2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

yellows 2.2 supercharged "death"

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
wow adam I am not pickin up my phone anymore you sick bastard lol....

this thread went even further downhill than when I last checked last night.... goddamn.

anyway, make it bigger, better, stronger, and try not to blow it up this time..

that is all
Old 08-07-2007, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowshowbalt
ill post pics as soon as i can and if its locked ill post under somthing else. but i will post to everyone who is interested in what happend.
looking forward to the pics and stuff, i think its cool to have something like this to read besides "what intake should i buy". + rep for something different to read about.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
Adam, that made me ROFL while on the phone with a navy customer.

(Note to self: Do not read Adam's posts while on a call)
ROFL!

My job is now completed.

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
wow adam I am not pickin up my phone anymore you sick bastard lol....

this thread went even further downhill than when I last checked last night.... goddamn.

anyway, make it bigger, better, stronger, and try not to blow it up this time..

that is all
You weren't picking up the phone before hand because you have a Nextel hahahaha

Last edited by NJHK; 08-07-2007 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Am I the only one who thinks that there is absolutely NOTHING to brag about because he couldn't make a reliable supercharged car and he's BRAGGING that he had "no tuning".

It wasn't the point you "lasted 6 months", it's the point that you were going to **** up your ride.
i actually agree w/ adam on this point (don't worry, satan already sent me an e-mail and told me it's getting cold... what can i say i'm on his xmas list)... and i got neg repped for simply asking if in fact he had no tuning, and what exactly his setup was...

Old 08-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Oh Golly Gee, this thread has me lol-ing like I've never lol'ed before.

In my opinion, this dude has proved absolutely nothing. Like it has already been said, this has absolutely no relevance to anything. Congratulations your motor lasted 6 months, but what did it prove? It only shows people that tuning is essential for reliability. I guess if someone is only planning to drive the car for 11,999 miles, then I guess this is the perfect setup for them. This doesn't help anybody. It doesn't serve any purpose.

And Craig, you are B-O-R-I-N-G. And if you've been trolling this site for so long, I would think you would give NJHK a little more credit for his involvement with this site.

Edit: Wow, -rep. To whoever left it, I dont even know wtf you meant for your comment, "hes a band wagon jumper". haha. WTF does that mean? Really, whos the band wagon jumper, and is "he" jumping on or off. Maybe jumping over? I don't know.

Last edited by akJBody; 08-07-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Wait, adam, someone, straighten me out,
Project showbalt was made to fail?
I figured projects were made to work....
Old 08-07-2007, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes it was built to fail the question was when and how much it could take.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by bc3tech
i actually agree w/ adam on this point (don't worry, satan already sent me an e-mail and told me it's getting cold... what can i say i'm on his xmas list)... and i got neg repped for simply asking if in fact he had no tuning, and what exactly his setup was...

wow, satan is putting his sweater on right now lol

I think you're still missing the point.

You proved nothing about how much the engine can take. That's like draining out all the oil in the motor and driving it until it blows and if it lasted longer than you expected then "Damn, that engine can take some abuse!".

Originally Posted by cobalt9123
Wait, adam, someone, straighten me out,
Project showbalt was made to fail?
I figured projects were made to work....
Stop it! You're being logical! It's hurting his head!

Originally Posted by akJBody
Oh Golly Gee, this thread has me lol-ing like I've never lol'ed before.

In my opinion, this dude has proved absolutely nothing. Like it has already been said, this has absolutely no relevance to anything. Congratulations your motor lasted 6 months, but what did it prove? It only shows people that tuning is essential for reliability. I guess if someone is only planning to drive the car for 11,999 miles, then I guess this is the perfect setup for them. This doesn't help anybody. It doesn't serve any purpose.

And Craig, you are B-O-R-I-N-G. And if you've been trolling this site for so long, I would think you would give NJHK a little more credit for his involvement with this site.

Edit: Wow, -rep. To whoever left it, I dont even know wtf you meant for your comment, "hes a band wagon jumper". haha. WTF does that mean? Really, whos the band wagon jumper, and is "he" jumping on or off. Maybe jumping over? I don't know.
Have my man babies.

I'll give you some rep. Your neg rep was BS.

Last edited by NJHK; 08-07-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 05:27 PM

some of yall are like broken screwdrivers not even good enough to hit with a hammer lolololololololol ps. i dont neg rep anyone becouse i dont care.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 PM

ROFL!

My job is now completed.

You weren't picking up the phone before hand because you have a Nextel hahahaha
tis true... nextel sucks donkey *****...

and I want to see some pics of the destruction. I got to see Phil's (darksun) broken exhaust cam
Old 08-07-2007, 07:35 PM

I am now riding my lollerskates all over this thread.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:41 PM

lol brian.. btw how's the car running
Old 08-07-2007, 07:44 PM

Running good. A bit rich i think because my buddy said i was shooting a **** load of black smoke. We gotta straighten **** out on Friday and i gotta get that wideband in.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:45 PM

yeah man. well I'll be out friday, I"ll bring the laptop// you going to dyno day saturday? if so I can dial ya in a bit more... but seriously get that wideband in asap
Old 08-07-2007, 09:45 PM

MEGAROFL!

