2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

ZZP sc kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZZP sc kit?

this prolly a repost or a similar post but i searched this topic with no results so whatever............anyways i was on ZZP's site and i clicked on future products and they say they will have or be shipping a s/c kit by march 1, my question is, do you think its worth waiting for? will it be a decent price or will we even see it? or should i just continue on with the N/A toys with the money ive saved??
Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM

I'm waiting to see how much it will be. If its under $1500 then i'll be first in line to get one. Any more then I'll continue piecing together a turbo setup. I say wait just to see what they have up their sleeve. Its a lil over 2 weeks now so why not.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
March 1 isn't that far away.

Plus anyways, I doubt you'll be unsnowed in by that point anyways.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM

^^ March 1 is in 2 and 1/2 weeks. I'm guessing it'll be a good price from ZZP and if so then it saves the headache of running around piecing together a kit by yourself plus if you save up till then you can get the SC kit and all the supporting mods to really upgrade the kit further... and with that I would imagine for a decent price you'd be putting down good numbers without breaking your wallet too much.... lol of course its all up to you tho
Old 02-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by MT0911
^^ March 1 is in 2 and 1/2 weeks. I'm guessing it'll be a good price from ZZP and if so then it saves the headache of running around piecing together a kit by yourself plus if you save up till then you can get the SC kit and all the supporting mods to really upgrade the kit further... and with that I would imagine for a decent price you'd be putting down good numbers without breaking your wallet too much.... lol of course its all up to you tho
Apparently ZZP's kit also takes care of the need to trim brackets and such the 2.2 guys have issues with.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nighthawk243
Apparently ZZP's kit also takes care of the need to trim brackets and such the 2.2 guys have issues with.
Thats what I heard also. It makes it really convenient for the 2.2 guys. It'll be nice if it's priced decently so for those N/A looking for forced induction; they could have a nice option to build from. I'm looking forward for the kit to come out also; just curious what kind of numbers a stock NA would put down.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:19 PM

**** cause of the stock exhaust. a small exhaust system with the sc is pure killer plain and simple.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:00 PM

They ever say if the kit includes a tune?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Tired of trying customizing an LSJ supercharger kit to work on your car?

Sick of dealing with the never ending parts list to supercharge your NA Ecotec?

The ZZP supercharger kit offers an easy and affordable solution to supercharging your 2.2 or 2.4 liter.

Injectors that work with your stock harness, keep your original balancer, comes with a custom belt set up for your car, no change in tensioners and brackets, the ZZP kit offers it all.

Available for both stick and automatic transmissions.

Auto transmissions hold the engine further forward and the upper radiator support needs slight modification or you have to run the stage 2 kit as the pulley is smaller and will clear. Manual trans cars do not have any clearance issues.

The belt system works by changing the OEM routing slightly with a relocation bracket. This allows the factory routing and tensioner pulley to function for the entire system, including the supercharger. It's a 5 rib belt and the pulleys for the system are ZZP modular custom pulleys. Normal pulleys will not work.

Current plans are to use an LSJ coolant pump, lower intake and blower. Some components will be used, kits are waranteed for 1 year.

06/07 kits come with a TB adaptor harness and a kit for these cars should be shipping March 1st. 08+ kits will require an extension harness, TB adaptor plate and be shipping soon after for $100 more.

We have not set pricing yet but we are doing our best to ensure the kit is competitive with other forced induction offerings.

Stage 1 includes a 3.4" pulley, intercooler, 39# injectors and complete SC kit ready to bolt on.

Stage 2 includes a smaller pulley, dual pass, larger HE and 60#.

-This kit will be coming with an open cone intake. Stock and aftermarket intakes will not fit. THis is due to the washer bottle being in the way on NA cars. If you so desired, the washer fluid bottle could be moved and a standard intake could be run.

Bold = Lame.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:01 PM

i'd rather that lame 5-rib belt and **** then to cut down a 6 rib belt that does not fit the car anyway. not lame in my book. ss/sc belts are rib on both sides ours is not.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

The ZZP supercharger kit offers an easy and affordable solution to supercharging your 2.2 or 2.4 liter.

Injectors that work with your stock harness, keep your original balancer, comes with a custom belt set up for your car, no change in tensioners and brackets, the ZZP kit offers it all.

Auto transmissions hold the engine further forward and the upper radiator support needs slight modification or you have to run the stage 2 kit as the pulley is smaller and will clear. Manual trans cars do not have any clearance issues.

The belt system works by changing the OEM routing slightly with a relocation bracket. This allows the factory routing and tensioner pulley to function for the entire system, including the supercharger. It's a 5 rib belt and the pulleys for the system are ZZP modular custom pulleys. Normal pulleys will not work.

Current plans are to use an LSJ coolant pump, lower intake and blower. Some components will be used, kits are waranteed for 1 year.

