2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

yellows 2.2 supercharged "death"

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tunning

reading all the threads about super charers and turbos i rally would love to go the supercharger route but i hear all this talk about tunning and Piggy backing could some explain to me wha is tunning i dont understand ?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 AM

Wowsers this thread had me riding the roflcoaster.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueSS-supercharged
dude back off. hes being respectful, why cant you
He already called me immature, I'm just living up to his expectation.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why cant yall be excited about this like me.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by kenstacy125
reading all the threads about super charers and turbos i rally would love to go the supercharger route but i hear all this talk about tunning and Piggy backing could some explain to me wha is tunning i dont understand ?
Tuning basically just means changing.

It's usually referred to either changing the amount of fuel consumption in a engine or altering the ignition timing.

Piggybacks are a unit that intercept the signal from your MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor or MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor to "trick" the computer thinking there is more air incoming than there might be or to think there is less fuel.

Originally Posted by yellowshowbalt
I'd be more excited if craig would let me rub his inner thigh.

Originally Posted by RedlineBrian
Wowsers this thread had me riding the roflcoaster.
I'm glad you're getting a laugh out of this.

Last edited by NJHK; 08-07-2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 AM

why so many ****** on this site
Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM

ok ay so i deff.. want to go the supercharger route cause i think a turbo kit isnt out for the ecotechs yet or is there now what do i have to buy to get this tunning done right or where do i have to go ?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by KillerBee
why so many ****** on this site
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Dee West!"

ok ay so i deff.. want to go the supercharger route cause i think a turbo kit isnt out for the ecotechs yet or is there now what do i have to buy to get this tunning done right or where do i have to go ?
You can turbocharge your car if you understand what is needed. I have a bunch of write ups to help you understand if you want.

Last edited by NJHK; 08-07-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Tuning basically just means changing.

It's usually referred to either changing the amount of fuel consumption in a engine or altering the ignition timing.

Piggybacks are a unit that intercept the signal from your MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor or MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor to "trick" the computer thinking there is more air incoming than there might be or to think there is less fuel.

I'd be more excited if craig would let me rub his inner thigh.

I'm glad you're getting a laugh out of this.
I would if you talked to me sweetly, baby. Well, give me some sweet talk and delete what I ask.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 AM

ok ay so i deff.. want to go the supercharger route cause i think a turbo kit isnt out for the ecotecs yet or is there now what do i have to buy to get this tunning done right or where do i have to go ?
and yes there are turbo kits out for every version of the balt'...
Old 08-07-2007, 11:16 AM

well where could iu find these write ups they would help out so much
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by craig
I would if you talked to me sweetly, baby. Well, give me some sweet talk and delete what I ask.
oh my god.. stop being a baby about that one f'inpost and stop whoring up this thread.. go take you stuck up semantics someplace else where people actually care about how you feel on an online forum.... jesus christmas
Old 08-07-2007, 11:21 AM

I wanna cup your ***** in my mouth and then go "weeeee" with a mouth full.

Sweet enough?

well where could iu find these write ups they would help out so much
http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1024

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35

Enjoy

Last edited by NJHK; 08-07-2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 AM

OMG this thread needs to go to the dungeon so adam and craig can mutually ********** or something. thats why i'm proud to not be a premium member..
Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 AM

youv done more with your cobalt then many others on here.

[QUOTE=chevysalesman614;1303348]OMG this thread needs to go to the dungeon so adam and craig can mutually ********** or something. thats why i'm proud to not be a premium member.. [/QUOTE

exactly

Last edited by BlueSS-supercharged; 08-07-2007 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 11:29 AM

why are a dick ?? man ok look i have perfic running engine a spare. so this engine blowing is ok to me bye the way. so whats the bet who thinks whats broke.
OK so it's perfectly fine to half ass something so long as you've got a spare. Please do us a favor and NEVER work for NASA, Boeing, or any place where you put the safety of others in your hands.

Originally Posted by tsunam1
I say push it, someone has to in my opinion. If he can drive for 6 months no tune @ 14 psi, then mine would be fine at 7.5 psi with tune for...well, a lot longer...... so I appreciate it, sorry it blew, would have liked to seen it go even longer....
LAWL. Now we're bench exploding.

Originally Posted by Halfcent
This is horrible.

Common sense is failing to apply here. We have absolutely no idea how "durable" these engines are as a result of this. There is no scientific method application here at all. There was no hypothesis, and no test of such. All he did was slap a compressor on an engine with nothing else just to "see" if it would work. And it didn't, it broke. So what did we actually learn? Nothing. We already knew it would break. And now it did.

And now he want to do it again? Hey, honestly, it is his money, let him spend it. But again, to what end? So it will break again? He's going to take the thing apart, find something thats broke, and then post saying "Here's what broke!" And so what? So that part broke. It means absolutely nothing.
THANK YOU HALFPENNY! Intelligent and to the point.

