2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

yellows 2.2 supercharged "death"

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did I miss something that he did before or something, it's HIS car. He isn't saying, hey do this to your car, just that he did it and these are the results. Works for me, I won't do it, but I don't have bank for it. If he is full of it, which you know pisses me off, call him out on it.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:42 PM

really, i agree with you both here:

1) stupid to run your car till it blew, especially when you knew that blowing the engine was inevitable. It could've been ALOT worse- dropped pistons and such. Atleast your engine kinda laid down and died, and didn't decide to just kick the **** out of you before walking off.

2) thank you for doing that though. He did two cool things- he proved how tough a chevy engine is. i bet a ricer would crap itself without any tuning. and atleast he had it planned and has a back up. he's not some dumb kid saying "yo man, i'm gonna make the most bangest engine and like- beat all yo lame rahds". He's swapping engines, and rebuilding it.

Just do me a favor: get some kind of tuning on there. piggy back or SOMETHING. because if you have the $$ to keep fixing engines and replacing parts, i'll buy your tuning and you can send that budget and those shiney new parts my way.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:46 PM

I think the point that he is trying to make is that everyone said that the car would not last more than a month or two being supercharged without tuning, and his lasted 3-6 times that long while he drove the **** out of it. I give him props for trying something new, someone has to do it, and it may as well be someone that is not upset with the consequences. Does this mean I am going out to supercharge my car without the proper tuning? No, but he did to see what would happen. He hasnt said what his next plans are, but I am sure that it is something a little more reliable. +1 rep for being adventurous lol.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
actually adam...i would back off of him...sure its kinda waste of money, but if he has a second motor that was waiting to be dropped in...and he doesnt care what happens to the first, then you shouldnt either...hell..atleast now we have an idea of just how durable these engines are...if they survived THAT LONG without a tune...thats pretty impressive. anyway, he KNEW it would blow since it wasnt tuned....its not like hes going "why didnt it work!!?? i dont get it!!!"
see what im saying?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:51 PM

Yeah, not trying to argue, I hate seeing it, brings the site down in MY OPINION. I'm paying on my car (correction, we're paying on my car) so when I want to put the sc on my 2.4, knowing you can put that much punishment on a 2.2 is AWESOME, and is worth bragging about, MY OPINION, so why criticize him for doing it? The point IS it's his money and it did run for 6 months like that. Point me to the videos PLEASE!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is horrible.

Common sense is failing to apply here. We have absolutely no idea how "durable" these engines are as a result of this. There is no scientific method application here at all. There was no hypothesis, and no test of such. All he did was slap a compressor on an engine with nothing else just to "see" if it would work. And it didn't, it broke. So what did we actually learn? Nothing. We already knew it would break. And now it did.

And now he want to do it again? Hey, honestly, it is his money, let him spend it. But again, to what end? So it will break again? He's going to take the thing apart, find something thats broke, and then post saying "Here's what broke!" And so what? So that part broke. It means absolutely nothing.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
This is horrible.

Common sense is failing to apply here. We have absolutely no idea how "durable" these engines are as a result of this. There is no scientific method application here at all. There was no hypothesis, and no test of such. All he did was slap a compressor on an engine with nothing else just to "see" if it would work. And it didn't, it broke. So what did we actually learn? Nothing. We already knew it would break. And now it did.

And now he want to do it again? Hey, honestly, it is his money, let him spend it. But again, to what end? So it will break again? He's going to take the thing apart, find something thats broke, and then post saying "Here's what broke!" And so what? So that part broke. It means absolutely nothing.
Owned by the Mod
Old 08-06-2007, 10:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by th0ughtless
wow, the immaturity...
Of course yellows project isn't a perfection, he's not a GM Engineer...
It's not being immature, it's being a realist.

You don't need to be a engineer to understand things. Open a book and you can actually learn something before you touch something.

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
actually adam...i would back off of him...sure its kinda waste of money, but if he has a second motor that was waiting to be dropped in...and he doesnt care what happens to the first, then you shouldnt either...hell..atleast now we have an idea of just how durable these engines are...if they survived THAT LONG without a tune...thats pretty impressive. anyway, he KNEW it would blow since it wasnt tuned....its not like hes going "why didnt it work!!?? i dont get it!!!"
see what im saying?
That's fine if he has a 2nd engine

The thing is he's bragging on how long it lasted...when really...it limped to it's pitiful death. It's nothing to brag about and doesn't show how strong the engine is or how well his project is going.