06/07 kits come with a TB adaptor harness and a kit for these cars should be shipping March 1st. 08+ kits will require an extension harness, TB adaptor plate and be shipping soon after for $100 more.

We have not set pricing yet but we are doing our best to ensure the kit is competitive with other forced induction offerings.

Stage 1 includes a 3.4" pulley, intercooler, 39# injectors and complete SC kit ready to bolt on.

-This kit will be coming with an open cone intake. Stock and aftermarket intakes will not fit. THis is due to the washer bottle being in the way on NA cars. If you so desired, the washer fluid bottle could be moved and a standard intake could be run.

Bold = Lame.

It may be lame to you, but at least they are giving attention to this platform of car and are trying to make it as easy as possible for people that have a 2.2/2.4 and want to step up to forced induction.

Originally Posted by Trey6417
I'm waiting to see how much it will be. If its under $1500 then i'll be first in line to get one. Any more then I'll continue piecing together a turbo setup. I say wait just to see what they have up their sleeve. Its a lil over 2 weeks now so why not.
It probably wont be lower than 1500.

Last edited by HyperMuffin; 02-10-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

Bold = Lame.

lol...i used an lsj injen intake on my last car.
you cannot use any intake you currently have though.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 PM

They had some, but are out of stock.
Not sure, but the pic shows it has "most" parts.
All the little twist ties, bolts, nuts, hoses, and other parts I did not see.
I hope this is a complete kit as they say it is.
I had a kit, and found out it was 65% complete.
I bought the 2.0 injectors and harness, and some other parts then had to sell it thanks to the credit card companies tripling their minimum and percent rate.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mike85220
They had some, but are out of stock.
Not sure, but the pic shows it has "most" parts.
All the little twist ties, bolts, nuts, hoses, and other parts I did not see.
I hope this is a complete kit as they say it is.
I had a kit, and found out it was 65% complete.
I bought the 2.0 injectors and harness, and some other parts then had to sell it thanks to the credit card companies tripling their minimum and percent rate.
sorry to hear that
Old 02-11-2010, 07:58 PM

I had the taste of forced air induction on my lips, but I could not take a bite...lol
Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 PM

It's a lot easier to just cut one rib off than replace ALL the pulleys on your engine. As the guy before said, that's lame. And the guy that said the belt doesn't fit is sooo wrong
Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243
Trim brackets? :WTF what u talking bout? I have done a sc install 3 times on 2.2's...didn't trip any bracket...and I don't c y a compitent installer can't do the install with simple hand tools...he'll I did it with a tool kit from vatozone...only thing that need to be cut is a part of the block that sticks out...doesn't even serve a purpose, and a drmel will knock it out in a few minutes...I used a cutting wheel but not everyone may have one
Old 02-12-2010, 09:13 AM

the modular pulleys are for the supercharger how is that lame? by that they mean you don't have to cut a 6 rib belt down, just sounds stupid, again how is that lame? are we missing something here? you don't need to replace the tensioner and all that none-sense but again this is just lame when it's simplified and made to work for you and your engine given we run 5 rib pulleys. good day to you all.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 PM

I just don't see the point.. Either way I'm not going SC so I couldn't care less.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:11 PM

When I think kit, I think easy button. I assume that's why they made some of these choices.

edit:

Originally Posted by ZZP's Coming Soon page
Feb 11, 2010 updates:

Kits will begin shipping March 1st and be on the site a little before that date.

Pricing for stage 1 will be $1999.99, stage 2 a little more.

Stage 1 comes with 39# injectors and a 3.4" pulley

New Bosch pump, ZZP HE

Adds about 75 HP, we'll have dyno charts posted soon.

2005-2007 2.2 and 2.4 kits at base price

2008+ 2.4L kits ~$100 more

2008+ 2.2L kits will not be available until April 1st.

Last edited by Mr.N00bLaR; 02-12-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Spanky's Monkey
the modular pulleys are for the supercharger how is that lame? by that they mean you don't have to cut a 6 rib belt down, just sounds stupid, again how is that lame? are we missing something here? you don't need to replace the tensioner and all that none-sense but again this is just lame when it's simplified and made to work for you and your engine given we run 5 rib pulleys. good day to you all.
Replacing every pulley on the engine = costly, time consuming, and waste of time when all you have to do is cut one rib off the stage 2 belt
Old 02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by scottyguy401
Replacing every pulley on the engine = costly, time consuming, and waste of time when all you have to do is cut one rib off the stage 2 belt
indeed
Old 02-18-2010, 09:36 PM

that's why you aren't replacing any pulleys. what are you guys missing? the zzp kit does not require you to change any pulleys for anything. what's the ******* problem?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:24 AM

Problem = Turbo > SC

Another problem = N/A > All

Old 02-19-2010, 01:02 AM

ive peiced the kit together myself with some changes here and there