrow morning!