Someone neg repped me saying

"you ignorant ***!!! why not go slander someone else, and leave this guy alone already"

HEHEHEHEHEHE
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM

But you didn't *scientifically* answer that. You haven't posted any of your data logs or any control measurements or, well, anything. Your car lasted 6 months and however many miles. OK. But when did the fault occur in the motor? Exactly. You don't know. You could have had a major internal failure 3,000 miles ago but it wasn't until that problem was allowed to progress that the motor completely stopped running.

There've been people on here who have melted a ringland on a piston and driven for over a month afterwards with only minor problems. Very, very few motors go all in one shot from running fine to self implosion.

The people who are saying you didn't prove anything aren't saying it to bash you or belittle your project. They're saying it because, in reality, you didn't prove anything.

As you can tell with very little experience in the automotive world, not all motors are exactly the same. One person could walk out and buy two of the same exact car with the same exact options. One car may get a motor that will last until 250,000 miles with no problems and the identical car could blow up at 75,000. You just don't know. And just because your motor lasted 6 months doesn't mean someone else's will...so you can't apply a broad statement about how well overall the motor is built or how ANY L61 will hold up to boost without tuning...it just doesn't apply to any other car but your own.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
But you didn't *scientifically* answer that. You haven't posted any of your data logs or any control measurements or, well, anything. Your car lasted 6 months and however many miles. OK. But when did the fault occur in the motor? Exactly. You don't know. You could have had a major internal failure 3,000 miles ago but it wasn't until that problem was allowed to progress that the motor completely stopped running.

There've been people on here who have melted a ringland on a piston and driven for over a month afterwards with only minor problems. Very, very few motors go all in one shot from running fine to self implosion.

The people who are saying you didn't prove anything aren't saying it to bash you or belittle your project. They're saying it because, in reality, you didn't prove anything.

As you can tell with very little experience in the automotive world, not all motors are exactly the same. One person could walk out and buy two of the same exact car with the same exact options. One car may get a motor that will last until 250,000 miles with no problems and the identical car could blow up at 75,000. You just don't know. And just because your motor lasted 6 months doesn't mean someone else's will...so you can't apply a broad statement about how well overall the motor is built or how ANY L61 will hold up to boost without tuning...it just doesn't apply to any other car but your own.
Thank You

Exactly what we've been trying to say.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:00 PM

wow there are some real dicks on this site! do you people think you are god or something and that your opinion is the word of god and nothing else matters? he obviously has more money and time to fool with this **** than he does sense (no offence yellowshow) he wasnt trying to make a scientific representation of how much the 2.2 could take

it was obviously just for ***** and giggles WHAT THE **** IS THE PROBLEM!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by trent_ky
wow there are some real dicks on this site! do you people think you are god or something and that your opinion is the word of god and nothing else matters? he obviously has more money and time to fool with this **** than he does sense (no offence yellowshow) he wasnt trying to make a scientific representation of how much the 2.2 could take

Go marry your cousin.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 PM

So let me get this straight. He was running 15 psi on a stock motor without tunning? YellowShow...Were you running extra injectors? bigger injectors? any kind of fuel inrichment what-so-ever?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 PM

Go marry your cousin.
ok since we are stereotyping get a job
Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 PM

Because he's giving the impression that he has made some big discovery for the good of Cobalts everywhere. I said it before but appearantly the point was lost: IF HE HAD THE MONEY TO **** AWAY...FINE. Fun little project to keep himself entertained, but perhaps it's just the way he's presenting it, it seems like he wants people to actually learn from what he did without presenting any material which can be learned from and it seems like people are latching on to the notion that it has some sort of relevance to their own cars, which is a VERY dangerous assumption to make when so far there appears to be no way of knowing what caused the failure itself whether it was too much boost, fueling issues, timing issues, knock, or what. So it really doesn't transfer to anyone but himself.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 PM

ok since we are stereotyping get a job
Actually you're right. I'm unemployed.

Since we are stereotyping, put a intake on your horse and buggy.

By the way, I live in New Jersey...you could have tried a location stereotype...but wait...oh yes...a nice black stereotype would be so much simpler, aye?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 PM

Actually you're right. I'm unemployed.

Since we are stereotyping, put a intake on your horse and buggy.

By the way, I live in New Jersey...you could have tried a location stereotype...but wait...oh yes...a nice black stereotype would be so much simpler, aye?
lol it's funny that the only insults ppl seem to throw your way are pathetic black jokes. makes them sound like hill billy american hicks , lol
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by RedBaseBolt
lol it's funny that the only insults ppl seem to throw your way are pathetic black jokes. makes then sound like hill billy american hicks , lol
Pretty much

and it really doesn't help his case being from Kentucky

lawl

Quick Reply: yellows 2.2 supercharged "death"