Why the original poster considers this an educational experiment I have no idea. If you want to **** money away, **** money away. But do us all a favor and don't parade around here pretending that you're doing the site a service, you're not.

If you want to slap f/i on the motor and drive it around, that's fine. Stupid, but fine. Now, had you had detailed logs of the car pre-supercharger, post-supercharger, and logging the changes noticed in between along with any tweaks you did to anything, THAT would be quasi-educational. People then may be able to see what failed, when, and POSSIBLY even why. People could possibly filter out the weak links and know what to build up first before going f/i. But no. You didn't.

Hopefuly he will attempt to tune the car and many without an automotive background will learn from it.
I hope to GOD that's not the case. No one, particularly people with NO automotive background should be learning from this guy.

i was willing to see how much the engine could handle before it poped and i have datalogs and vids of every single running even when it poped i pulled the saved files the engine leaned out far past 16. before it quite.
OK, then you want to help people, why not post up the logs. At the very least then at least someone would be able to see for themselves what was going on and you might actually get some helpful tuning hints from some of the many experienced tuners on here on how to make it more reliable on your next go-round.

Why should we be? We all knew what the outcome was going to be...what's there to be excited about?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:29 AM

Who needs to ********** when you can find a nice young man like craig to do it for you
Old 08-07-2007, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
LAWL. Now we're bench exploding.

Who needs to ********** when you can find a nice young man like craig to do it for you
Old 08-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Banned

Am I the only one who thinks that there is absolutely NOTHING to brag about because he couldn't make a reliable supercharged car and he's BRAGGING that he had "no tuning".

It wasn't the point you "lasted 6 months", it's the point that you were going to **** up your ride.
Finally some since out of this...

blowing engines that dont need to blow (not talking s.c)... I just dont get it
Old 08-07-2007, 11:36 AM

you could have been alot more helpful by giving that spare motor away to someone who really needed it. but instead, you chose to blow it up, and then laugh about it. right now, some guy is crying that his 2.2 is broken, and he can't afford to fix it.. so he's walking down the turnpike.. and i blame you yellowshowbalt.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Banned

Not mad....Maybe too much coffee. On that, I'll admit to an addiction.

While I would take absolutely no offence by your comments verbally, I do take offence to them written in a public forum.

Your refusal to delete it shows a great deal of your character.
will you shut up?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Codyak Supercharged
Finally some since out of this...

blowing engines that dont need to blow (not talking s.c)... I just dont get it
i dont think any ss s/c guys have blown their ringlands on purpose, but at least they didnt post about it if they did

really.. craig, just shut up and go away. no one cares about you. you signed up forever ago and only have 30 posts? please man.. do us all a favor, and go back to whatever gay sex chat room you came from.

*this post will never be deleted.. deal with it.*

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 08-07-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
oh my god.. stop being a baby about that one f'inpost and stop whoring up this thread.. go take you stuck up semantics someplace else where people actually care about how you feel on an online forum.... jesus christmas
I guess you just coun't contain yourself. It's ok that you don't care about my opinion. Confronting me certeinly doesn't do anything to contain the whoring. If you didn't care, why jump in?

Maybe you could photoshop my face over al pachinos' in Scarface at his desk.

Sometimes, some things just need to be said. Most are to cowardly to go against popular antics. I'm not. I don't need followers and I certainly don't need any more friends.

My request is very reasonable and easily fixed.

I am curious to see the pistons. From the info so far, tunning may not be the issue. In my experience, I have never seen a cam break because the combustion chamber was too hot. I have seen pistons come apart and bend valves in the 2.2, but have yet to see a cam and timing chain break other than an overev or the first few eco's with weak timing components that broke under normal use.

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
i dont think any ss s/c guys have blown their ringlands on purpose, but at least they didnt post about it if they did

really.. craig, just shut up and go away. no one cares about you. you signed up forever ago and only have 30 posts? please man.. do us all a favor, and go back to whatever gay sex chat room you came from.

*this post will never be deleted.. deal with it.*
I'm not offended by your comments. No need to delete any posts. Only the statement that was made stating that I did something illegal.

My number of posts is irrelevant. My coments were fair and reasonable. I joined this forum because I was asked too by the admin. I don't post because it doens't pay. Today, I'm goofing off and have a few moments to tug on it.

It seems to me that your friend doesn't need any defence or protection. If you feel the need to anounce that you are a lemming, so be it.

I will absolutely shut up if nobody want to talk to me. It seems to me that if you find the need to address me, I'll be respectful and respond.

Last edited by craig; 08-07-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 12:45 PM

Indeed it does. I have a sense of humor and you're Ned Flanders's brother.
Adam, that made me ROFL while on the phone with a navy customer.

(Note to self: Do not read Adam's posts while on a call)
Old 08-07-2007, 12:46 PM

ill post pics as soon as i can and if its locked ill post under somthing else. but i will post to everyone who is interested in what happend.

Quick Reply: yellows 2.2 supercharged "death"