It's nothing more than him taking 1 type of initiative and not knowing what he's doing the rest of the day.

This is horrible.

I <3 you Man-Penny

Last edited by NJHK; 08-06-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
how did I know this thread was gonna go downhill so fast.

damn guys it's his money.. I"m more worried about the idiots that follow his path (ones that use their car as their daily driver and don't have spare motors) Hey he tried it, it died, **** happens move on. Hopefully next time it's done properly with tuning, probably make some decent power too.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
how did I know this thread was gonna go downhill so fast.

damn guys it's his money.. I"m more worried about the idiots that follow his path (ones that use their car as their daily driver and don't have spare motors) Hey he tried it, it died, **** happens move on. Hopefully next time it's done properly with tuning, probably make some decent power too.
EXACTLY!

That's why I'm posting. I could careless what he does to his car but don't come on here thinking you made some type of accomplishment.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:28 PM

We have so thread ****** who ***** others threads he was trying to explains some stuff for others that might be able to help others but then the hookers decided to ***** up the thread
Old 08-06-2007, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by KillerBee
We have so thread ****** who ***** others threads he was trying to explains some stuff for others that might be able to help others but then the hookers decided to ***** up the thread
Honestly, I wasn't whoring. I made my comments and expressed how I felt.

He wasn't helping anything. He was saying what happened and making excuses for it happening like "I don't care, I have a spare engine".

Seriously, if you have that much money to just waste it, you should have bought a better vehicle.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No, he wasn't. He isn't looking for help, and he has none to offer. He knows what he is doing wrong, and doesn't care.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Honestly, I wasn't whoring. I made my comments and expressed how I felt.

He wasn't helping anything. He was saying what happened and making excuses for it happening like "I don't care, I have a spare engine".

Seriously, if you have that much money to just waste it, you should have bought a better vehicle.
Did he actually explain why he did it except for the fact he wanted to see how much it could handle i want to know more and why he did it i am curious and i agree with part of what you said
Old 08-06-2007, 10:39 PM

Did he actually explain why he did it except for the fact he wanted to see how much it could handle i want to know more and why he did it i am curious and i agree with part of what you said
Do a search under threads he started (you find it under his profile) and read the original thread.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:44 PM

No, he wasn't. He isn't looking for help, and he has none to offer. He knows what he is doing wrong, and doesn't care.
I have must of read what he was saying wrong my bad but my statement was not just to this thread it happens to other threads some are funny others are just wrong just how i feel but hope he comes back and explains himself

Do a search under threads he started (you find it under his profile) and read the original thread.
Alright gottcha now i understand sorry did not mean to address anything toward just you its happens in all threads but yeah you are right he should of got a better car

Last edited by KillerBee; 08-06-2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-06-2007, 10:47 PM

It's all good.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 PM

It's all good.
+rep for me being an ass
Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 PM

lawl
Old 08-06-2007, 10:50 PM

Hey i admit it i am not afraid of admitting it
Old 08-07-2007, 01:49 AM

Oh, so you can ruin the car in 6mo and 12k miles? OH YEAH? I bet I could drive my balt over Niagara Falls and beat you by 5mo 29 days, 30 miles.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 AM

my question now is what are you going to do to get it working properly?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:45 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so wait, if i slap a SC on my 2.2 i can beat the **** outta if for 5months, then get tuning and be ok?? now this makes perfect sense, thanks for the info, you are a God

..wow, i wish i could waste an engine, prove nothing, get PWN'd by NJHK, and a mod TWICE, and then dissapear
Old 08-07-2007, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by REIGNftSOLDIER
so wait, if i slap a SC on my 2.2 i can beat the **** outta if for 5months, then get tuning and be ok?? now this makes perfect sense, thanks for the info, you are a God

..wow, i wish i could waste an engine, prove nothing, get PWN'd by NJHK, and a mod TWICE, and then dissapear
ROFLMania!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
my question now is what are you going to do to get it working properly?

This is probably the only respectable responce.

The rest of you seem to like your opinions. Good for you. Whether you are right or not...Have fun scarring people away from the forum.

Quick Reply: yellows 2.2 supercharged "death"